Sign in to follow this  
Mackaywarrior

Sabine+ bomblet generator

7 hours ago, Mackaywarrior said:

So she auto-damages from a never ending supply of bombs?

yikes

Yep, did this very thing last night to kill an untouched Fenn.  Buddy made an error when boosting and got within range 1 of the bomblet I had already dropped the previous round (rebel Nym) then rolled a hit and a crit.  The crit was a direct hit (2 damage) and then Sabine triggered for the 4th point of damage.  It was really sad for him since his Fenn hadn't even gotten a shot off yet since he was trying to flank me.

24 minutes ago, bgrelle said:

Yep, did this very thing last night to kill an untouched Fenn.  Buddy made an error when boosting and got within range 1 of the bomblet I had already dropped the previous round (rebel Nym) then rolled a hit and a crit.  The crit was a direct hit (2 damage) and then Sabine triggered for the 4th point of damage.  It was really sad for him since his Fenn hadn't even gotten a shot off yet since he was trying to flank me.

I get that this is unfortunate and all, but knowing there's a ship who likes poopin' bombs... why would you fly a jouster behind it?

Back to the OP's point though, it seems strong that Sabine can be used indefinitely - I can agree with that. In the cases where your opponent keeps rolling blanks and eyes on their bomb rolls, it's well worth the 2 point cost to ensure they're at least taking one point of damage with every bomb. Or, live the dream and roll 2 crits with an added damage every turn before combat. At a total of 5 points it's less than TLT (understandably better since crits stay), but far less consistent.

7 minutes ago, Juunon said:

I get that this is unfortunate and all, but knowing there's a ship who likes poopin' bombs... why would you fly a jouster behind it?

Back to the OP's point though, it seems strong that Sabine can be used indefinitely - I can agree with that. In the cases where your opponent keeps rolling blanks and eyes on their bomb rolls, it's well worth the 2 point cost to ensure they're at least taking one point of damage with every bomb. Or, live the dream and roll 2 crits with an added damage every turn before combat. At a total of 5 points it's less than TLT (understandably better since crits stay), but far less consistent.

I mean, that's what makes it a good combo. Even on a bad day it still makes up the 5 point investment 

2 hours ago, Juunon said:

He wasn't behind me, yet, was trying to come in from the side and got too close to a rock so he couldn't make the bank boost then didn't think about the fact that going straight with a boost would put him into range one of the bomb so boosted anyway.  He was also trying to stay away from my Autoblaster turret - Phantom docked - Ghost, so I don't really blame him for trying to go around the side.