Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

Anyone think unpainted and game saturation will hurt Legion?

Doesn't anyone else agree being able to use your existing IA minis to bulk up your forces for casual play/house rules would be beneficial?  Scale is important to gamers but product loyalty is too. What's next...using posable action figures? I'm still going to support FFG and their Star Wars products as I own at least one of everything. We us Rebellion for Campaign movement, Armada for large scale battles, RPG with using IA minis and Xwing for dog fights...

They would sell just as much of Legion if they were 28mm.

That being said, my comments are a general inquire not a bashing of the new game. I am looking forward to the game mechanics and system. 

Back to thread topic I don't think unpainted will be an issue as wargame usually like to customize and paint their own stuff. I agree with others statements it is as much a hobby for terrain and scenery as it is to collector who showcase their figures.

Cheers :)

48 minutes ago, Nihm said:

Doesn't anyone else agree being able to use your existing IA minis to bulk up your forces for casual play/house rules would be beneficial?

Is anyone saying you can't do that?  The only thing we can assume right now is that IA models won't be officially supported in Legion, so that means at official events.. And even then we haven't had anyone from FFG actually make any sort of official statement about it.

I know that for friendly games at home or the LGS I'll use my IA stormtroopers as a squad in Legion, at least until I either buy more or decided I don't want that many in a list.

48 minutes ago, Nihm said:

They would sell just as much of Legion if they were 28mm.

IA isn't 28mm, no game is really 28mm any more.  There's plenty of pictures on this board showing the size difference and it's actually not that big.

But even if Legion and IA models were the same size, that doesn't mean you'd be able to use IA models at the Legion world championship.  

It's completely possible that after doing Ruinwars, they found that they liked the larger models and so naturally upsized things for Legion.  It's also possible that for legal reasons they couldn't make Legion compatible with IA.

But regardless of the reason we know one thing as an absolute fact... That it is far too late for them to change the size of the models now.