Duciris

Invocation (Organized Play)

New article detailing overview of Organized Play is up.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/18/invoke-thy-name/

Each kit is for four players (to be played in-store).

• 4 Playmats
  • 4 Copies of alt art Daisy (token and card)

It is to encourage players to play while in brick-and-mortar stores.

New rule options: Ultimatums.  An additional rule to hinder the experienced players, giving their decisions more consequence.

Edited by Duciris

I wonder if afterwards the Ultimatum kits (or any card/rules content) will be available to the rest of fans that are unable to get to a B-&-M store?

I do hope so as part of the living cardgame model is being able to collect full sets, so I do hope this content will be commercially available after the main organized play event window.

4 hours ago, Cuddly Cthulhu said:

Will players have to pay to for this?

I would have thought so, the gaming store will be paying for the event kit, and they'll likely want to pass that cost onto the gamers.

5 hours ago, jkayati said:

With just a mat and alt art cards, this isn't very appealing.  The LotR Fellowship events are much better, productwise.

I've not played LOTR, what is the event product support like? Interested to see what we might get in future. They might just be testing the water to see if there's a market for AHLCG events?

5 hours ago, General Zodd said:

I've not played LOTR, what is the event product support like? Interested to see what we might get in future. They might just be testing the water to see if there's a market for AHLCG events?

There is a special scenario, with alt-art hero card) and a mat.

Although I agree the LOTR events are better in that they include the "gen con special" I'm just going to say if you want continued Arkham Support of any kind from the OP department please go to this event, if each store only orders one because thats all the event interest they think they will get FFG may not continue it, I personally would like to see what they might have in store for the future, but I'm guessing that will depend on how much interest their initial event gets, so Please go if you can, and encourage others to join you.  I am looking to try to bring all my game groups together to join me for this event (16+ people or more) and I will be considering creating a deck for everyone.  This game is fantastic and any OP support is most welcome in my opinion.

That's an excellent point, Starbreaker1.  I will definitely attempt to get me FLGS to at least one kit.  We'll see what the price point is, and I imagine that will determine if I can get them to order more than one.

What does everyone think the cost should be?  $15?  $20?  

3 hours ago, AsahinaMaebure said:

While like the support and will likely see if my FLGS will get this, I really hope it has more than just the alt-art, ultimatums and playmat.

Why would you think it has more than what the announcement said it has?

Yeah, I am just pleasantly surprised that they are even doing something at this point.  A year later and then kits start coming about.  I will definitely be willing to show some support.

1 hour ago, JanB said:

In this kit the scenario which has to be played is missing... what about the Labyrinths of Lunacy?

The kit doesn't include a scenario.  It seems to be a goody bag to inspire organized play nights, rather than something like the Fellowship event.

My FLGS is ordering this, and I am happy for the support, but it would have been so much nicer and easier to kick off an event for this if Labyrinths had. Even included. I have a copy of it from GenCon, but I am the only person in either of my two playgroups with it, and running it as 3 separate scenarios doesn't sound as appealing with this kit. Oh well, just glad this game is getting some love, and hope it continues.