hawk32

PS 9 Pilots

So now that imperials and rebels have added a new PS9 each (both of whom were already in the game), what are the odds of a ps9 scum Han Solo after the new Han movie?

Edited by hawk32

23 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Tough call. One on hand I'd say it's a good bet. On the other, Solo is such an iconic good guy that Disney and Lucas may poo poo the idea just to maintain his reputation untarnished. Much like the redo of the Greedo/Solo gunfight.

And yet a Han Solo movie is coming out where I have to imagine he'll fit firmly in the scum faction

10 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Yeah but he'll be "a good hearted" scum.

I am not sure why you say that.

Disney has shown it is much more willing to go into grey areas of good guys than George lucas ever did.

Also, I believe they fired the directors for it because they were making Han to good harted and goofy.

Disney most of all want to make a good product to keep their investment rolling, having a "good harted" han solo movie or movies is not going to do that for them. 

I have no idea where you are getting the idea he is going to be "a good hearted" guy from.

I'm sure after the Han Solo movie we will get a few interesting scum ships and characters. i personally have been wanting a scum Han Solo and Lando for some time.

33 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Yeah but he'll be "a good hearted" scum.

im not sure if i would call Han Solo "good hatred". he is a smuggler and a criminal. i might not go as far as calling him "villainy" but he is defiantly "scum"

The big question is, will they release a third Millennium Falcon or have the cards released like the slave I cards in the most wanted box 

15 minutes ago, Icelom said:

I am not sure why you say that.

Disney has shown it is much more willing to go into grey areas of good guys than George lucas ever did.

Also, I believe they fired the directors for it because they were making Han to good harted and goofy.

Disney most of all want to make a good product to keep their investment rolling, having a "good harted" han solo movie or movies is not going to do that for them. 

I have no idea where you are getting the idea he is going to be "a good hearted" guy from.

I don't think Han is going to be portrayed as a death dealing SOB. A selfish SOB is within the realm of possibility. I don't follow whose directing these films, I just enjoy watching them.

As to where I got the idea, they have about two hours to develop Solo's character. In that time, I'm assuming they will flesh him out so by end of the movie his character will be developed to where Episode 4 began. Also, he saved Chewie's life so he can't be that bad.

were episode 4 began.

1 minute ago, Unremarkable Cardboard Box said:

0%. 

Instead FFG is going to give us some other no name because they are to impatient to wait and need to make sure every faction always has exactly the same amount of PS9s. 

Image result for boo this man gif

15 minutes ago, Unremarkable Cardboard Box said:

0%. 

Instead FFG is going to give us some other no name because they are to impatient to wait and need to make sure every faction always has exactly the same amount of PS9s. 

Gar Saxon isn't just some no name. And in the realm of possibility.

3 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

Why would they release a 3rd way to buy a falcon?

I imagine Han and Chewie were flying something before 'winning' the Falcon from Lando.  Unless they were taking the Galactic bus.  

Still, what would a 'prequel' Falcon look like,  would it have a triangular radar dish, or even a small sensor dome like ISDs?  That's enough to justify a new expansion pack, right?

3 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

I imagine Han and Chewie were flying something before 'winning' the Falcon from Lando.  Unless they were taking the Galactic bus.  

Still, what would a 'prequel' Falcon look like,  would it have a triangular radar dish, or even a small sensor dome like ISDs?  That's enough to justify a new expansion pack, right?

Well if that tiny blip in the bottom of revenge of the sith is still the falcon than the dish hasn't changed much between then and a new hope.... ah who am I kidding, lando is gonna knock a dish off in this movie and the whole rotj scene is gonna end up some double sided ironic bad joke.

1 minute ago, FlyingAnchors said:

A) new pilots 

B) square sensor dish

C) give support to the new sub faction. (There's some F/O /resistance only players out there I'm sure.)

D) needed an excuse to reprint Poe at ps9 

E) money

A) could be in the new movie

B) new paint scheme already hinted at

C) evens out ps9 pilots

D) could pair with another ship

E) people will buy a scum ps9 pwt

If they do make a scum Han, they'll pack it in with a new ship with a scum card/dial for the YT-1300 like they did with the HWK and Forespray in Most Wanted. Only the classic X-wing and TIE Fighter are available in 3 packages (classic core, individual add one, and 2 epic ships).

Aside from making it scum, there's not much else they could add to the Falcon to make it unique unless they grant it a built in illicit (which it can get from Smuggler's compartment), a tech a lot (which is out of place for the era), or a system slot for some reason.

****, for all we know, Han will be flying a Jumpmaster for the first half of the movie before getting the Falcon!

-sits and waits for the angry mob to rip him apart-

15 minutes ago, hawk32 said:

A) could be in the new movie

B) new paint scheme already hinted at

C) evens out ps9 pilots

D) could pair with another ship

E) people will buy a scum ps9 pwt

Yeah dengar already sells pretty well given all his table time.

and I was pointing out why they did Hotr in the first place, not why they shouldn't do a scum falcon. the ps argument is pretty weak because they can pull any scum ship from the last Jedi and make its pilot ps 9 just as easily. 

and if any faction should be getting a ps 9 pwt, (because the game needs more obviously) it should be the imperials for the simple fact the don't have one.

I just don't see them printing another falcon unless Lucasfilm makes them. I do see them making a ship with lando and Han scum though. And maybe some cardboard in it for the falcon/outrider.

34 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Personally I think we'll get whatever ship the Lady Luck is going to end up as, and scum Han and lando pilots for it, instead of another falcon. It depends how much they changed their back stories...

Given that it's rumoured the Falcon would look quite different in the Han Solo movie (including different paint job) I'm pretty sure a Scum Falcon is quite likely.

I'm hoping for the Volt Cobra (Sana pilot, Solo pilot?) or Lady Luck (or both). But before Solo won the Falcon he surely had another ship so wiat and see! :) 

Don't get me wrong I love the Falcon but we don't need a third one, if it would come to scum just print some cards in a Most Wanted like expansion.