Sign in to follow this  
TallGiraffe

It's Another Day (Article day?)

2 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

In a game with no Waiqar, you will never see a single blight token.

Speed edit: I guess you could use the Waiqar terrain in a non-Waiqar army, don't think there's any rule against that. Regardless, it's Waiqar terrain and only Waiqar terrain that gives blight.

I think a lot of people are missing what Blackthorn Assassin does. It is a Latari Champion figure upgrade and reads,

"After deployment, place 3 blight tokens on this card.
[Melee attack][ranged attack] You may remove 1 blight token from this card. If you do, the defender receives 1 blight token."

It is a blight effect completely independent of Waiqar the Undying and his horde of undead.

12 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

I think a lot of people are missing what Blackthorn Assassin does. It is a Latari Champion figure upgrade and reads,

"After deployment, place 3 blight tokens on this card.
[Melee attack][ranged attack] You may remove 1 blight token from this card. If you do, the defender receives 1 blight token."

It is a blight effect completely independent of Waiqar the Undying and his horde of undead.

Oh you're right, I skipped over the "place 3 tokens" part! That's nifty.

23 hours ago, Darthain said:

Communication through text is always frought as such, we communicate a large deal with our bodies and tone. While just the facts approaches are often interpreted as terse by those trying to skirt facts, they are a black and white issue, and can be written as such.

It is fair to say we have little to no information about where devs plan to take us.  Not enough data points, any assumptions we make are largely grasping in this currently underdeveloped game.  We need to not focus on our first impressions too hard, even though they are all we have, as we do not possess the big picture.

Just to clarify I only asked so you could tell us how to interpret it. Because I read it as aggressive but I wasn't sure if that was your intent.

1 hour ago, Xquer said:

So my bet today is a new unit announcement for something other than uthuk (really hoping elves, because reasons).

And then 50% chance it gets pulled.

I love the 50% chance it gets pulled. But I think they'll get the Uthuk articles out before we see a new unit. At least the berserkers and Spined Threshers and the Flesh Rippers (again). I'm sure they may have to pepper an article in there that is outside of Uthuk, just so it's not Uthuk, Uthuk, Uthuk