L5RBr

What does your Clan need?

9 minutes ago, shosuko said:

Its too bad the SH doesn't let you move out of conflicts, I think that is what Unicorn is really missing.

Gimme a way to send my dudes home in my conflict deck and another in my dynasty and I will show you a happy pony player (me)

I'll go out on a limb and make the following suggestion which I think would benefit all of the Clans: 

L5R should come up with different 'Way of...' cards for each Clan, which would allow for more Clan variety, greater deck building flexibility, and more variance within decks of the same Clan. Also, this would/could make the existing Stronghold functions  more resilient when playing against other Clans' decks by allowing more elbow room in deck design. 

This would be another manner to resolve the few issues that I see with Clan decks right now, such as Unicorn Clan, which I believed would be a Tier 1 deck prior to release. ?

Edited by LordBlunt

Interesting suggestion. One thing to note is, "Way of ..." cards are a subset of the Philosophy card type. Maybe your suggestion could be accomplished simply by adding more Philosophy cards.

1 hour ago, LordBlunt said:

I'll go out on a limb and make the following suggestion which I think would benefit all of the Clans: 

L5R should come up with different 'Way of...' cards for each Clan, which would allow for more Clan variety, greater deck building flexibility, and more variance within decks of the same Clan. Also, this would/could make the existing Stronghold functions  more resilient when playing against other Clans' decks by allowing more elbow room in deck design. 

This would be another manner to resolve the few issues that I see with Clan decks right now, such as Unicorn Clan, which I believed would be a Tier 1 deck prior to release. ?

I've been suggesting this for a while, and it's one of my biggest wishes. Additionally, if they give them the same name (e.g., print a card titled "Way of the Crane" again), the deckbuilding rules already accommodate having only 3x of each card by title, so you don't end up with power creep.

Edited by Khift

Well and the Osari Plains and some old Ki-Rin lands. And aren't the Dragon also worried about us?

Lion have been very aggressive under Arasou, it seems.

Edited by Manchu

1 hour ago, Radon Antila said:

Well, if you guys would just stop turning dinner into art class, then maybe...

"I call it,  Spring Floods Anew."

"You've ruined our fields! The whole province is flooded with this tsunami! We shall all starve, what were you thinking, samurai-sama?"

*Knowing smile* 

"The sun glistens bright

Rippling across the earth

Spring flows with new life. "

(An excerpt from How It Really Happened, a tract on The Age of Declining Virtue courtesy of the Perfect Land.)

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, shosuko said:

Ascetic Visionary can target "a monk or character with monk attachments."  I assume if you play Tattooed Wanderer or Kazue on any character they qualify since those are monk attachments.  Is this not correct?

I'm curious about those 2 cards as attachments.  Do they retain their keywords (Monk. Tattooed.) when attached?  If not, what Dragon needs most are Monk Attachments, but if they're still Monk, then we only need more Monk Attachments.

4 hours ago, Duciris said:

I'm curious about those 2 cards as attachments.  Do they retain their keywords (Monk. Tattooed.) when attached?  If not, what Dragon needs most are Monk Attachments, but if they're still Monk, then we only need more Monk Attachments.

I would assume so. The rules currently only state their card type changes from character to attachment, and their mil/pol strength aren't added to the attached character. These are specifically started in the rules reference, while afaik there is nothing stating any change to the traits of the card. In the absence of such, I see no reason why they wouldn't retain their traits. 

16 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

I would assume so. The rules currently only state their card type changes from character to attachment, and their mil/pol strength aren't added to the attached character. These are specifically started in the rules reference, while afaik there is nothing stating any change to the traits of the card. In the absence of such, I see no reason why they wouldn't retain their traits. 

I'm thinking that is the case.  Thank you.

* After more working on the question (and deckbuilding), I've found the Ascetic Visionary.  His triggered ability is:

Action: While this character is attacking, spend 1 fate to an unclaimed ring.  Choose a Monk character or a character with a Monk attachment – ready that character.

I am now convinced that characters acting as attachments retain their traits.

Edited by Duciris
Further learning.

Right now, I just want cards that give the clans new options or support existing options. But if I would have to pick a card for each clan:

Scorpion: Shinobi card so that the first Scorpion previewed in the first Dynasty pack isn't a complete waste.

Dragon: Monk character

Lion: Reanimator conflict card and preferably a dig card that put stuff into the discard pile.

Phoenix: a 1 cost, high glory version of Serene Warrior to complete the cycle.

Unicorn: Battle Maiden that puts forward what that 'family' will do in the future: maybe discard effects?

Crab: Either a scout card to support that trait or a card to help out the wall/defense archetype

Crane: Harrier card to shore up military options for the clan

Neutral: Ogre Bushi!

On 9/14/2017 at 0:12 PM, Manchu said:

Interesting suggestion. One thing to note is, "Way of ..." cards are a subset of the Philosophy card type. Maybe your suggestion could be accomplished simply by adding more Philosophy cards.

Spirit of...

Essence of...

Law of...