Sketchpad

Genesys Release Date

49 posts in this topic

I'm still waiting to find out if the (presumed to be in the works) L5R RPG will be a stand-alone book using the same narrative dice system rules or just a setting book that will require a seperate Genesys rulebook purchase.

If they announce it as a setting book for Genesys then I'd pre-order the Genesys book right away.

dresdinseven and others,

Is it typical for a pre-order to be at least timely from FFG (i.e. by release date)?  I've never preordered an item from them.  I've heard horror stories with other companies where folks pre-order and wind up waiting weeks longer than those buying on Amazon or at a FLGS.  The wait is killing me for this book, but waiting in pre-order limbo would be worse.

DarthDude likes this

2 minutes ago, Dragonshadow said:

dresdinseven and others,

Is it typical for a pre-order to be at least timely from FFG (i.e. by release date)?  I've never preordered an item from them.  I've heard horror stories with other companies where folks pre-order and wind up waiting weeks longer than those buying on Amazon or at a FLGS.  The wait is killing me for this book, but waiting in pre-order limbo would be worse.

I haven't ever preordered anything, but I have purchased stuff off their shop before. To me, the shipping fees are too much, so I usually go Miniature Market or FLGS. The latter option usually is slightly cheaper than other options.

What I'll do is wait until the book is shipping (or very, very close to it) before putting a hold or pre-buy down.

DarthDude likes this

If you're overseas you have to rely on Amazon and/or local Flagshipstores. Once I ordered a book (Age of Rebellion), the shipping was more expensive than the book, and it got lost, then reapeared at the customs. I contacted them, they told me I had to contact the sender (FFG). The sender told me they cannot do anything and it was sent back to the US (same story when the shipment became lost, I was directed at the postal service, which directed me to FFG, which did...nothing). 50$ for the trash can. Preordering directly from FFG might be a valid option for americans but for everybody else it is ****, never ever again.

Usually amazon here delivers faster than the publishers, so it's okay  to wait until I can pre-order it from there^^

On 25/09/2017 at 1:25 AM, Suzume Tomonori said:

I'm still waiting to find out if the (presumed to be in the works) L5R RPG will be a stand-alone book using the same narrative dice system rules or just a setting book that will require a seperate Genesys rulebook purchase.

If they announce it as a setting book for Genesys then I'd pre-order the Genesys book right away.

I guess you'll soon find out, as they've just announced a PDF for the L5R RPG Beta will be released next week. Looking forward to it myself and yeah it would be nice if they were compatible!

On 19/09/2017 at 2:19 PM, gdotbat said:

I just don't understand why FFG still shows it as "In Development". If its not really even at the printer yet, no way it will be here in Q4. GTM magazine has a specific release date in October, I don't remember the exact date, mid-October sometime I think. I checked with a friend that has a distributor, they don't have exact dates yet either.

Says today (september 27) that the book is at the printer! Woohoo! 

DarthDude likes this

4 hours ago, player1303422 said:

Says today (september 27) that the book is at the printer! Woohoo! 

Noticed that yesterday or the day before. Still doubt they can get it all printed and shipped before mid October, hope to see it before charismas though.

player1303422 likes this

I wouldn't pay alot of attention to those categories.  There are times when things have gone from in dev to available a little more quickly than your average row boat can sail the ocean blue.

DarthDude likes this

4 hours ago, Falendor said:

Noticed that yesterday or the day before. Still doubt they can get it all printed and shipped before mid October, hope to see it before charismas though.

Based on previous experience, it's about 10 weeks from when a book is "At the Printers" before we get it in hand.  

Typically a month at the printers, then 6ish weeks at sea.

DarthDude likes this

2 hours ago, 2P51 said:

I wouldn't pay alot of attention to those categories.  There are times when things have gone from in dev to available a little more quickly than your average row boat can sail the ocean blue.

Im going to trust the guy with the pirate pic on boat matters, dont know what that says about my judgment.

3 hours ago, CitizenKeen said:

And definitely by Strengthmas at the latest.

If its not out by Dexmas im going to throw something at them (with full holiday based Dexterity bonus)!

DarthGM, Suneisha, Endersai and 2 others like this

5 hours ago, kaosoe said:

What we don't see is its movement dial which consists of a slow forward and it causes stress.

Yes, it's a single one forward manoeuvre, the rest are noughts; and instead of assigning one just spins randomly.

DarthDude and Rrok007 like this

On 9/28/2017 at 5:11 AM, kaosoe said:

I believe I saw someone else mention that FFG releases their PDFs about a week or two after the book hits the shelves.

Hopefully, someone else can confirm or correct me.

Seems like the End of the World line played out like that too.  Like I'm not going to buy both.  

DarthDude, kaosoe and CitizenKeen like this