Sir13scott

The FAQ is a lie

3 minutes ago, Sir13scott said:

But for real though anyone else just scratching their heads on when it will be released? 

Whenever they:

1. Get a new version

2. Play test a new version, with new testers (or at least some new testers, replacing the leakers)

The leak slowed down whatever was coming IMO.

1 minute ago, LordBlades said:

Alternatively, maybe FFG finally decided to be reasonable and not release game-warping FAQs two weeks before major tournaments?

There is always another tournament though... and for those of us still playing casually every week, we need answered to interactions! 

9 minutes ago, Sir13scott said:

And we're still alive.  

But for real though anyone else just scratching their heads on when it will be released? 

My money is on them waiting for Guns for Hire to get released. It's not like Thweek isn't going to require a full page all to himself is it? Harpoons and Captain JoJo could probably do with some clarifications here and there as well.

Just now, Mward1984 said:

My money is on them waiting for Guns for Hire to get released. It's not like Thweek isn't going to require a full page all to himself is it? Harpoons and Captain JoJo could probably do with some clarifications here and there as well.

But come on I still have unanswered questions since the C-ROC was released

Whenever the Disney exec that has to approve it checks his email. 

Seeiously that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard but it makes so much sense. The stupid FAQ is treated as a lore document by Lucasfilm. A lore document that clarifies rules to a table top game and has no impact on the canon of the Star Wars universe. That's why we get frustratingly slow FAQs though. although that does make everything mentioned in it canon to some extent so... 

and timing wise it would be better to drop between nats and regionals.

14 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Whenever the Disney exec that has to approve it checks his email. 

Seeiously that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard but it makes so much sense. The stupid FAQ is treated as a lore document by Lucasfilm. A lore document that clarifies rules to a table top game and has no impact on the canon of the Star Wars universe. That's why we get frustratingly slow FAQs though. although that does make everything mentioned in it canon to some extent so... 

and timing wise it would be better to drop between nats and regionals.

Have we actually been TOLD that disney has to approve the FAQs?  I see everyone talk about it all over the forum, but have never actually seen the source for how we know that...

IMO they will do like the last big FAQ. They will wait after the holidays to release it. Think about it, do they want to upset their player base before the biggest sale period of the year. Especially when there is a movie and multiple products comming out just before that period. I think not.

How many players got their Raider (for Palp) during chismast 2016 (and how many are they selling now? ;-) How many Defender or Veteran pack were sold? I remember there was plenty available. I wouldnt be surprised if they reprint the K-Wing before releasing the FAQ...

With Nym and Lowrisk, It also doesnt look like they want to stop the powercreep (just want Imperials to be out of it). They really seem to have decided to not care about older products and combat OP material with more OP material. It's usually a big design mistake but it's the only logical explanation for what they are doing.

16 minutes ago, Thormind said:

With Nym and Lowrisk, It also doesnt look like they want to stop the powercreep (just want Imperials to be out of it). They really seem to have decided to not care about older products and combat OP material with more OP material. It's usually a big design mistake but it's the only logical explanation for what they are doing.

The only logical explanation is something which doesn't match good business sense, design sense, or historical behavior, and instead reads like it was written with a tin foil hat firmly attached?

10 minutes ago, nigeltastic said:

The only logical explanation is something which doesn't match good business sense, design sense, or historical behavior, and instead reads like it was written with a tin foil hat firmly attached?

Sounds like the ISB got to this one boys, better not listen to what he has to say.

Wait, I mean, uh, there aren't any ISB agents, certainly not watching us.

*tightens strap of tinfoil hat*

But, yah. The theory that FFG wants to alienate ~one third of their player base, AND frustrate the rest of it while doing so is far more likely than any other possible explanation.

46 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Have we actually been TOLD that disney has to approve the FAQs?  I see everyone talk about it all over the forum, but have never actually seen the source for how we know that...

LFL has to approve EVERYTHING that is released. This has been consistent through three companies that I have followed the license. 

44 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

LFL has to approve EVERYTHING that is released. This has been consistent through three companies that I have followed the license. 

I actually finishe dlistening to the last Birmingham Barons episode while I was out running an errand after I posted the question, and they said there that it was mentioned in a panel at nova by frank

9 minutes ago, balindamood said:

I think they are waiting for the last of the nationals to be over

That's my hope.  When's the last national?

Yeah....I have no tinfoil on, but my friends thought for sure the testing wrinkles were out of any text changes back in the Northern Hemosphere's winter. They kept mum on the words, even though I lightly begged for Biggs new text; they're a tight lipped bunch, and they should be; I applaud them, raised a pint....and they too are are puzzled as I. 

I think attempting to find logic in it 's timing might just be a fools errand ?

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

The FAQ is a lie, there is only 

GUNBOAT

Through Gunboat, I gain

STRENGTH

Through Strength, I gain

POWER

Through Power, I gain 

VICTORY

Through Victory, my chains are broken.

THE GUNBOAT

Shall set me free.

The GUNBOAT Code! These words have not been uttered in over a GUNBOAT!