Through Strength, I gain

POWER

Through Power, I gain 

VICTORY

Through Victory, my chains are broken.

THE GUNBOAT

Shall set me free.

6 hours ago, GLEXOR said:

The GUNBOAT Code! These words have not been uttered in over a GUNBOAT!

6 hours ago, Hawkstrike said:

I an one with the GUNBOAT and the GUNBOAT is with me.

Oh my wonderful disciples, you have made GUNBOAT proud.  Soon GUNBOAT will be with us, forever and ever and we shall not want for SLAM or Reload, for GUNBOAT is swift and gives us plenty in our time of need.

2 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

NO ONE PUTS GUNBOAT IN THE CORNER!  NO ONE!

if GUNBOAT is 'OP' it's because everyone else just sucks.  Try to keep up Nym.

On its face I think the Gunboat looks to be pretty balanced, without knowing what half of its cards do. Just the XG-1 title and SLAM->ASLAM->Reload->Shooting anyway is a heck of a gimmick for VI Vynder.

9 minutes ago, Tsiegtiez said:

On its face I think the Gunboat looks to be pretty balanced, without knowing what half of its cards do. Just the XG-1 title and SLAM->ASLAM->Reload->Shooting anyway is a heck of a gimmick for VI Vynder.

That's the problem with it.  Like the SIlencer, it looks pretty balanced in a meta where balanced ships are the exception, not the norm...

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

That's the problem with it.  Like the SIlencer, it looks pretty balanced in a meta where balanced ships are the exception, not the norm...

I understand (somewhat) the balance issues in the competitive metagame right now, but I think a couple of careful excisions can restore a fair bit of balance and make a lot of ships and squads viable again. It's my hope this is what happens with a new FAQ, and my belief that this is why it's taking so long for them to iron it out. No need to release things that are intentionally unbalanced for the sake of making a new balance point.

Call me an optimist but I think things are gonna be fine after a little while. Doesn't help the here and now, of course.

22 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Maybe the FAQ is going to be released instead of the Gunboat and the first page is just going to be a picture of it with a giant red REDACTED stamp across it and a picture of Mickey looming behind, laughing manically.

I mean, isn't that wave due in April?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

TRIGGERED!!!!!

actually, 4th quarter usually translates to 2nd quarter next year.  Adding 2 to 3 quarters is a safe bet

Edited by GrimmyV

20 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Whenever they:

1. Get a new version

2. Play test a new version, with new testers (or at least some new testers, replacing the leakers)

The leak slowed down whatever was coming IMO.

or someone made up a big fat lie to get people going online, "the FAQ" is fake, and a bunch of people wont admit it because they're mad they got hoaxed

Edited by Vontoothskie
typo

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

We already know as well as we can that ASLAM is getting nerfed, you can see the nerfed wording in the Gunboat card fan.

So they will be putting out some fixes.  I just hope they're the right ones, done the right ay.

well obviously an FAQ will eventually come.  thing is it will bear little or no similarity to "the FAQ", because that was fake. slam, Jumps, and sabine will likely be altered in some form, maybe integrated astro will get a buff, but it certainly wont involve multiple unprecidented changes like the hoaxer claimed. 

5 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

or someone made up a big fat lie to get people going online, "the FAQ" is fake, and a bunch of people wont admit it because they're mad they got hoaxed

I'd be inclined to agree with you, however something is going on. As was noted, the advanced slam card in the Gunboat pack as pictured is not worded the same way as the one we know. Ergo, at least some element of the faq could be true, or ffg is just messing with us.

3 hours ago, Tsiegtiez said:

The issue with adv slam on the gunboat is you don't get chips for your reloading ordnance :(

10 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

The issue with adv slam on the gunboat is you don't get chips for your reloading ordnance :(

I know, the choices to be made! I'm probably only loading Cruisers or Harpoons at most if I'm running XG-1, so I'd rather have ASLAM to Focus or TL if I don't have to Reload, ideally also getting a shot with a TBeam or Flechette or Jammer or what-have-you.

It will depend on the wording of the OS-whatever title, but Chips or Scanners will be the way to go there for sure.

34 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

Based on the last FAQ errata and the rumored errata, it is pretty clear that the devs should've just went with a restricted list to nix the problematic combos. 

FFG have essentially tried that approach with the ship-that-shall-not-be-named in the last few FAQs, and it didn't work. The nuclear option is entirely justified in this case.

1 hour ago, DR4CO said:

FFG have essentially tried that approach with the ship-that-shall-not-be-named in the last few FAQs, and it didn't work. The nuclear option is entirely justified in this case.

How so?  Trying a restricted list would have been something like banning the jumpmaster from competitive events.  Not errataing some combos to not work on it anymore.