Jump to content
jrmypdgr

jrmy terrain log

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jrmypdgr said:

Been working on this so thought I'd share. Not overly screen accurate. Based more on the demo table from gen con with a few tweaks. Bit of a first timer at this sort of thing but I'm pretty excited about the game!

IMG_6599.JPG

Nice work. I'm constantly impressed by people's ability to create models and terrain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bhunter46 said:

Looks great so far! I'm going to have to try to make one of these at some point as well. I'm planing to put it off until all my trees and forest stuff are done first. Not sure how I'm going to do it. ?

If you've got access to a 3d printer there's a file on thingiverse that's the entire bunker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patteous said:

If you've got access to a 3d printer there's a file on thingiverse that's the entire bunker. 

How had I not seen this yet?! That's awesome.

Now I'll probably spend the rest of the afternoon there instead of being productive in case I missed anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jrmypdgr said:

Been working on this so thought I'd share. Not overly screen accurate. Based more on the demo table from gen con with a few tweaks. Bit of a first timer at this sort of thing but I'm pretty excited about the game!

IMG_6599.JPG

Wow man this is awesome! Can you bring us some kind of tutorial? What materials and scheme? I want to build two of these but i don't know how can start.

Nice work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, naitsirk said:

Wow man this is awesome! Can you bring us some kind of tutorial? What materials and scheme? I want to build two of these but i don't know how can start.

Nice work

Looks like the base is two solid pieces with details being small cut out sheets of material/bars glued on, with roof being additional cut sheets of styrofoam.

But yeah, well done overall, I can break down construction, but I have no skill for doing the detail myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks :)

Materials were 600gsm card for the walls and base. It's going to be imbedded in a cliff on a game board eventually so I only have the front half of the bunker. The wall details are cut from balsa wood using templates. The door is card, more balsa wood and some more card for the finer detail (using templates). Roof is just a sheet of styrofoam then some more card and balsa wood haha. The circle things on top were googly eyes that I cut the backs off to remove the bits then just glued on.

I do have templates for everything if anyone wants them. I could upload them and post a link. Let me know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Why not out of interest?

 

Spray paint typically melts foam, so if you are using styrofoam or insulation in your terrain, it is generally a bad idea.  Some sprays, like Krylon H20, are supposed to be safe, but I would test it on a scrap piece before ruining the terrain that you have created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Why not out of interest?

 

 

8 hours ago, Farsox said:

Spray paint typically melts foam, so if you are using styrofoam or insulation in your terrain, it is generally a bad idea.  Some sprays, like Krylon H20, are supposed to be safe, but I would test it on a scrap piece before ruining the terrain that you have created.

 

3 hours ago, Lord Ashram said:

As Far said, spray paints tend to melt foam.  Sucks, because they are the easiest way to undercoat.

Just to add further clarification - it's aerosol cans that are the problem. And spirit-based paints. 

If you have an air-powered spray gun and acrylic primer it'll be fine. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2017 at 6:52 AM, jrmypdgr said:

Sorry for the delay but here are the templates! I can put the base template up as well but I've seen a few that don't flare out as much as mine so thought I'd leave the angles up to you guys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdzhe4i0nd0f3as/EndorBunker.pdf?dl=0

I just taped them onto the balsa wood/card and cut them out :) 

 

Thanks for these i will be using them at the weekend to build me some bunkers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mep said:

Yeah, if you are into miniature games, you're going to be buying an airbrush for some many different things.

Despite painting LOTS of WW2, SWIA, Descent and others,I have never gone the extra mile and got an airbrush...seems like lots of hassle cleaning up and maintaining it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Despite painting LOTS of WW2, SWIA, Descent and others,I have never gone the extra mile and got an airbrush...seems like lots of hassle cleaning up and maintaining it....

I have to say, I'm with you on airbrushes. I bought a relatively cheap one, along with a compressor, which was less cheap... I used it to paint my nebulae on an X-Wing/Armada gaming board, but thinning down the paints, doing test sprays to make sure I had the consistency correct, and cleaning it all up afterwards, never felt like a net gain in time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...