Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dietz057

Twin Troopers Podcast: Jet Troopers

16 posts in this topic

You guys didn't mention putting Targeting Computer on the Jets. I feel like every time I decide I can get by without it I'm guaranteed to roll that dreaded triple-surge.

dietz057 and nickv2002 like this

The regular JT's are pretty decent objective runners and terminal sitters. I wouldn't put one on a contested control point or on a terminal when my opponent has Chopper. But Mobile gives them an advantage when collecting crates or interacting with patrons. They can also be an expendable unit you can use with Overrun.

nickv2002 and ryanjamal like this

9 hours ago, cnemmick said:

The regular JT's are pretty decent objective runners and terminal sitters. I wouldn't put one on a contested control point or on a terminal when my opponent has Chopper. But Mobile gives them an advantage when collecting crates or interacting with patrons. They can also be an expendable unit you can use with Overrun.

Agreed. I've run an all-vehicle list (with a proxied ATDP) and the regular jets proved surprisingly versatile. Mainly they were terminal and objective sitters, and with Agile plus Zillo they could endure a hit on occasion, but when needed they could be sent in for Overrun. 

-ryanjamal 

On 9/14/2017 at 10:13 AM, ThatJakeGuy said:

Excellent episode! My only sadness is that there wasn't much discussion on the plethora of great attachments for the Jets: Cross Training vs Targeting Computer vs Vader's Finest.

Vader's Finest on Jets? Don't be crazy Jake. ;-) 

ThatJakeGuy likes this

15 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

I really enjoyed the Vader's Finest article and after reading it tried out some earnest test lists attaching to various units. Had fun trying to make use of it but ultimately came to the obvious conclusion that is not quite useful enough and definitely not worth the 2 point cost. But the experimentation was definitely worthwhile just to stretch myself with new tactics and thinking.

ThatJakeGuy likes this

On 9/14/2017 at 10:04 AM, NeverBetTheFett said:

I love your work. Please keep it up. It's inspiring me to do something similar in the spirit of keeping IA skirmish vibrant! Thanks!

Thank you!  I do it because people enjoy it, so I appreciate the kind words!

ryanjamal and ThatJakeGuy like this

9 hours ago, Darth evil said:

the problem  with VF is that being focused will only add 1 dmg and thats a big maybe, with the only 1 good surge

The figure is immaterial. The reason I've enjoyed seeing VF Jets on the table is the ability to attack and move 8 spaces on a turn. It makes them feel even more like his with jet packs rocketing around the field

nickv2002 likes this