Sign in to follow this  
Cuthawolf

What Expansion pack is essential for Imps?

I would do

ISD and Gladiator are first ships you want. They will be your primary damage dealers ship wise  

Follow up with squadron packs for each. (Squad 2 is pretty good compared to Rebels version.)

After that you want a Gozanti for support and Quasar for upgrades to buff your Victory and a good squad pusher. 

Raider for a good picket ship against squadrons and another Gozanti. 

That is what I recommend starting out. Your gonna want to pick up the Victory for cards eventually as well. 

Imperial Star Destroyer and Gladiator are a real good pair. Both are dice powerhouses and the gladiator is maneuverable enough to deal with those pesky nimble rebels. The ISD is a horrifying ship to face head on and is a good psychological weapon against other ships, although neutered by squadrons if you don't have any to counter the enemy squadrons. 

On September 17, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Cuthawolf said:

I just find no matter what role I use it in, it attracts fire like nothing else because it's so easy to kill. Like the **** thing is so dense it sucks every passing attack into its stupid face. (Well, stupid sides)

I don't think the people flying it are garbage ( I'm the only one I've seen fly it in person) but I will say it definitely feels too expensive for the amount it costs more than a CR90 and it has serious drawbacks as far as mobility, cost and surviability.

Two squadron pack Is are a must. They provide the basic unit types. Squadron Pack II for Imperials is full more of specialized ships that are great but not necessary for you to get now, however all of the ships in I are must haves and will be your staple squadrons you always use.

Eventually you'll want to get CC and get some of those unique aces that are super good such as Valen Rudor, Tie Ace, and Ciena Ree, Interceptor Ace. 

11 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I don't think the people flying it are garbage ( I'm the only one I've seen fly it in person) but I will say it definitely feels too expensive for the amount it costs more than a CR90 and it has serious drawbacks as far as mobility, cost and surviability.

Yeah, the Neb is a difficult ship to fly.  It's weaknesses are HUGE and obvious.  It's only good from 1 arc at long range, except with it's limited mobility, it's hard to keep that arc on target.  It is not a generalist ship like the rest of the rebel ships.

If you give it a role in your fleet that matches it's capabilities, it can be a very potent piece for it's price.  If you try to run it like your other rebel ships it will blow up very fast and feel like dead weight.

I never expect anything out of my neb. Not in the sense that i think it will always get 1 shotted. But more in the sense that i have chosen it for a vary particular role that only needs to be there for at best 1 round, and everything after that, BONUS. Weather I need to push some fighters up into the fight,  or need to give sheild to my big hitters, or just be that distraction/blocker i need. I get that its a little overpriced, but its one of the few reb ships that really lets you have some strong non direct combat based support, some not too bad combat capabilities, with not a horrible price.

Lancer Frigate, Assault Gunboat, and the Arkhammer (with Phase III Dark Trooper boarding party).

At the same time, now that FFG has established a precedence for re-releasing old ships:

Imperial Star Destroyer Ultimatum (or the Vigilance) name card, in light of the fact that we probably won't see the Ravager make it into Armada and Rae Sloane needs fixing.

Ultimatum should provide synergy with Rae Sloane's squadron ability (since there is no chance of getting a re-issue of her), boosting the attack of the ISD when attacking capital ships also under attack by squadrons.  Thus Rae's squadrons would reduce the enemy's ability to fight, and her ISD would shred them to pieces.  We would also then need Adea Rite as a crew card to also build on Sloane and the Ultimatum's abilities such as: "When target enemy ship would be forced to exhaust one or more defense tokens as the result of an attack, and those defense tokens have already been exhausted, discard those tokens instead."

Edited by ElizLestrad

1 hour ago, ElizLestrad said:

Lancer Frigate, Assault Gunboat, and the Arkhammer (with Phase III Dark Trooper boarding party).

At the same time, now that FFG has established a precedence for re-releasing old ships:

Imperial Star Destroyer Ultimatum (or the Vigilance) name card, in light of the fact that we probably won't see the Ravager make it into Armada and Rae Sloane needs fixing.

Sooo... I'm pretty sure he was asking what extant expansions he should buy.

Also:  what's wrong with Sloane?  I was under the impression that she's amazing.

1 hour ago, ElizLestrad said:

Ultimatum should provide synergy with Rae Sloane's squadron ability (since there is no chance of getting a re-issue of her), boosting the attack of the ISD when attacking capital ships also under attack by squadrons.

Avenger already synergizes famously with Sloane's squadrons.  I mean, I'm not opposed to more options in the future, but... an ISD title that synergizes with Sloane is one place where we already have a great option.

Don't buy Demolisher right away. I run into too many Imperial fleets that can win some games, but essentially rely on Demolisher punching significantly above its weight to do so. It's a crutch for quite a few Imperial tournament fleets, much less for players that are new or have limited ships. 

Buy a quasar, or buy an ISD. Definitely take the time to get squad packs. 

On 9/18/2017 at 11:02 PM, buckero0 said:

Oh I don't actually think people flying it are bad, it was just an addition for the purpose of the joke. I have a lot of respect for people that can fly the ship well, I have just come to hate it.

On 9/26/2017 at 5:56 PM, Cuthawolf said:

Oh I don't actually think people flying it are bad, it was just an addition for the purpose of the joke. I have a lot of respect for people that can fly the ship well, I have just come to hate it.

Yes, let the hate flow through you! 

In all seriousness i get why you dont like the neb. Its such an unforgiving ship. On top of that its one of you two reb starting ships so many players have bad memories getting their nebs blown away. It has way too steep of a learing curve to be one of the two starting ships. The **** thing punishes new playeres mercilessly for their (heres the shocker) inexpierence, while the other ships have a far easier learning curve.

I still love the Nebulon B, mainly because im a glutton for punishment.

I'm actually going to go down with the Gozanti on this one, as a must have for almost any fleet you will fly. Two of them actually. I recently jumped into the imperial faction after playing strictly Rebels since release and for both their upgrades in the box, and their usefulness even naked in the table I don't think you can go wrong with them. If nothing else you'll pick up Bomber command centers for your rebels. Plus it gets you two activations for like, $30? Not a bad deal

If your interested, this is a fleet I've been flying since jumping faction and having a lot of fun and success with. This is like version 2.3 and I'm still trying to figure how to build the Vic's turbolaser slot out, feel free to play with it.

Flytrap (394/400)
================
Interdictor Suppression Refit (90 + 30)
    + Admiral Konstantine (23)
    + Disposable Capacitors (3)
    + G7-X Grav Well Projector (2)
    + Grav Shift Reroute (2)
Victory II-class Star Destroyer (85 + 13)
    + Leading Shots (4)
    + Heavy Turbolaser Turrets (6)
Victory II-class Star Destroyer (85 + 13)
    + Leading Shots (4)
    + Heavy Turbolaser Turrets (6)
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23)
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23)
4 x Tie Fighter Squadron (8)
Station Assault
Contested Outpost
Navigational Hazards

ISD is always a solid start. Combined with what you already have (which it looks like you're on a good start as it is), the ISD would get you to a 400 point build very easily.......plus, IT'S THE FREAKING ISD! Before I even had a Core Set, I had the ISD.

The Squadron packs are also good as well. 

With the Imp ships you already have plus the various upgrades from other ships, you're sitting really good as it is, just the ISD would definitely put you up over the top.