Emilius

Assault on Dol Guldur - Fellowship Event Kits!

Say what you will about their lack of communication and super sparse news updates/articles, but hot **** do they deliver on their art choices for playmats.   Yes it's hard to beat Magali, but from what I can see of this card, it's pretty spectacular as well.  but I too am most excited for that playmat!

When it says only available in 2017 at *etc* does it mean it will be widely available other places in 2018..... or ....... that it is only available in 2017 and only at those places? ?

Concerned

Edited by alexbobspoons

Best news today! The playmat is gorgeous and Galadriel full art will see so much play in my table <3 

The best part of it? My partner looked at the playmat and said "I want that!" So I'll have the chance to play more with her :D

2 hours ago, alexbobspoons said:

When it says only available in 2017 at *etc* does it mean it will be widely available other places in 2018..... or ....... that it is only available in 2017 and only at those places? ?

Concerned

The alt art card and playmat are exclusive to the Fellowship event, but the quest will be available as a Print on Demand quest later I'm sure. That's what they have done for every quest up til now, no reason to change it this year. :)

10 hours ago, Authraw said:

The alt art card and playmat are exclusive to the Fellowship event, but the quest will be available as a Print on Demand quest later I'm sure. That's what they have done for every quest up til now, no reason to change it this year. :)

I did think that, but found it curious with the wording :) Past couple of times I think they had specifically mentioned "available later on" type statements (I think)

20 hours ago, alexbobspoons said:

Concerned

Don't worry. I'm sure they'll be widely available on eBay at very reasonable prices...

/sarcasm

Nope... those alternate art cards don't do it for me : the text is too small, icons are all over the place, and you play one alt. art hero with regular art heroes, it looks like a card from another game. It's a matter of taste...

19 minutes ago, Lecitadin said:

Nope... those alternate art cards don't do it for me : the text is too small, icons are all over the place, and you play one alt. art hero with regular art heroes, it looks like a card from another game. It's a matter of taste...

And the playmat?

16 hours ago, Lecitadin said:

One of this problem can be corrected by having all the hero in alternate art :p.

I stole from you the word playmap ^^

1 hour ago, beregrew said:

How much money does the fellowship stuff usually go for? Never been to one of these events before and all that stuff looks great!

As far as I remember it was around 25 euro in my area. It could give you an idea ;).

Reached out to a local store, but they haven't run LOTR LCG in the past and don't seem interested. I might try one other store but if that's a no-go, I might have to stalk eBay for a reasonable price. 

Hopefully with three mats per kit, the price won't be too bad. Weren't previous kits only one mat per? 

2 hours ago, Hawkman2000 said:

Reached out to a local store, but they haven't run LOTR LCG in the past and don't seem interested. I might try one other store but if that's a no-go, I might have to stalk eBay for a reasonable price. 

Hopefully with three mats per kit, the price won't be too bad. Weren't previous kits only one mat per? 

Before 2016, kits were 4 per I believe.