django042

Minh's ability limit once per turn

The text in brackets of minhs ability is confusing me, english is not my native tongue. I don't understand to what is limited by "once per turn", the person benefiting from the wild icon or the investigator commiting a card? Or something completely different?

Quote from her ability: "After an investigator at your location commits a card to a skill test: That card gains a wild icon until the end of the test. (Limit once for each investigator per round.) "

Edited by django042

It's the combination of investigator and round. Say you're playing with Minh, Sefina and Mark. In a given round, Minh can use her ability once on a card she commits herself, once on a card Sefina commits and once on a card Mark commits.

I am not sure how to explain it more simply so i will use a example instead.

Example 1) It is Minh's turn and she makes a skill check. She commits a card to it so she can add a ? to it as a reaction but if she does a second skill check on the same round, she wouldn't be able to use her reaction ability again as it is "once per round".

Example 2) The turn passes to Mark who is at the same location as Minh. Mark makes a skill check  and commits a card to it, Minh can use her reaction to give Mark another ? even though she used the ability on herself earlier as she can use it on " each investigator once per round".

On 19-9-2017 at 5:47 PM, Khudzlin said:

It's the combination of investigator and round. Say you're playing with Minh, Sefina and Mark. In a given round, Minh can use her ability once on a card she commits herself, once on a card Sefina commits and once on a card Mark commits.

So in theory you could also use Minh’s ability three times (in the above example) during the same skill test.

If Minh commits a card to a skill test she has to make it would receive the ? icon and if either Mark or Sefina (or both), who are at the same location, commit a card, these cards would get the ? icon as well.

Yep.  I'm playing Minh now.  Overall I think she's a bit underwhelming compared to Daisy or Rex, but in large group games she can run the gamut from a subtle-but-reliable increase in success to a massive spike.  We got through Undimensioned and Unseen yesterday, and those extra icons were huge - with 4 players, being able to distribute a total of +4 to the tests was crazy good.

1 hour ago, Buhallin said:

Yep.  I'm playing Minh now.  Overall I think she's a bit underwhelming compared to Daisy or Rex, but in large group games she can run the gamut from a subtle-but-reliable increase in success to a massive spike.  We got through Undimensioned and Unseen yesterday, and those extra icons were huge - with 4 players, being able to distribute a total of +4 to the tests was crazy good.

Whats your Minh Deck build?  I have been playing around with one with 18 skill cards.  Not sure if that is overkill or not.

I keep playing around with the other 12 cards in her deck.

18 minutes ago, Jobu said:

Whats your Minh Deck build?  I have been playing around with one with 18 skill cards.  Not sure if that is overkill or not.

I keep playing around with the other 12 cards in her deck.

I actually find Minh needs skill cards less than most.  Since she basically turns most cards you commit into a double icon, you can use more assets and such with her.  The only place where it being an actual skill matters is her Elder Sign, which is too unreliable to really build for.

I don't have the full deck list online, but I can dig up the current version (about to go into Where Doom Awaits).  It's pretty standard Seeker for the most part, I'm not really a fan of Survivors so I think I use Lucky and Flare and that's about it.

I think another great way to play Minh is with a Scavenging build. She is one of those investigators that can actually investigate well while having Survivor cards in a deck. And I concur that she really doesn't need so many skill cards. But taking the specialty ones such as deduction, resourceful and even survival instinct makes them all that more appealing when they have that extra icon from the start.

2 hours ago, Bronze said:

I think another great way to play Minh is with a Scavenging build. She is one of those investigators that can actually investigate well while having Survivor cards in a deck. And I concur that she really doesn't need so many skill cards. But taking the specialty ones such as deduction, resourceful and even survival instinct makes them all that more appealing when they have that extra icon from the start.

There isn't really a great reason to leave scavenging out with Minh to be honest. It only costs 1 resource, and takes no equip slots. If you get your assets out early and come across this later, you can always commit it.

Oddly enough, Dark Horse isn't a bad pick for her either as she will be committing cards for extra bonuses and won't need to rely as heavily on resources (depending on your deck).