Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

Input/Assistance for this Rebel Squad?

Only been playing for a couple months and wanted to get your opinion on a Rebel squad. For the first month I was crushing both of the guys I play with (one guy is Scum, the other Imperial). But lately I've been losing every battle.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!31:18,72:7:15:U.54;31:18,72:7:15:U.54;201:219,-1,229,-1:2:27:U.207,m.-1&sn=A-Wing %2F A-Wing %2F Falcon&obs=

Green Squadron Pilot — A-Wing

Push the Limit

Chardaan Refit

Wingman

Autothrusters

A-Wing Test Pilot

Ship Total: 24

Green Squadron Pilot — A-Wing

Push the Limit

Chardaan Refit

Wingman

Autothrusters

A-Wing Test Pilot

Ship Total: 24

Rey — YT-1300

Swarm Leader

Wookiee Commandos

EMP Device

Smuggling Compartment

Millennium Falcon

Ship Total: 52 

I like someone taking a different take on Rey!  I have a couple comments/questions...

• You'll never want Rey to not fire, so I don't think EMP is a good choice
  • Those A-Wings are going to struggle pushing through any damage.  I think I see what you're doing with the Wingman on both, to pull off each others stress, but they have good enough dials that they'll probably be able to deal with their own stress
  • What challenges are you having when facing your friends?  

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

I like someone taking a different take on Rey!  I have a couple comments/questions...

• You'll never want Rey to not fire, so I don't think EMP is a good choice
  • Those A-Wings are going to struggle pushing through any damage.  I think I see what you're doing with the Wingman on both, to pull off each others stress, but they have good enough dials that they'll probably be able to deal with their own stress
  • What challenges are you having when facing your friends?  

My biggest challenge has been remembering to read the **** cards. Last match I had sensor jammer and forgot to use it all but 1 time. Very frustrating.

2 minutes ago, gennataos said:
  • Those A-Wings are going to struggle pushing through any damage.  I think I see what you're doing with the Wingman on both, to pull off each others stress, but they have good enough dials that they'll probably be able to deal with their own stress.

I thought that their ability to do 2 actions every time would give me an evade and the ability to arc dodge every turn. And having wingman on each would allow me to perform K-turns and such if needed to avoid any serious trouble.

2 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

My biggest challenge has been remembering to read the **** cards. Last match I had sensor jammer and forgot to use it all but 1 time. Very frustrating.

LOL...that's a challenge many of us face!

Just now, Pooleman said:

I thought that their ability to do 2 actions every time would give me an evade and the ability to arc dodge every turn. And having wingman on each would allow me to perform K-turns and such if needed to avoid any serious trouble.

At PS3, you won't be dodging many arcs because most ships will be moving after you and you won't know where those arcs are yet.  I would argue if an A-Wing needs to get out of trouble, they'll be doing stuff like a 2-hard or a 5-forward and just get out of dodge, both of which are green and clear their own stress.  

I could see those A-Wings running interference for Rey and blocking, but at that point they might as well be PS1 Prototypes with Chardaan Refit, which are arguably the best blockers in the game and can stuff make use of Swarm Leader on Rey.

Just now, gennataos said:

LOL...that's a challenge many of us face!

At PS3, you won't be dodging many arcs because most ships will be moving after you and you won't know where those arcs are yet.  I would argue if an A-Wing needs to get out of trouble, they'll be doing stuff like a 2-hard or a 5-forward and just get out of dodge, both of which are green and clear their own stress.  

I could see those A-Wings running interference for Rey and blocking, but at that point they might as well be PS1 Prototypes with Chardaan Refit, which are arguably the best blockers in the game and can stuff make use of Swarm Leader on Rey.

That's good input. Thank you.

So the issue the A's will have is pushing damage. And they won't be annoying enough to draw attention away from Rey. Below are to similar list I have ran with some success, and like to go back to on casual nights. Both options increase consistent damage. 

Falcon/A-Wings- (100)

Green Squadron Pilot (24) - A-Wing - Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Hull Upgrade (3), Wired (1)

Green Squadron Pilot (24) - A-Wing - Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Hull Upgrade (3), Wired (1)

•Chewbacca (52) - YT-1300 - Expertise (4), Gunner (5), •Millennium Falcon (1)

Falcon/A-Wings (100)

Green Squadron Pilot (23) - A-Wing - Snap Shot (2), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Juke (2)

Green Squadron Pilot (23) - A-Wing - Push The Limit (3), Chardaan Refit (-2), A-Wing Test Pilot (0), Autothrusters (2), Wired (1)

•Chewbacca (54) - YT-1300 - Predator (3), Gunner (5), •C-3PO (3), •Millennium Falcon (1)

The second one you use the PTL A to set up blocks right in front of the snap A as much as possible. Snap A, if used well will draw some attention. And Chewie is a tank.

The first one the A's main job is to block and range one harrass targets while Chewie tearrs through them.

Rey without Finn seems wrong to me.  They just have such good in-arc firepower that I hate to give it up.  51 points would get Rey with Finn and the HoR title.  Maybe add Chopper for a Focus when you S-Loop into a juicy 5-dice attack.  That seems like a good baseline.  The best ways to finish it out would be VI, upgrading Chopper to Kanan Jarrus, or keeping that Swarm Leader.  It would be fun to throw some 6 and 7 dice attacks.  However the Green Squadron Pilots are equipped, they'll have Chardaan Refit, AWTP, and Autothrusters. 

So here would be my two builds:

Rey (Swarm Leader, Finn, Chopper, HoR Title) {54} + 2x GSP (Wired, PTL) {23 x2} [100 total]

or

Rey (VI, Finn, Kanan, HoR title) {55} + 2x GSP (Snap Shot, Crack Shot) {22 x2} [99 total]