Sketchpad

Genesys Release Date

49 posts in this topic

The post says Q4 and I'm sure if FFG had their way it would be October 1, however, given printing/shipping is out of their hands, that's best case.

kaosoe and Zorm like this

Retailer in Australia that I used (www.gamesempire.com.au) has suggested October 2017, and an AU$60-ish price tag (AU$57.99).

I just don't understand why FFG still shows it as "In Development". If its not really even at the printer yet, no way it will be here in Q4. GTM magazine has a specific release date in October, I don't remember the exact date, mid-October sometime I think. I checked with a friend that has a distributor, they don't have exact dates yet either.

DarthDude likes this

20 minutes ago, gdotbat said:

I just don't understand why FFG still shows it as "In Development". If its not really even at the printer yet, no way it will be here in Q4. GTM magazine has a specific release date in October, I don't remember the exact date, mid-October sometime I think. I checked with a friend that has a distributor, they don't have exact dates yet either.

GTM Magazine was optimistic, but I'll agree that it really should be "at the printers" now if they want to get it here before 2018...

DarthDude likes this

I wish they'd push some genre character sheets out now in the support section.  I'm probably just gonna pull the trigger and launch a fantasy campaign sans CRB and wing until it's out.  I may tweak some things anyway based on what I've seen, also I was wanting to port over the WHF3E spells/prayers anyway and it doesn't look like that will be a heavy lift at all.

Edited by 2P51
DarthDude and verdantsf like this

16 hours ago, 2P51 said:

I'm probably just gonna pull the trigger and launch a fantasy campaign sans CRB and wing until it's out.

I've been thinking the same thing. How are you handling archetypes and talent trees?

DarthDude likes this

I'm close to that too. Some friends have been asking me to introduce them to roleplaying, D&D specifically. I don't think it would be hard to switch them to Genesys, but they're chomping at the bit to get started.

I'm working on an in-game reason for a pre-official mini-campaign that transitions to the official ruleset on release. The setting is a modern fantasy mash-up of The Secret World, World of Darkness, and Dresden Files. One idea I have is a murder mystery set within the dreams of a cursed survivor. The dreamscape would allow for custom specs from the PCs that would basically be drafts of the actual specs we'll switch to.

DarthDude likes this

3 minutes ago, verdantsf said:

I'm working on an in-game reason for a pre-official mini-campaign that transitions to the official ruleset on release. The setting is a modern fantasy mash-up of The Secret World, World of Darkness, and Dresden Files. One idea I have is a murder mystery set within the dreams of a cursed survivor. The dreamscape would allow for custom specs from the PCs that would basically be drafts of the actual specs we'll switch to.

Why?

4 minutes ago, DarthDude said:

I'd love to use Genesys for that setting as well, if you made something up mind to share? :) 

Sure thing! I'm still bouncing ideas off of some of my SWRPG campaign players atm. Once I get more ideas committed to (digital) paper, I'll let you know!

DarthDude likes this

2 hours ago, verdantsf said:

I've been thinking the same thing. How are you handling archetypes and talent trees?

I'm doing races as archetypes and then just making a bunch of specs similar to SW specs minus a career.  PCs will have a 'spec tree' for their races which will be racially appropriate and then pick a career tree. My guys in a 500 xp+ SW campaign haven't moved past 2 trees so that's plenty to start. Spells/prayers will be in schools/domains. I intend to just import as much as possible with as little change. Marauder becomes Bezerker, etc.

I'm currently including races as species with minor bonuses like SWRPG, with additional archetypes tailored to the ones who want to expand beyond the basic species abilities. However, I can definitely see the appeal of keeping things streamlined with races as archetypes.

DarthDude likes this

On 9/19/2017 at 11:19 AM, gdotbat said:

Well, Fully Operation is listed as "In Development" and there's a whole lotta chatter about it being lost with Ghosts of Dathomir, so I suspect whomever is responsible for updating that particular data might have been let go or moved to another job.  

DarthDude likes this

Howdy, everyone! It's been a long time since I hopped in and this whole GeneSys thing has me very interested. I am very much hoping it can handle running a Dishonored game. That would put me over the freakin' moon! 

DarthDude likes this

Where do you guys go to see these announcements? ie: 

15 hours ago, admutt said:

Genesys is now "at the printer"!!!

and

15 hours ago, DarthDude said:

well, that should be worth another article by FFG :D the one about talents as they announced.

Thanks!