Sign in to follow this  
Thornoo1

Q4 Magic Vault Store Championship - Brisbane

I'll be hosting Brisbane's first Store Championship in Brisbane 11am -5pm Saturday 28 October at the Magic Vault, Alderley Brisbane.

More details on the Magic Vault's Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/106299160115989/

If you don't have 200pts yet we have spare armies.  Come and try Runewars out.

Edited by Thornoo1

On 9/17/2017 at 0:41 PM, Koutarou said:

Yes i am very keen, quick question how strict are you guys on proxied upgrade cards?

Sorry, didn't see your question.  I think that for a store championship we can be flexible on this stuff.  Once we move to regionals next year we'll play it by FFG's rules of only using released cards.

If people who are interested could RSVP via the FB event that would really help us know how many tables we need to set up.

As far as gaming mats Rob and I have two 6x3s, I also have a 6x4 we can use and Jason has two 3x3s he can bring.

23 minutes ago, Thornoo1 said:

Sorry, didn't see your question.  I think that for a store championship we can be flexible on this stuff.  Once we move to regionals next year we'll play it by FFG's rules of only using released cards.

All good i only just got approved by a mod to post so it was hidden, thanks for answering!  I'm not going to proxy anything that hasn't been realesed and everything yet though, I just only have the undead stuff from 3 cores so not many upgrade cards

This first 200pt store championship in Brisbane went really well.  Thank you to everyone who participated.

1. Rob - 24pts Daqan
  2. Callan - 23pts Waqar
  3. Nik - 22pts Latari
  4. Jason 15pts Daqan
  5. Rohan 9pts Waqar
  6. Sean 6pts Waqar

The two of top three players won 2 games and lost 1, with Callam's Waqar winning all his games and the final outcome was decided in the last few turns of the day. Off the top of my head the lists looked a bit like this:

1. Daqan - spearstar and dispatch runner with crossbows and  2 small oathsworn, no heroes
  2. Waqar - 2  large deathcaller blocks with 2 archers and Adrus solo, lancer
  3. Latari - 4 msu archers with Aliana solo plus large block of leonx, scion
  4. Daqan - 2 small blocks of spears, Hawthorn solo, large block of oathsworn, golem
  5. Waqar -  deathcaller block, Ardus solo, Maro solo and 2 archers, lancer
  6. Waqar - large reanimate block, Ardus, Maro embedded, 1 archer, midsized deathknights

Our aim is get the nationals in Brisbane within the next 12-18 months, something I think is very achievable.

Edited by Thornoo1

22 hours ago, Thornoo1 said:

This first 200pt store championship in Brisbane went really well.  Thank you to everyone who participated.

I swear next time you guys put something on, I'm going to make damned sure I can make it try and bring 1-2 others! Runewars is pretty slim pickings down here in Tas.

We used the official deployments and objectives as per the tournament regulations starting in October, 2017 - see here: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/ff/d2/ffd221c7-808e-4926-b09c-2268cfc4882c/rwm_tournament_regulations_v10.pdf

Deployments and Objectives were randomly selected on the day. They ended up being: Round 1, Careful Approach with Bounty. Round 2, Hammer and Anvil with Supply Raid and Standoff with Demoralize their Forces.

Each round was 90 minutes.

5 hours ago, maxam said:

I swear next time you guys put something on, I'm going to make damned sure I can make it try and bring 1-2 others! Runewars is pretty slim pickings down here in Tas.

Cool. We run a monthly event 3rd Saturday of every month at the Magic Vault, look them up on FB, that's were the event is advertised but I'll also post it in the Australian RWM FB page  

Im planning to run the Q1 2018 event either Jan or Feb. as I mentioned I am aiming to get a national event in Brisbane within 12-18 months. 

3 hours ago, Thornoo1 said:

Cool. We run a monthly event 3rd Saturday of every month at the Magic Vault, look them up on FB, that's were the event is advertised but I'll also post it in the Australian RWM FB page  

Im planning to run the Q1 2018 event either Jan or Feb. as I mentioned I am aiming to get a national event in Brisbane within 12-18 months. 

Awesome. Found them on FB and am following!