GooeyChewie

Running Interference

86 posts in this topic

Yeah, this is a very dirty hyperloop. I think it's certainly time for another FAQ to help shut this down. Not that it won't be beaten in a competitive scene, just that it'll destroy casual games.

34 minutes ago, SwagonBallZ said:

The victim has no opportunity to claim. The very first turn of each round is the Sabine player pulling off the entire combo, ending in a claim before the victim can perform any actions.

Only in the super low probability situation they showed, which requires LOT of setup and can be prevented from occurring a number of ways. 

1 hour ago, ozmodon said:

If the player with the battlefield passes  after his opponent he does not get the claim ability the round just ends. Therefore he would not get to put the other weapon back on top of his deck. If he claims then the other person gets to finish out their turn.

Ya to make everything 100% clear.

Plays ambush weapon from hand triggers cant play card takes another action
Next action is Roll in sabine, trigger sabine before ability play a weapon from discard pile Plays ambush weapon gaining another action, triggers cant roll in and triggers 1 damage off Thermal paint. Still has one action left before his opponent.
Final Action Claim.
Play now moves to Unkar player that can not roll out, play a card or claim and has no dice in the pool to resolve they must pass. Rinse Repeat Victory with out the opponent able to do anything at all.

Providing the sabine player gets all the required component's out while the opponent hasn't put 1 card in play with action on it like backup muscle or air superiority, plus in all the turns to get everything out there is something called damage which might also halt this, give me a break, this loop can be infinite and dirty but it's no where near gonna cause the problems people think it is, especially with rend aswell now

15 minutes ago, Plymouthdean86 said:

Providing the sabine player gets all the required component's out while the opponent hasn't put 1 card in play with action on it like backup muscle or air superiority, plus in all the turns to get everything out there is something called damage which might also halt this, give me a break, this loop can be infinite and dirty but it's no where near gonna cause the problems people think it is, especially with rend aswell now

I didn’t say it would be a massive problem in competitive play, I just said it has the potential to be a serious NPE in casual games. 

Hyperloop wasn't a massive problem in competitive play either nor was it easy to set up. It did however require action.

11 hours ago, Plymouthdean86 said:

Rend only slows it down, but doesn't stop it, since Starship Graveyard can fetch supports also

1 hour ago, Jerrus said:

Rend only slows it down, but doesn't stop it, since Starship Graveyard can fetch supports also

And, Cheat can get it back whenever wanted as well. Rend isn't the solution. Dead End scenarios shouldn't be in games regardless of their competitive stature. For the fun of the game, they should do something about this and then learn from their mistake of ever printing the card in its current form.

MegaSilver likes this