Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarekMandalore

A Captain Terro Question

11 posts in this topic

Currently, I'm still working on the core campaign. I also expect the core will reward multiple plays, though I may want to break up those plays with other options, hence the question. 

I think Jabba's Realm will be my first big box expansion, and of course I want miniatures instead of token when I play it. With the core set, I luckily have some Wizards of the Coast place holders until the FFG ones arrive. (Royal Guard Champion proxies okay with Wizard's Sovereign Protector, but wow is the difference in sculpting quality obvious!!!)

Even for a cheap start with Jabba, though, I have no Dewback Riders. So, my question is this: for campaign play, avoiding token use, how many copies of the Terro pack do I need to cover both Terro and whatever generic dewback riders I may need?

you will never NEED the 2 dewback models.  Captain terro will show up, but a regular dewback rider isn't a part of the reserved groups and will only ever be brought in by taking it as an open group.  

MarekMandalore likes this

For the most part, that's true.  However, if you get one Terro pack, you'll also have the opportunity to include his agenda set, which includes his acquisition mission.  

In that mission, I believe that there is a dewback, but I don't think that he and Terro appear at the same time.

35 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

For the most part, that's true.  However, if you get one Terro pack, you'll also have the opportunity to include his agenda set, which includes his acquisition mission. 

Reveal hidden contents

In that mission, I believe that there is a dewback, but I don't think that he and Terro appear at the same time.

As far as I remember, that's correct.

Anyone can correct me on this if i'm wrong, i don't have the rules in front of me at the moment.

I believe the rule limiting the number of same groups you can bring is basically the number of deployment cards from the given expansion. Jabba's Realm comes with one Dewback deployment card, so that's your limit on that figure. There's no point in buying more than 2 in any circumstance (for campaign) as you'd be limited to 1 Terro and 1 Dewback rider. Even if you had 2 figures, by rule, you wouldn't be able to bring them both into the open group as Dewbacks. Though, you can always make house rule expections :)

2 hours ago, Fightwookies said:

Anyone can correct me on this if i'm wrong, i don't have the rules in front of me at the moment.

I believe the rule limiting the number of same groups you can bring is basically the number of deployment cards from the given expansion. Jabba's Realm comes with one Dewback deployment card, so that's your limit on that figure. There's no point in buying more than 2 in any circumstance (for campaign) as you'd be limited to 1 Terro and 1 Dewback rider. Even if you had 2 figures, by rule, you wouldn't be able to bring them both into the open group as Dewbacks. Though, you can always make house rule expections :)

Jabba's Realm actually altered that rule.  It's now deployment cards and figures.  I haven't checked myself, but it was pointed out that there were 4 Weequay figure with two regular and one elite deployment cards. So you could use two regulars or a regular and an elite in a mission.

2 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Jabba's Realm actually altered that rule.  It's now deployment cards and figures.  I haven't checked myself, but it was pointed out that there were 4 Weequay figure with two regular and one elite deployment cards. So you could use two regulars or a regular and an elite in a mission.

So, since the terro pack comes with 1 figure, you can't run terro and a dewback together in campaign?

that sucks. I would refer to some house rules instead, lol.

There is a Captain Terro token in the Jabba's Realm box, so you can run both of them if you don't care that one is a token. Not with just the Captain Terro pack though, although it comes with both deployment cards.

Captain Terro Pack said:

In a campaign, players are limited to the number of Deployment
cards included in this expansion. Therefore, the Imperial player
is limited to one Dewback Rider group, regardless of how many
copies of this expansion he owns.

Of course uniques are naturally limited to one copy.

Edited by a1bert
Fightwookies likes this

39 minutes ago, Uninvited Guest said:

Jabba's Realm actually altered that rule.  It's now deployment cards and figures.

There is no generic rule for component limitations other than only one of each unique. Each expansion gives their own component limitations.

(And if you remember, the deployment cards and figures limitation is because the skirmish people wanted to have extra deployment cards in the boxes.)

Jabba said:

Note: In a campaign, players are limited to the number of figures
and Deployment cards included in this expansion. For example,
the Imperial player is limited to simultaneously using two Jet
Trooper groups and only one of those groups can be elite, even if
he owns multiple copies of this expansion.

Emphasis mine.

Edited by a1bert