Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlodVargarna

Who won U.K. Nationals and with what?

48 posts in this topic

Sodding. Jump. Masters. 

Masterfully flown by the brilliant and talented Faan, beat Miranda/Biggs/Lowhrick flown by George Dellapina. 

The rest of the top four was rounded out by Jack Mooney's Jumpmasters and Ben Lee's Nym/Dash.

1 minute ago, BlodVargarna said:

When an interested passerby comes and watches a game and sees the JMK-5000 on the mat, it's so awesome to watch their expression of nostalgia and joy at seeing a favorite childhood design. 

I know this is in jest, but people like that do exist.

13 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

That's hilarious. 

Considering it shows how big and diverse in taste the Star Wars fan base is, I find it more inspiring. 

12 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Considering it shows how big and diverse in taste the Star Wars fan base is, I find it more inspiring. 

Same here:) I'm willing to bet even the most obscure Star Wars ship has its fans. Look at gunboat for example. Pretty obscure in the grand scheme of things, from a game that's likely older than many Star Wars fans and it still has almost a cult around here :)

SabineKey and AngryAlbatross like this

My 9 year old son, whose favourite film is TESB, recognised the Jumpmaster when it was released; he also knew it was Dengar's ship. So I guess that makes it iconic enough to be in the game! It's a Star Wars game, have fun and enjoy all the 'pew pew' moments; the meta and championships are not what's important.

4 hours ago, BlodVargarna said:

That's cool. I fondly remember that scene in ANH as a kid where the brave hero piloted his JMK-5000 down the trench of the Death Star and saved the Galaxy. 

Makes me happy to see such an iconic ship do well in the tournament scene. 

When an interested passerby comes and watches a game and sees the JMK-5000 on the mat, it's so awesome to watch their expression of nostalgia and joy at seeing a favorite childhood design. 

Hahahahahhahahahahaha this is the greatest thing I have ever seen posted online. Well done good sir. So true. 

Also so screw the Jumpaster. Time for 3.0 nerf on it? "If attacked by a ship that was actually in a Star Wars movie, it is instantly defeated.

2 hours ago, D0CT0R said:

My 9 year old son, whose favourite film is TESB, recognised the Jumpmaster when it was released

That's cool your kid knew what the JMK-5000 was when it was released. He sure has one over on me. I had no idea what that toilet seat with the nose cone of a B-52 jammed on it was.

8 hours ago, BlodVargarna said:

That's cool. I fondly remember that scene in ANH as a kid where the brave hero piloted his JMK-5000 down the trench of the Death Star and saved the Galaxy. 

Makes me happy to see such an iconic ship do well in the tournament scene. 

Your post reminds me of a tee shirt. It pictures a Dalek with the cation, "OMG, it's R2-D2! I loved him in Star Trek".

BlodVargarna likes this

11 hours ago, LordBlades said:

Same here:) I'm willing to bet even the most obscure Star Wars ship has its fans. Look at gunboat for example. Pretty obscure in the grand scheme of things, from a game that's likely older than many Star Wars fans and it still has almost a cult around here :)

Its ridiculous to make us a cult just because we are old enough to have played space sims in the 90s.
Anyway...
Burn heretic burn,

all glory to the mighty GUNBOAT!

Edited by Hannes Solo
HolySorcerer and LordBlades like this

12 hours ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Just make contracted scout unique already FFG.  Then you won't have to keep trying to nerf it!

So there's just one contracted scout in the galaxy? Man, that has to be a very lucrative contract!

LordBlades and Antipodean Ork like this

4 minutes ago, Kumagoro said:

So there's just one contracted scout in the galaxy? Man, that has to be a very lucrative contract!

Lol we could rename him Lone Star. But Gameplay > Fluff