jackal13

BB8 & Experimental Interface

Does EI on Norra work like PTL on her? Reveal a green, barrel roll, perform action with card action: header, receive stress token, perform green maneuver, relieve stress, and perform action.

12 hours ago, jackal13 said:

Does EI on Norra work like PTL on her? Reveal a green, barrel roll, perform action with card action: header, receive stress token, perform green maneuver, relieve stress, and perform action.

You lost me. How would thins look in Yet another squad builder?

1 hour ago, Pooleman said:

Don't know exactly what OP is looking at but it would be something like Nora with BB-8, Experimental Interface, and Expose.

Reveal a green, do a barrel roll with BB-8, trigger EI off the barrel roll to activate Expose and take a stress, complete the green maneuver to remove the stress, then take your regular action for presumably a focus or target lock.

1 hour ago, sharrrp said:

Don't know exactly what OP is looking at but it would be something like Nora with BB-8, Experimental Interface, and Expose.

Reveal a green, do a barrel roll with BB-8, trigger EI off the barrel roll to activate Expose and take a stress, complete the green maneuver to remove the stress, then take your regular action for presumably a focus or target lock.

Forgive me but EI allows you to use a free action for upgrade cards that say "ACTION" on them, as is my understanding. BB-8 does not have this on the card so I don't think EI applies here.

9 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

Forgive me but EI allows you to use a free action for upgrade cards that say "ACTION" on them, as is my understanding. BB-8 does not have this on the card so I don't think EI applies here.

BB-8 triggers when you reveal a green maneuver, allowing for you to perform a free barrel-roll action. 

That action allows you to trigger EI, which lets you trigger any other upgrade card you have equipped with the Action: header.

You then recieve 1 stress, execute the green to remove the stress, then get your normal action step.

35 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

What Innese said. :-)

EI starts "Once per round, after you perform an action..." and the barrel roll from BB-8 is an action. So you trigger BB-8 by revealing a green and do his free barrel roll action. Performing that action then allows you to trigger EI and do an action on some OTHER equipped card.  We're using BB-8 to create an opportunity to use EI not using EI to do the BB-8 action.

(100)

•Norra Wexley (38) - ARC-170
Intensity (2), Jyn Erso (2), •BB-8 (2), Alliance Overhaul (0), •Experimental Interface (3)

•Jess Pava (29) - T-70 X-Wing
•M9-G8 (3), Primed Thrusters (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Wookiee Liberator (33) - Auzituck Gunship
Push The Limit (3), Tactician (2), Rey (2)

14 hours ago, Pooleman said:

So I took out the liberator and put in Lowhhrick to buff either Jess or Norra's defense. Norra's build is designed to fly independently of the other 2 ships if needed. Norra has the potential to have 3 evades when attacked. 1 evade from intensity, 1 from her spending a TL and converting into evade, and 1 if I roll an evade or focus. That's where Jyn comes in, multiple focus to use on defense or offense or to flip intensity. With harpoon missiles coming formation flying would not be wise. Here is what my list looks like.

(99)

•Norra Wexley (38) - ARC-170
Intensity (2), Jyn Erso (2), •BB-8 (2), Alliance Overhaul (0), •Experimental Interface (3)

•Jess Pava (29) - T-70 X-Wing
•M9-G8 (3), Primed Thrusters (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

•Lowhhrick (32) - Auzituck Gunship
Selflessness (1), Rey (2), Intelligence Agent (1)