Sir13scott

The FAQ is a lie

Honestly I am happy to see that they are not rushing into it this time! I'm still waiting that they would slow down with wave releases! 

Sometimes they could have waited for another quarter more and maybe they could have been better of from releasing some of the nerfs.

19 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

That's the problem with it.  Like the SIlencer, it looks pretty balanced in a meta where balanced ships are the exception, not the norm...

We MAY (hard may) have a broken combo if linked batteries provide cannon reroll to hlc

You don't get the SLAM cannon benefit, but if the Gunboat is 26 --> 24 --> 22 points for the ps 4, you're looking at 32 to 34 (assuming 2-4 cost on linked) point basically deadeye Lok revenents (slightly cheaper, higher ps, no chips but doesn't need focus to fire and gets reroll + focus instead) 

Add LRS for a proper alpha, or you could just use LRS HLC for the alpha and carry a cheapo cannon for title SLAM benefit 

Edited by ficklegreendice

17 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I very much doubt a very strong 4 die attack on a small base arc locked ship is broken.

If it were, Scyks with mindlink would be broken, and lol.

IDK, people were SCREAMING about the deadeye SCURRG despite it being nothing compared to ye ol deadeye scout. I don't remember them doing awfully competitively, though, so they have legs to stand on 

The scyk just isn't the same because ML is actually limiting on it (no turret, red 180s) and it can get oneshot like a punk. Also needs low ps TLs for full mods 

Gunboat, meanwhile, is completely self sufficient and has a lot more health. Only problem may be cost of linked and the boat's dial 

Edited by ficklegreendice

I am starting to think that the "leak" was intentional to gauge reaction to a larger audience and then fine tune it accordingly.

Additionally, as some others have mentioned, I am sure some pilots in the Guns for Hire pack are going to require some clarification so I would suspect it to include that information well at this late stage. 

5 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

I am starting to think that the "leak" was intentional to gauge reaction to a larger audience and then fine tune it accordingly.

Additionally, as some others have mentioned, I am sure some pilots in the Guns for Hire pack are going to require some clarification so I would suspect it to include that information well at this late stage. 

I want to believe on both counts.

5 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

How so?  Trying a restricted list would have been something like banning the jumpmaster from competitive events.  Not errataing some combos to not work on it anymore.

Restricted lists and banned lists are usually different things. A ban would certainly work and I'm personally at the point where I'd welcome it with open arms.  But a restricted list usually looks to break up problem combos by, well, restricting parts of it. In FFG's case, they put a number of cards on a list and say you can only use one.

The FAQs targeting Wolfpack and Dengaroo had this effect in a roundabout way, preventing people from taking Deadeye or Zuckuss. Both times the ship carried on just fine.

Unless you're willing to do something as extreme as a list that's almost two dozen cards long, there will be another broken list waiting around the corner. So the only remaining options are ban or hard errata.

We know the FAQ was legit. It was also likely not the final version. It getting leaked likely changed the release schedule or made them double down on doing more testing before releasing it. We have already seen the updated text on the Advanced Slam card that comes with the assault gunboat.

1 hour ago, emperorscanaries said:

We know the FAQ was legit. It was also likely not the final version. It getting leaked likely changed the release schedule or made them double down on doing more testing before releasing it. We have already seen the updated text on the Advanced Slam card that comes with the assault gunboat.

Yeah it's kind of a shame for the gunboat there really. We actually had a platform where Seismic Torpedoes might actually work, since you could have moved, slammed, Adv Slammed some asteroids, shoot your TB or Jammer. With it getting changed to just actions on your action bar that kind of limits it to TLing or Reloading.

Just now, Mward1984 said:

Yeah it's kind of a shame for the gunboat there really. We actually had a platform where Seismic Torpedoes might actually work, since you could have moved, slammed, Adv Slammed some asteroids, shoot your TB or Jammer. With it getting changed to just actions on your action bar that kind of limits it to TLing or Reloading.

Goddamnit you're right, without Seismic Torpedoes the gunboat is DOA.

6 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Goddamnit you're right, without Seismic Torpedoes the gunboat is DOA.

It was more that I thought I'd finally found a use for Seismic Torps. But no. One day Seismics might be useful, especially on a reloading platform. Maybe on a Kimogila paired up with Captain Joestero?

8 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

We MAY (hard may) have a broken combo if linked batteries provide cannon reroll to hlc

You don't get the SLAM cannon benefit, but if the Gunboat is 26 --> 24 --> 22 points for the ps 4, you're looking at 32 to 34 (assuming 2-4 cost on linked) point basically deadeye Lok revenents (slightly cheaper, higher ps, no chips but doesn't need focus to fire and gets reroll + focus instead) 

Add LRS for a proper alpha, or you could just use LRS HLC for the alpha and carry a cheapo cannon for title SLAM benefit 

It will be glorious.

It might even bring Imperials back.

2 hours ago, Stay On The Leader said:

Just look at how many tournament staple cards just got ejected from Netrunner's core set.  It's like they threw out the whole game!

Not gonna lie, I am freaking intrigued by the game post rotation. One player isn't happy, because he played Kate and Noise a lot. But getting rid of some of these power cards is great. Life is much more interesting when you don't have to worry about Scorched Earth or Account Siphon. Though I imagine Scorch will return. 

Imagine the game where you had to choose between Manaroo or Mind Link? Sabine or Extra Munitions? Or Extra Munitions or Guidance Chips? Biggs or Artoo? Veteran Instincts or Engine Upgrade? 

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

Not gonna lie, I am freaking intrigued by the game post rotation. One player isn't happy, because he played Kate and Noise a lot. But getting rid of some of these power cards is great. Life is much more interesting when you don't have to worry about Scorched Earth or Account Siphon. Though I imagine Scorch will return. 

Imagine the game where you had to choose between Manaroo or Mind Link? Sabine or Extra Munitions? Or Extra Munitions or Guidance Chips? Biggs or Artoo? Veteran Instincts or Engine Upgrade? 

professoraccent.gif