Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ywingscum

Warlord Thunderdome

42 posts in this topic

There should be a scenario for this. I think it should be like a super powerful Rune in the middle that's worth the majority of your victory points so people don't just ally up and crush one person, or one person doesn't sit back (I mean let's be real, I'm still gonna sit back with Aliana and dial in that late game damage) and wait for others to weaken themselves.

Would be cool thematically too, like there's too much terrain for the rest of the armies to advance on this ultra powerful artifact so the heroes have to enter and duke it out.

Budgernaut likes this

9 minutes ago, Wraithist said:

@Curlycross when you get the Uthuk, we need to run this battle on a 3x3 FFA with You as the Uthuk, your roomie as Daqan, me as Elves and Jackie as Undead. 

Each person gets both heroes and any available upgrades. Winner gets bragging rights 4eva.

Gladly I think Ravos and Kethra would definitely be the dominating force, Kethra sits back as Ravos runs in and Kethra attacks Ravos hurting all of you newbs. Kethra gets Unnatural Growths so both her and Ravos get damage shield, good bye all heroes with 2 armor. Kethra also gets range attack and Ravos has his initial morale test. I think I would have the best chances of winning.

Edited by Curlycross
In depth nerding
Budgernaut likes this

7 minutes ago, Wraithist said:

There should be a scenario for this. I think it should be like a super powerful Rune in the middle that's worth the majority of your victory points so people don't just ally up and crush one person, or one person doesn't sit back (I mean let's be real, I'm still gonna sit back with Aliana and dial in that late game damage) and wait for others to weaken themselves.

Would be cool thematically too, like there's too much terrain for the rest of the armies to advance on this ultra powerful artifact so the heroes have to enter and duke it out.

Aliana sits back she dies from Kethra's ability :P

Also, many people have talked about the free for all way. And it seems best bet is winner is whomever has second highest damage to other faction. Read forums about free for all someone explains it well...

Edited by Curlycross

Just now, Curlycross said:

Aliana sits back she dies from Kethra's ability :P

NUH UH

Her ability does flat 2 damage. Wouldn't want her near Maegan, but her ability can't hurt Aliana. Plus Aliana can't be targeted by ranged attacks either.

SIR

1 minute ago, Wraithist said:

NUH UH

Her ability does flat 2 damage. Wouldn't want her near Maegan, but her ability can't hurt Aliana. Plus Aliana can't be targeted by ranged attacks either.

SIR

Her other ability. I attack Ravos and do mortal wounds based on hit markers rolled to Ravos and all surrounding.

Just now, Curlycross said:

Her other ability. I attack Ravos and do mortal wounds based on hit markers rolled to Ravos and all surrounding.

Oh gross, I will stay further away than 2 then. Lol.

That is a brutal synergy for that hero-fight setup tho. I'll just have to count on staying far away from Ravos, and shoot him with Maegan while waiting for the right time to battlecat that lil Kethra hooker.

Just now, Wraithist said:

Oh gross, I will stay further away than 2 then. Lol.

That is a brutal synergy for that hero-fight setup tho. I'll just have to count on staying far away from Ravos, and shoot him with Maegan while waiting for the right time to battlecat that lil Kethra hooker.

And no one else thinks, hey lets focus the hero that can throttle late round? :P

Wraithist likes this

@Wraithist I made a thread about that recently. To me, the ideal multiplayer scenario would encourage lots of conflict, avoid unfair singling out, and keep scoring simple. If you end up playing a FFA game, let us know how it goes. Re-posting a couple of my ideas from that thread:

King of the Hill: Place an objective token in the dead center. After 8 rounds, whoever's unit is closest to the token wins.

Assassination: Each player chooses a commander by placing an objective token on one of their units. If the player on your right's commander is destroyed, you win.

Wraithist likes this

After reviewing all of the heroes' setup abilities, I think it would be most fair to ignore those abilities because the Uthuk Y'llan heroes are the only ones who could actually use their abilities in this format. Kari can't bring elf infantry because only heroes are allowed, and the same goes for Ankaur Maro. Lord Hawthorne has no units to rearrange. No units have tiered formations, so Ardus' ability is useless. There are no Leonx Riders for Alianna and no sorceresses for Maegan.

As such, I'd say no panic from Ravos and no Unnatural Growths from Kethra. 

Parakitor and Wraithist like this

15 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

After reviewing all of the heroes' setup abilities, I think it would be most fair to ignore those abilities because the Uthuk Y'llan heroes are the only ones who could actually use their abilities in this format. Kari can't bring elf infantry because only heroes are allowed, and the same goes for Ankaur Maro. Lord Hawthorne has no units to rearrange. No units have tiered formations, so Ardus' ability is useless. There are no Leonx Riders for Alianna and no sorceresses for Maegan.

As such, I'd say no panic from Ravos and no Unnatural Growths from Kethra. 

That's not fair. It's not the Uthuk's fault the other heroes are losers :P

Any of you voting that Ardus would win are not taking into consideration that his only ability relies on allies having a surge ability to benefit from.  Stand alone, he rolls 2 white dice, gets no rerolls, and has 3 armor and no special ability.  He's going to get crushed by any ranged hero (unless the battlefield is huge), he gets no auto wound like Maro, Ravos, and Alianna, he has no ranged attack so any heroes that do get a free hit on him before he engages.  Even if the heroes start engaged, have no upgrades, and have a super tiny battlefield so ranged heroes lose their advantage, Ardus still has the potential to miss attacks regularly due to lack of precise and nothing auto dialed in except 2 hits which don't regularly break armor except for the weak armor heroes. 

Ardus is a leader, not a warrior.

Click5 and Corto like this

For the team Thunderdome (2 heroes), do you think 100 points with upgrades is good, or is that too many points? I think you want enough points yo play with, but not so many that there are no tough choices.

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

For the team Thunderdome (2 heroes), do you think 100 points with upgrades is good, or is that too many points? I think you want enough points yo play with, but not so many that there are no tough choices.

I would say the most interesting/fair is to place the points somewhere in a range where you really can only have 2 total upgrades for both heroes so whether that's one has two or each have one. Having the point value somewhere in that range. Also it's kind of unfair, to have a point limit, because heroes like Ardus and Hawthorne have higher point values because of what they bring their armies. Ardus and Hawthorne's deployment abilities are factored into their points, but aren't added in this. So I would say instead of putting a point value, put an upgrade limit, whether that be number (2-4 total upgrades for both heroes) or that be a number (15 points of upgrades).

On 2017-09-21 at 5:36 PM, Wraithist said:

@Curlycross when you get the Uthuk, we need to run this battle on a 3x3 FFA with You as the Uthuk, your roomie as Daqan, me as Elves and Jackie as Undead. 

Each person gets both heroes and any available upgrades. Winner gets bragging rights 4eva.

Film that and have global bragging rights!

Wraithist and Curlycross like this