CEOWolf

The Actress (Lola)

We've got a player in our group who's running her primarily as a Seeker/Guardian/Rogue (in that order).  So far, she's held up pretty well - he takes the approach of playing for as many passive boosts as he can, and switching as necessary.  So far it seems like the role change hasn't been as limiting as it seemed like it might be.  He picks the role based (appropriately) on what he's doing, and the active cards he has out then support that.

I played her with a group through the core campaign, and she played well. The group consisted of Mark, Rex, and Lola. I struggled some in the first and second scenarios, but I think it was mostly just bad timing on weaknesses within the group. In scenario three, I hoovered up clue and smacked around some enemies. I was playing her as Survivor/Rogue/Seeker (in that order), running lots of static boosters. I also had some Guardian and Mystic cards that provide static bonuses (Beat Cop, True Grit, Alyssa Graham, & Holy Rosary), and when I could I would switch to those roles to help mitigate a weakness draw.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:13 AM, AsahinaMaebure said:

and when I could I would switch to those roles to help mitigate a weakness draw.

I like using Scrying from my batch of Mystic cards to know the next 3 cards.  If I'm concerned about being stuck in a role that has assets on the board, scrying will let you know where you need to sit for the next 3 turns (assuming no additional drawing).