Ghostofman

GoM's Modeling and Terrain

14 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

It's been a long time, but with Legion coming out it's hard for me to resist getting back into the game.

To encourage the community and play-base a bit, I'll be posting some content to help things along.

First up, here's a template for a card stock "Tarkin Town" style shed to help fill out your table.

tarkhut.jpg

Tarkin Town Shed with Awning

Just download, print onto card stock (available at most office supply shops), cut, glue, and it's ready for the tabletop!

For those that remember, yes I'll be going through the back catalogue, cleaning things up a bit, and making some of my old stuff available as well as making new stuff.

Till next time...

When we get subforums I'd love to see your posts pinned for quick reference. I really like this shed and printing multiples would be easy to assemble a shanty. Do they print black and white or color? If color will you have multiple colors available?

I work in color, though certain things may be passable in Black and White. I'm thinking about things like my old imperial vehicles that were basically black and white except for some brown weathering.

In this case I probably won't be making more colors, but never say never. Later products however will feature different variations of colors and markings.

Patteous likes this

42 minutes ago, Ghostofman said:

I work in color, though certain things may be passable in Black and White. I'm thinking about things like my old imperial vehicles that were basically black and white except for some brown weathering.

In this case I probably won't be making more colors, but never say never. Later products however will feature different variations of colors and markings.

I'll be printing some of these out tomorrow to try them out. I've never done papercraft before so it should be interesting. I was asking about the color cause I'd like to print multiples and make a shanty town for a board. 

Update:

OK! New Model! A simple prefab modular structure. It comes with multiple color options, and a joint to allow you to attach two of them in a T shape. Stack, attach, jointed or end to end. Windows and ladder, or without. Make a few and you can easily turn an empty lot into a small base or settlement.

59c9c674b7139_CanDemoA.jpg.dda587fc43dcb5add166dcc6dda55182.jpg

These things proved how rusty I was. They shouldn't have taken so long, but I needed to make a few prototype passes to get it looking right. Next few should be simpler.

Enjoy!

Very cool.

Is this an original design or are you taking inspiration from Rebels & Clone Wars?

I remember seeing a lot of concept art for the Clone Wars & Rebels on Starwars.com where they'd post a lot of neat imagery. You can find Clone Wars here and Rebels here. Scroll to the bottom and you can select different the seasons/episodes.

Good trivia too.

Edited by Force Majeure

49 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Very cool.

Is this an original design or are you taking inspiration from Rebels & Clone Wars?

I remember seeing a lot of concept art for the Clone Wars & Rebels on Starwars.com where they'd post a lot of neat imagery. You can find Clone Wars here and Rebels here. Scroll to the bottom and you can select different the seasons/episodes.

Good trivia too.

It's an original design this time. The inspiration for it actually came from the old WEG supplement "Hideouts and Strongholds" and the entry for "Glitterfall base." The original artwork and layouts by Sterling Hershey and Ramon Perez had very boxy designs with lots of greebles for the shelters. I wanted something with a little more complex shapes and less greebles to better fit the cardstock medium. Also trying out new techniques for weathered textures.

I've got my next ideas lined up, but I'm always open to suggestions if there's something you want to see.

I like these alot. How about an Endor Bunker for the hundreds or even thousands that want one but cant find one or dont have access to a 3-D printer.

Are these other style buildings available to print or are they your personal design?

2 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

How about an Endor Bunker for the hundreds or even thousands that want one but cant find one or dont have access to a 3-D printer.

Already started this one. I put it on hold because I realized partway through I needed to knock out a few easier models first to get back on the tautaun as it were. I don't know exactly when I'll get it done, but it will certainly be done by launch. 

My current concern is a couple simple movie items from Empire and Rogue One, and a reskinning of my old Tatooine building set to improve the overall quality and make it suitable for other planets like Lothal as well.

Interesting that poured concrete is so popular among rim colonies...

Are these other style buildings available to print or are they your personal design?

They are my design, but I make all my stuff available for everyone. Check the first post in the thread and you'll see the links to the PDF are below each picture.

Not having money, time, or skill is not going to be an excuse for a crappy table if I have anything to do with it! 

36 minutes ago, Ghostofman said:

Interesting that poured concrete is so popular among rim colonies...

That made me laugh. I always thought the same thing with Moisture Vaporators. They are everywhere! Desert planets, lush green planets and the like. I feel it is just a Star Wars staple as far as set decor. Like we wouldn't know it was a galaxy far, far away unless we saw a Moisture Vaporator in the distance.

36 minutes ago, Ghostofman said:

Not having money, time, or skill is not going to be an excuse for a crappy table if I have anything to do with it! 

Well on behalf of everyone I thank you in advance for your time and dedication to the game and helping out the community!

Your work is amazing and I am glad it is here for everyone to share.

I have some scaled down decals of a Death Star interior and was wondering if maybe you could teach me how to post my stuff as you have so that others might be able to use it if they want. Here are a few samples:

DS_CURVES_A.jpg

DS_DOORS_A.jpg

I am not trying to insert myself into your post. You have inspired me to share if anyone has in interest in them.

Ailowynn and AldousSnow like this

1 hour ago, C3POFETT said:

I have some scaled down decals of a Death Star interior and was wondering if maybe you could teach me how to post my stuff as you have so that others might be able to use it if they want. Here are a few samples:

DS_CURVES_A.jpg

DS_DOORS_A.jpg

I am not trying to insert myself into your post. You have inspired me to share if anyone has in interest in them.

Compress them down into a single zip file for ease of delivery. Upload the zip file to Google drive. Post the share link here.

Simple as that!