keltheos

Show us your storage solutions

I'm having a bear of a time deciding how best to store/transport the RW line. I am not feeling it for traditional miniatures cases with each fig in a slot and the trays stacked elsewhere. I am currently looking at magnetizing the trays and lining a flat carrying box (Really Useful Boxes at the moment) with metal panels. Pop the figs into the trays, put the trays in the box so they're easy to access and done. Was curious what everyone else is doing for their storage and transportation options, knowing things will be expanding as time goes on. I'm two cores and a couple expansion boxes in plus two elven cores. Would love to see your solutions.

my issue with the metal box and magnetized minis is twofold:
1) Box is heavy/pricy for its size. Course what do you expect for something made of solid metal?
2) Siege models dont need to be magnetized so i just have them glued to the tray.

Works for you thats all that matters though.

I'm hoping Willibald gets his storage plans done for my storage. I use those for armada/xwing and theyre awesome.

46 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

my issue with the metal box and magnetized minis is twofold:
1) Box is heavy/pricy for its size. Course what do you expect for something made of solid metal?
2) Siege models dont need to be magnetized so i just have them glued to the tray.

Works for you thats all that matters though.

I'm hoping Willibald gets his storage plans done for my storage. I use those for armada/xwing and theyre awesome.

Yeah, in the U.S. I presume such a tool box costs around 30$ (cost me 40$ in Canada), and it will contain only one full army with extra units I guess. One thing I like about it is that you don't need to plan ahead your storing and play the tedious "puzzle game" of cutting slots in foams for both your current and future units; when you expand your army, you just put your new units anywhere in there, and voilà.

Edited by Xargonaut

I store all my units in their trays in big boxes, like the core set box. But that one is a pain to open and shut, so I use a box from when we bought a lamp at Ikea.

37008024662_4bb4e85e30_z.jpg

36782396310_6e29209e59_z.jpg

So far, any army I bring for a tournament or game night will fit in this box. It holds 20 trays, which is slightly better than the core box's 16 tays. I also bring my supply of templates, cards and tokens in a separate container.

36990196596_f2f5263266_z.jpg

I used to keep my figures in these Flambeau tackle box tray, but putting the figures into their trays when setting up for a game is tedious. This picture shows all my upgrade cards next to the round dial (upper right), but I can usually pack my small stack of selected upgrades with my unit cards above, which opens up a fifth slot for the dials. I've never run more than 5 units, so basically I just bring this tackle box and the Ikea box to the store, which is pretty easy to carry. I think I need a smaller box to keep my bane, boon, and wound tokens on the table during tournaments, but so far I've only done league games, which aren't so cramped for space.

16 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

I hear you, and rest assured, SirWilli really hopes that, too... ;-)

New Armada hangars are nearly finished, I've put the Runewars boxes on the top of my to-do-list. Can't stand it that my own units have no home, either. 

I've been contemplating all different kinds of storage solutions lately, since I'm heading to worlds and have never traveled with miniatures before.  I have a Portable Warfare Sergeant and pluck foam, but it seems like overkill, and I don't really want to carry a bag with a giant bomb logo that says warfare through the airport.

With home soft the models are and the two layers of clear coat I put on, I'm half considering throwing them all in a pillow case and shoving it in my backpack :P

After pondering this for awhile, I finally built something yesterday. The A-Case with its magnets and metal tray system really intrigued me, and after seeing it in person I was sold... well, except for the 200 dollar price tag after shipping.

A trip to the hardware store and roughly 35 bucks later I had this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/1UJa2

K6vSzU8.jpg

BHoJPml.jpg

The bag is a Portable Warfare Sargaent that I've had for awhile which I took inside dimensions of and cut mdf to fit. Took some tin snips to 22 gauge sheet metal and glued it to the bottom and two shelves with some spray adhesive.

I bought a rolled sheet of magnet material, think magnets for your fridge, and cut it in to chunks and glued it to the bottom of my unit trays. My individual figures are all magnetized so they can sit in the case without trays as well. Bam, there you have it. Pretty simple

Edited by Click5

I use a stackable Dewalt organizer from home depot.  It's the same as the stanley and the two snap together for easy pick up and go.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-10-Compartment-Deep-Pro-Small-Parts-Organizer-DWST14825/203367153

I also got a shallow version that works nicely but I almost wonder if I should have just stuck with two deep.  The shallow however is nice since I had to take out so many cups to fit the terrain tiles.  The range rule fits behind the cups along the bottom.