Sign in to follow this  
artemis8

Que: Civil war var., Copy ability, Sideboard...

Hello, just a few more questions:

a) The Civil war game variant (from PotS expansion). I do not know whether I understood it clear. Rules say that all players use a common (shared) single discard/dead pile. Does it mean that that there is one shared discard pile deparated from a shared dead pile or that there is only one shared pile, that is used for both discarded and killed cards?

b) If a card can copy an ability of another card, like the plot card "Good for gender" (which allows copy "when revealed" ability of another revealed plot card in game), would this copying work, if the copied ability was on the card that says "House X only", and I would play different House?

c) Is there a possibility to use something like sideboard in Magic card game? For tournament, I mean. Some 10-15 cards which you could have in reserve (not in your deck) and use them in dependence against what Houses(s) you will play.

Thanks for your answers.

Artemis said:

a) The Civil war game variant (from PotS expansion). I do not know whether I understood it clear. Rules say that all players use a common (shared) single discard/dead pile. Does it mean that that there is one shared discard pile deparated from a shared dead pile or that there is only one shared pile, that is used for both discarded and killed cards?

The dead pile and the discard pile are always separate.

Artemis said:

b) If a card can copy an ability of another card, like the plot card "Good for gender" (which allows copy "when revealed" ability of another revealed plot card in game), would this copying work, if the copied ability was on the card that says "House X only", and I would play different House?

"House X only" is a deckbuilding restriction. It has absolutely no meaning during game play.

Artemis said:

c) Is there a possibility to use something like sideboard in Magic card game? For tournament, I mean. Some 10-15 cards which you could have in reserve (not in your deck) and use them in dependence against what Houses(s) you will play.

The tournament rules can be found in the support section of the game's main section of the FFG site. Sideboards are not allowed in standard constructed tournaments.

Regarding sideboards... if you are allowing CCG-era cards, there was a series of Agendas in Five Kings Edition which allowed for something like a sideboard:

www.tzumainn.com/agot/cards/card.php

Also, FFG does not offer much in the way of sanctioning so as long as your playgroup or tournament organizer agrees on a set of sideboard rules you should be fine using them (in the case of a tournament, make sure such rules are clearly posted in advance so that all players have an equal opportunity to prepare).