L5RBr

What does your Clan need?

If you can choose 1 card, what do you ask for your clan?

For Lion I would like a dynasty char exactly the same as Doji Challenger, a bushi that bring a char into the battle.

It will fit perfectly in the Lion, preventing unnoposed conflicts, and so we can use Fallen in Battle.

Phoenix needs a 5 cost shugenja that is untouchable by the opponent's ring effects, allows me to remove fate from my opponent's characters each combat I  win, influences the ring to open up synergies with other cards, and is a respectable body that, when honored, becomes a tower that my opponents will have insane difficulty facing.

Of course that's magical Christmas land so really any 2 cost Shugenja would be really nice. ;) 

51 minutes ago, shineyorkboy said:

Courtiers.

Indeed. I even made chart for fun to show what each clan has. :D 

Bushi

Courtier

Shugenja

Monk

Bu/Cou

Shu/Bu

Cou/Shu

Edited by BlindSamurai13

Just now, Caldera said:

A Phoenix event with an ability along the lines of: "After you lose a conflict as the defender, gain honour equal to the number of points by which you lost the conflict"

"You attack for 13? Okay, Unopposed. Oh hey, look, I just won :D. This game is fun, right?"

8 minutes ago, Caldera said:

A Phoenix event with an ability along the lines of: "After you lose a conflict as the defender, gain honour equal to the number of points by which you lost the conflict"

"Are you sure you dont want to Way of the Lion toturi a  third time? Just asking."

45 minutes ago, BlindSamurai13 said:

Indeed. I even made chart for fun to show what each clan has. :D 

Phoenix should have double that many shugenja....

21 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Make it 2 Fate for an event that reads,

"Interrupt: After you lose an unopposed conflict as the defender, gain honour equal to the unmodified province strength of the province."

You would have a sort of feasible card right there. It would be like a Display of power that only functions like the air ring, but gives you a slightly higher payoff.  

1 hour ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

"You attack for 13? Okay, Unopposed. Oh hey, look, I just won :D. This game is fun, right?"

Granted, its a half-baked idea, although i saw it more as a way of off-setting some of the myriad honour-loss effects beloved of certain clans, rather than a way of achieving a quick Honour victory. But yeah, it would need some form of sensible cap...

1 hour ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

Make it 2 Fate for an event that reads,

"Interrupt: After you lose an unopposed conflict as the defender, gain honour equal to the unmodified province strength of the province."

...That's more like it! And with the penalty for unopposed you are probably netting 4 honour max, which is more tolerable.

Actually, there was some method in the madness behind my idea - an alternative use for your Stronghold: If your province is going to be broken anyway then it would be cool to use it to pump an opponent's honoured character in order to gain benefit for yourself.

So how about:

"After you lose a conflict as the defender by 5 or more points, gain Honour equal to the unmodified value of the province's strength"?

3 hours ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

Reactions to winning on defense that further my goals of winning the game.

Or, more bluntly, strong defensive cards that aren't pidgeon holed (like the Hiruma Yojimbo is).

I agree.  In the games I've played I've noticed that a defensive play style really grinds the game out...  I think honor / dishonor are supposed to be backup win conditions for when a game goes long, but there aren't enough factors that push towards this.  I wouldn't mind seeing new cards that help a defensive player either gain honor, or cause dishonor through a defensive play style.  The problem is that you can't just reward a player for not attacking, and almost anything that can help defense win would help everyone win.

Unicorn: Some other incentive to going first or reward tempo control.
new stronghold,
new province,
new clan champ,
new 'way of' card
new 4 cost Unique character
new card to honor or gain honor
new unicorn event negation or protection card

I know  you said just '1' but Unicorn seem to have more holes than the Seahawk's offensive line. 

Edited by Virtigo

On 11/09/2017 at 11:53 AM, L5RBr said:

If you can choose 1 card, what do you ask for your clan?

For Lion I would like a dynasty char exactly the same as Doji Challenger, a bushi that bring a char into the battle.

It will fit perfectly in the Lion, preventing unnoposed conflicts, and so we can use Fallen in Battle.

As Lion player myself, I think that you are dead right on the matter. I would add native discart capabilities as a distant second.

Edited by Jehovah Netto