Sign in to follow this  
EAuyang

Originally Trilogy Tourney

I'm debating 2 lists for this tourney, a scum and an imperial (why not rebels, because I'm sure most other players will play some Biggs/Dash/Rey whatever list and that'd be too boring).

Scum List:

Firespray (Eamonn) + Andrasta, Cad Bane, Cluster Mines, Bomblet Gen, Cruise Missiles, Guidance Chips

2x Syndicate Thug Y-wings with TLT/R4 Agromech

Imperial List:

Omicron Group Lambda + Palp and Collision Detector

Mauler Mithel + Predator

Scourge + Predator

Youngster + Expert Handling

Wamp

Thoughts on one vs the other are appreciated!

Id go with the scum list for sure, though the imp one you have there looks more fun. But honestly if im flying OT only......im flying this :)

Darth Vader — TIE Advanced 29
Veteran Instincts 1
Cruise Missiles 3
Advanced Targeting Computer 1
Engine Upgrade 4
TIE/x1 0
Ship Total: 38

Boba Fett — Firespray-31 39
Expertise 4
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Rebel Captive 3
Bomblet Generator 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Andrasta
Edited by Boom Owl

19 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:
Darth Vader — TIE Advanced 29
Veteran Instincts 1
Cruise Missiles 3
Advanced Targeting Computer 1
Engine Upgrade 4
TIE/x1 0
Ship Total: 38

Boba Fett — Firespray-31 39
Expertise 4
Heavy Laser Cannon 7
Rebel Captive 3
Bomblet Generator 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Andrasta

I'm probably playing Navigator and VI on Boba. Then Intensity on Vader. I'd end up with-

Boba Fett- 50

VI, Andrasta, Bomblet, Navigator, Engine

Darth Vader- 36

Intensity, x1, Engine, Adv Targeting Comp

Academy Pilot- 12

I tried the scum list against a Paratani list.  It did decently.  I decided to switch out the Cruise missiles in favor of a proximity mine.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

Per the tourney director, as long as the ship type showed up, any pilots, upgrades, etc. are legal.  Apparently the YT2400 showed up in ANH: Special Edition so Dash is legal?  Seems like a big stretch to me and I'm anticipating a bunch of Biggs/Dash/Rey whatever lists tomorrow.  Hence, gonna drop some bombs on some tight formation squads and see how it goes!  The other that I'm anticipating is some sort of Lambda/Palp + ? imperial squads.  I doubt anyone else will play scum as the only 2 legal ships per our rules is the Firespray and Y-wings.

12 hours ago, EAuyang said:

Per the tourney director, as long as the ship type showed up, any pilots, upgrades, etc. are legal.  Apparently the YT2400 showed up in ANH: Special Edition so Dash is legal?  Seems like a big stretch to me and I'm anticipating a bunch of Biggs/Dash/Rey whatever lists tomorrow.  Hence, gonna drop some bombs on some tight formation squads and see how it goes!  The other that I'm anticipating is some sort of Lambda/Palp + ? imperial squads.  I doubt anyone else will play scum as the only 2 legal ships per our rules is the Firespray and Y-wings.

There are a few alternate rule sets for OT tournaments. The one I run was created by Grish of Docking Bay 416. No scum, no special editions, yes to any pilots. Definitely check the rules posting closely! Dash would be tough against many of the remaining ships. Believe it or not though, the Falcon isn't super populous. Crackswarms demolish the Falcon rather quickly. 

I was surprised by the lack of Palp at the one I flew at. I may have been the only person to take him and I didn't fly a classic Palp aces list. I feel he would be very powerful in this structure.

Expect a lot of random fun lists. Expect crackswarms of TIE fighters. Expect Rey and Chewie in the Falcons. Expect Biggs.

I'm prepping for an Original Trilogy Tourney myself! Our rules are; seen in the Original-Original Trilogy and no TLT. Bring both a Rebel and an Imperial list so its always Imps vs Rebels. 

I guess Rey in the falcon is legal? But probably not "in the spirit" as much as I love her flying the Falcon. I expect a lot of what LagJanson mentioned. 

I want to fly T-65's for the Rebels. Debating between Luke or Wedge and 3 Rookies or Biggs an Ion Stressbot Y-Wing and two Red Squadron Pilots. I imagine the Stressbot and Biggs would be better but the idea of 4 X-Wings sounds fun. I haven't flown Luke in a long time and never flown Wedge so I hope to try each of them before the tourney.

For the Imps I am thinking Crack Swarm! Either the regular full-on 7 ship Howlrunner Crack Swarm or a 4 Tie mini Howlrunner Crack Swarm and Soontir Fel. I've been thinking about trying a Tie Bomber which I own and have never flown but I'm not as experienced with Imp lists.

For your lists I love the crazy bomb tricks with Eamon but maybe try Boba Fett for more OT theme-sauce?

If I had a Lambda Shuttle and a Tie Advanced (shameful omissions from my humble collection) I'd probably fly Palp Aces cause I never flew it in it's hey-day.