Jump to content
Refugeanoth

TIE Poacher pilot card, upgrades and dial for a truly evil HOTAC Nemesis ship to challenge Irregular Squadron!

Recommended Posts

The TIE Poacher was a derivative of the TIE Punisher platform that was designed specifically for use by Imperial Special Operators. These vessels were customized to suit the specific needs of the individual operator from mission to mission, and thus seldom shared exactly the same weapon loadout or equipment from ship to ship, but all Poachers were equipped with swing-wing panels equipped with micro-thrusters and were coated in a scan-scrambling black nanopaint that aided in keeping the vessels usually nefarious activities well-hidden. A pair of heavy weapon hard points mounted on the outside of the wing panels could be fitted with anything from rocket pods, to mass-driver cannons to light turbolaser weaponry and those weapons, coupled with a quad laser cannon beneath the cockpit and the standard modular weapon pods and bomb chutes flanking the cockpit made the Poacher one of the deadliest and most well armed starfighters in the galaxy.

 

a6HwR42.png

 

VwZjgI2.png

4QdTgtR.png

fweZEr3.png

3lO8uPS.png

RIE0JsH.png

Ee1QNii.png

8o2z8AS.png

The Manticore and his Switchblade will be hitting my table this sunday flown by our first Will of the Dark Side enemy player! Super stoked to have a pervasive pvp element active within our normal hotac campaign and my players are crazy hyped to be facing a nasty ship like this! Will post updates here as the Poacher gets playtested.

 

Edited by Refugeanoth
Changed title to reflect ship being hotac only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

When you read the first part and think this could have potential, then you read the main body and you think, what were they thinking....

Making something expensive because it's OP, does not mean it's balanced. There's too much to say what's wrong with this entire design.

This is designed for high level hotac play as an elite boss-level enemy, and will only ever appear as a single ship vs many. It would never be fielded against standard x-wing ships!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Refugeanoth said:

This is designed for high level hotac play as an elite boss-level enemy, and will only ever appear as a single ship vs many. It would never be fielded against standard x-wing ships!

As I have never played HOTAC, and it isn't in the title one can assume that it's meant for regular play. Apologies for saying what I said then, but please don't assume people know what you're talking about. There are some weird and wonderful ideas put on the forum, I thought this was another to add to the pile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

As I have never played HOTAC, and it isn't in the title one can assume that it's meant for regular play. Apologies for saying what I said then, but please don't assume people know what you're talking about. There are some weird and wonderful ideas put on the forum, I thought this was another to add to the pile.

Changed the title to reflect it being hotac only! And no need to apologize! This and most everything I make for my campaign is off-the-wall to say the least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Refugeanoth said:

 

a6HwR42.png

 

Nice creativity, we applaud the creative!

5 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

When you read the first part and think this could have potential, then you read the main body and you think, what were they thinking....Making something expensive because it's OP, does not mean it's balanced. There's too much to say what's wrong with this entire design.

This is true on so many levels.....although, if it were Scum, one would argue it wouldn't be expensive (because it would be priced at 35 squad points) and although it's OP it certainly would be considered unbalanced, because? Well, it's Scum ?

5 hours ago, Refugeanoth said:

This is designed for high level hotac play as an elite boss-level enemy, and will only ever appear as a single ship vs many. It would never be fielded against standard x-wing ships!

Unless it was Scum.....or if that Miranda chick flew it, then it could be fielded against standard x-wing ships, haha!

Let's all congratulate the creativity and say a hearty 'Cheers to a salty Thursday!'

Edited by clanofwolves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clanofwolves said:

Nice creativity, we applaud the creative!

This is true on so many levels.....although, if it were Scum, one could argue it wouldn't be expensive although it's OP, and it's certainly not balanced.

Unless it was Scum.....or if that Miranda chick flew it, then it could be fielded against standard x-wing ships, haha!

Let's all congratulate the creativity and say a hearty 'Cheers to a salty Thursday!'

I can't imagine trying to fight this thing with a standard squadron of ships. -shudders-

Thanks dude!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I would love to see some variants to the Punisher in the game, plus that Chiss Clawcraft looks great, I have loved it for ages. Maybe it can be the Imperials answer to the bomb meta....

You and me both. I actually really dig the punisher from a design standpoint and it certainly feels imperial. Just add MORE weapons and make it BIGGER! :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I would love to see some variants to the Punisher in the game, plus that Chiss Clawcraft looks great, I have loved it for ages. Maybe it can be the Imperials answer to the bomb meta....

I love the punisher. I wish we could get some kind of double tap ability for it. I also would like to see an ornance flatrate thing for the punisher and the bomber. I am not too much into this Chiss stuff, but anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Astech said:

I'm concerned about the AGI1 though - it just screams for ion and stress to shut it down.

Indeed. Had to level it out somehow. Already made a high agility monster ship for them to face and it was too powerful for them to bring down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/09/2017 at 11:46 PM, Refugeanoth said:

Indeed. Had to level it out somehow. Already made a high agility monster ship for them to face and it was too powerful for them to bring down. 

Good idea. I hated the Phantoms in HotAC with a passion.

However, if I'm reading the cards right, it seems like a single ion cannon turret Y-wing could sit next to the Poacher and plink away until it's dead. I'd give it some kind of resistance to that, like:

Power Flux Stabiliser (Too many points)
When you would receive an ion token, instead assign one stress token to your ship.

That way, it stays agile while maintaining a manageable threat level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 9:06 PM, Astech said:

Good idea. I hated the Phantoms in HotAC with a passion.

However, if I'm reading the cards right, it seems like a single ion cannon turret Y-wing could sit next to the Poacher and plink away until it's dead. I'd give it some kind of resistance to that, like:

Power Flux Stabiliser (Too many points)
When you would receive an ion token, instead assign one stress token to your ship.

That way, it stays agile while maintaining a manageable threat level.

I like that! I was thinking of making the ship large base possibly to mitigate the issue of it getting ionized, but I dig that as an option. Almost nobody in the squad currently uses an ion cannon, but I could definitely see one or two of them equipping it to deal with the Poacher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...