Sign in to follow this  
TallGiraffe

It's Another Day (Article day?)

1 hour ago, Waywardpaladin said:

They had an elf starter and a few elf boosters, no command packs ><

They have a lot of first wave Waiqar and Daqan stuff though.

Yea that happened to one of the stores near here. Got alot of Cores sold, at least 12, and then got a bunch of wave 1 stuff but only a few boxes sold. :(

The boxes are pretty big. I know there is a lot of consumer research regarding the relationship between box size and price, i.e. consumers want a bigger box for a more expensive item to feel they got their money's worth. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, the Runewars boxes may be taking up to much space on FLGS shelves. If they were smaller, however, would they be eye-catching enough to draw consumers? In my opinion, people get hooked when the game is referred to them by a friend, so it doesn't matter so much if it's showy/flashy on the shelf. Most people don't jump in blindly when they see it in the store.

2 hours ago, Parakitor said:

The boxes are pretty big. I know there is a lot of consumer research regarding the relationship between box size and price, i.e. consumers want a bigger box for a more expensive item to feel they got their money's worth. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, the Runewars boxes may be taking up to much space on FLGS shelves. If they were smaller, however, would they be eye-catching enough to draw consumers? In my opinion, people get hooked when the game is referred to them by a friend, so it doesn't matter so much if it's showy/flashy on the shelf. Most people don't jump in blindly when they see it in the store.

I feel like that could be said of most Miniatures games, as it is just such a major investment.

22 minutes ago, Waywardpaladin said:

I mean, with the Elf starter at 30 dollars, would I rather have a core box for L5R or a bunch of elves on battlecats? Pretty easy answer.

Luckily my wallet doesn't have to choose.

says the dragon player :P

9 hours ago, Curlycross said:

Maybe next week I guess...

I keep looking too. I wonder if they just have too many high profile things going on they don't want to overshadow. X-Wing wave released today and a ton of other launches this week. I also wonder if they're dancing around and not trying to steal thunder from Legion which I think was slated for a Q5 release, but seems like it might be delayed... who knows? I'm sure they'd be super bummed about not getting Legion out by Christmas.

1 hour ago, Elliphino said:

I keep looking too. I wonder if they just have too many high profile things going on they don't want to overshadow. X-Wing wave released today and a ton of other launches this week. I also wonder if they're dancing around and not trying to steal thunder from Legion which I think was slated for a Q5 release, but seems like it might be delayed... who knows? I'm sure they'd be super bummed about not getting Legion out by Christmas.

Legion is Q1 2018. 

They put out like 2-3 L5R articles a week though. Runewars is just not the new hotness now.