BlackCadian

The dumbest tournament

Hey everyone!

I just got back from a 1 week hobby vacation where we also held a nice little X-Wing tournament in which I even came 3rd, flying BroBots for the first time and absolutely loving it. I'm not really a regular X-Wing player due to lacking time, but so far both of my clubs friendly tourneys have been a ton of fun even without much if any practice beforehand.

I'm now looking at scoring a similar ranking in our third tournament in December, but unlike the last there'll be heavy restrictions to lower the hurdle for new players/players with little experience (like me, I suppose):

2 unique pilots max.

2 upgrade cards of any kind max. (per ship)

Now I'm all for keeping this casual to not make it un-fun for our casual players getting curb stomped by Miranda/Dash or something like that, but this is rough. With me hating to pilot swarm lists with a passion I feel hard pressed to field anything decent at all. I've thought about this and here's what I came up with:

A: Gimped BroBots: B and C for the offense and defense, both with title and HLC. No Autos which sucks, but what can you do.

B: Meh RAC & Echo: RAC with Gunner and Predator or Palpatine, and Echo with ACD and ... ? FCS maybe? I favor Echo over Whisper because I find it super hard to turn around with Whisper without getting stressed. With Echo that shouldnt be an issue. I don't really see the point of the Dauntless title btw?

What do you think? I've got basically everything available thanks to a friend who'll borrow me what I dont have myself.

Thank you so much! (This forum is really cool, I've never not gotten a useful answer!)

Edited by BlackCadian

So two upgrades at all? Not two per ship? That sounds really boring honestly. I guess if pressed I'd say action economy upgrades would be ideal. Like maybe PtL Soontir and Carnor?

(99)

•Soontir Fel (30) - TIE Interceptor
Push The Limit (3)

•Carnor Jax (29) - TIE Interceptor
Push The Limit (3)

Patrol Leader (40) - VT-49 Decimator

Looks like he meant 2 per ship. So in my opinion the best 2 upgrade only ships are: (in no particular order, but I do lean a little Imp in my preference)

Ryad w/ PTL and x7

OL w/ juke and comms

OGP w/Palp and the upgrade of your choice 

Fel w/ PTL and AT

ANY T-70 with Droid of choice and either AT or IntAstro

Tie/sf with title and FCS or sensor jammer for longevity would be a strong point filler

If you like echo, I would rock VI and ACD 

41 minutes ago, wkf04a said:

So two upgrades at all? Not two per ship? That sounds really boring honestly. I guess if pressed I'd say action economy upgrades would be ideal. Like maybe PtL Soontir and Carnor?

(99)

•Soontir Fel (30) - TIE Interceptor
Push The Limit (3)

•Carnor Jax (29) - TIE Interceptor
Push The Limit (3)

Patrol Leader (40) - VT-49 Decimator

Oh sorry, yes I meant 2 upgrades per ship (edited the initial post now). These are still good suggestions! What would you change now?

13 minutes ago, JSwindy said:

Looks like he meant 2 per ship. So in my opinion the best 2 upgrade only ships are: (in no particular order, but I do lean a little Imp in my preference)

Ryad w/ PTL and x7

OL w/ juke and comms

OGP w/Palp and the upgrade of your choice 

Fel w/ PTL and AT

ANY T-70 with Droid of choice and either AT or IntAstro

Tie/sf with title and FCS or sensor jammer for longevity would be a strong point filler

If you like echo, I would rock VI and ACD 

This is a really helpful list, thanks! Got OL and Ryad already and grabbing Fel and/or Tie/sf wouldnt be expensive either (I'll try to borrow as little as I can).

No scum love anyone?

10 minutes ago, BlackCadian said:

No scum love anyone?

How about four Protectorates with fearlessness and title? Ready right out of the box! 

I still have yet to get one of these, even though it was the thing that interested me most in wave 9...

4 minutes ago, BlackCadian said:

I meant 2 upgrades per ship- What would you change now?

Wouldn't play the Patrol Leader. Would add Autothrusters to both Interceptors and then add Upsilon-Class with Weapons Engineer and Targeting Synchronizer. 

Not sure why I think this is brilliant, but against others with only 2 upgrades I expect fewer ordinance lists. One of my biggest fear besides big booms would be Rey w/ Finn and ??? (there could be enough points for some interesting wingman) and or other PWTs

The are only 2, always (99)

•"Omega Leader" (26) - TIE/FO Fighter - Juke (2), Comm Relay (3)

Omicron Group Pilot (29) - Lambda-Class Shuttle - Collision Detector (0), •Emperor Palpatine (8)

•Soontir Fel (32) - TIE Interceptor - Push The Limit (3), Autothrusters (2)

Academy Pilot (12) - TIE Fighter

Ryad might be a stronger choice in this, but you could point the Tie and Lambda right at the enemy, send the Tie in fast when timing is right to try and score the block and the shuttle can try and weaken things as it flies by, the Tie there to try and soak a lil early damage while hopefully Fel and OL are flanking outside of arcs working Rng3. Like most things I devise, it will likely go up in smoke, but I really miss Fel