shotbyscott

3d printable scenery

39 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ralgon said:

how much would we need to scale the tantooine  xwing gear mate?

I have some of those in my print queue. Iirc I had to scale them up quite a bit as most were only going to be around 20mm tall for the buildings. 

31 minutes ago, Patteous said:

I have some of those in my print queue. Iirc I had to scale them up quite a bit as most were only going to be around 20mm tall for the buildings. 

yeah, xwing is a 1/270 vs legion at around 1/48.

As shotbyscot has the doors correctly scaled now he should have approximates to just scale that gear up by

Edited by Ralgon

12 hours ago, Ralgon said:

how much would we need to scale the tantooine  xwing gear mate?

unfortunately to much. you are better of building some foam board stuff and adding the printable extras. will be a lot cheaper that was as well 

I am new to looking at all this printable 3d stuff, looked on Thingiverse, theres a Legion endor Bunker.  Did the thing where you can print locally and it was coming up at hundreds of Euros.

50 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

I am new to looking at all this printable 3d stuff, looked on Thingiverse, theres a Legion endor Bunker.  Did the thing where you can print locally and it was coming up at hundreds of Euros.

Check your detail settings. The finer the detail the longer it will take and the more expensive it will be. 

Or invest in yourself and learn a rewarding new skill in the form of crafting and building your own bunker. It's not as difficult as one might think.

I like 3D printing, but I'd use it for fiddly things like moisture vaporators, computer terminals, door controls, and things like that, personally.

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

Or invest in yourself and learn a rewarding new skill in the form of crafting and building your own bunker. It's not as difficult as one might think.

I like 3D printing, but I'd use it for fiddly things like moisture vaporators, computer terminals, door controls, and things like that, personally.

If you own the printer and know how it works, you can load a file, hit print and come home to a finished product.  If you want a half dozen bunkers, just do that every morning for a week.  For someone with limited time, being able to hit print and walk away is a godsend. 

You are right, though.  Building your own bunker by hand isn't hard.  It just takes too much time for me.

Force Majeure likes this

13 hours ago, KrisWall said:

If you own the printer and know how it works, you can load a file, hit print and come home to a finished product.  If you want a half dozen bunkers, just do that every morning for a week.  For someone with limited time, being able to hit print and walk away is a godsend. 

You are right, though.  Building your own bunker by hand isn't hard.  It just takes too much time for me.

I do intend to attempt my own bunker, like you though its the time involved.  I already spend too much time on my own little hobbies :D

58 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Imperial Computer

Has anyone made the half-moon shaped standing computer consoles found in imperial installations?

I haven't seen one, but that might not be a bad little evening project to design. 

On 18-9-2017 at 4:11 PM, VAYASAN said:

I designed one, too, to be printed in individual parts. I charge €25 for it. Send me a private message if you're interested.

endor-bunker-klein.jpg

Edited by TobyW
shotbyscott, solaria and cikeo like this

1 hour ago, shotbyscott said:

i have updated the download files and there are a lot more printable files in there 

Yesssssssssss!

*runs off to d/l teh update*

*see the tree stump*

Squeeeeeee!

3 hours ago, shotbyscott said:

i have updated the download files and there are a lot more printable files in there 

Super excited about this.  I've printed a few of your things.

Has anyone had any luck printing the Shield Generator?  When I throw it into my slicer, it shows as damaged.  I'm not good enough to know why.  I'm using the slicer that came with my Prusa i3 Mk2S.

9 hours ago, KrisWall said:

Super excited about this.  I've printed a few of your things.

Has anyone had any luck printing the Shield Generator?  When I throw it into my slicer, it shows as damaged.  I'm not good enough to know why.  I'm using the slicer that came with my Prusa i3 Mk2S.

Haven't tried printing it yet but cura 2.6.2 had no issues with the slice