Sign in to follow this  
Brine

Arkham Horror reprint?

I've noticed that in the products section it says the base game is "Available Soon," and on the upcoming products page it is listed as a reprint and "updated." The date on post is 02/11/2010. Does reprint just mean a restocking of the existing game or are they updating it again? 

pretty sure it's just a reprinting of the same edition...

the way I figure it, if there were new rules or more rules clarifications then we'd see a complete FAQ with all the stuff that's going to be changed, added or taken out on the forums prior to it being made official

of course I could be wrong too so who knows 

I'm betting this is just a straight-up reprint. When the last printing came out in December, the stock lasted a week in FFG's warehouse (I know, because I went to order some for our store a week later, only to be told that it had already sold out).

I think if FFG was to create a new AH product with revised rules, they would note it as such. They could simply release a combined rulebook with the updated rules, the expansions and several scenarios and I'm sure many of us would pick it up just to have an AH encyclopedia.

JerusalemJones said:

I think if FFG was to create a new AH product with revised rules, they would note it as such. They could simply release a combined rulebook with the updated rules, the expansions and several scenarios and I'm sure many of us would pick it up just to have an AH encyclopedia.

Now there's something I'd buy. happy.gif

One of the highlights is the full set of 18 Gate markers that are designed to replace those from the Arkham Horror core set, as well as those from The Dunwich Horrorand The Kingsport Horror. They are treated exactly the same as the previous Gate markers, except that each Gate now has an additional characteristic. For example, the "Gate of Madness" will cause an investigator to lose one Sanity when they fail to close the Gate, and a "Moving Gate" that can move along with monsters during the Mythos phase.                                                                                                                                                                                            

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the new tokens are replacements for the old ones... maybe the reprinting will include these new style gate tokens?

magnumopera said:

One of the highlights is the full set of 18 Gate markers that are designed to replace those from the Arkham Horror core set, as well as those from The Dunwich Horrorand The Kingsport Horror. They are treated exactly the same as the previous Gate markers, except that each Gate now has an additional characteristic. For example, the "Gate of Madness" will cause an investigator to lose one Sanity when they fail to close the Gate, and a "Moving Gate" that can move along with monsters during the Mythos phase.                                                                                                                                                                                            

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the new tokens are replacements for the old ones... maybe the reprinting will include these new style gate tokens?

I doubt it. The new gates are a variant, and they have other world locations on them that don't exist in the base game.