HolySorcerer

TIE Silencer and Rebel B/sf-17 preview up

4 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

I mean at everything he does. As I said, I don't rule out that he actually is a great pilot, we did see him only as a leader, force user and with a lightsaber. He sucked at all of that, but **** was he resilient. I would be HAPPY if he is actually good at something other than getting shot. 

That really isn't true at all, though.  From what they show on screen, he leads a faction that literally wipes out all of the other jedi, he freezes a blaster bolt in mid-air, man-handles Finn despite taking a bowcaster gutshot, and only loses to Rey in the Force/lightsaber department because she's plot-armored out the wazoo.

3 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

Nym can take Trajectory Simulator... instead of Advance Sensors or Accuracy Correcters. It will be a build, but it wont be the same builds we've come to fear.

Lando is imho a solid partner for Trajectory Simulator Nym. And people should not forget genius on top. Furthermore it is a may option. 

32 minutes ago, Derpzilla88 said:

Wow... reading through the responses to these new ship announcements really shows how miserable a place this forum is.

It's like the majority of people don't even have the ability to be excited or interested in new ships anymore.

That's because the new ships showed here look badly designed and FFG decided that instead of nerfing the OP Rebel bombs they would make them even more powerful. 

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

Again, imperials get a ship lacking options. Atleast this time it has a sensor/tech so it has strong ones....right? *staples FCS and PA to it* nvm...

That ship will never have options. Its expensive as **** for effectively a 2x durable TIE Interceptor w/ a TLock built in. Unless that new tech is insane theres no way anybody would put anything other than FCS+PA+Autos on this thing, EPT being the ONLY variance and even that will get solidified eventually (see PS Wars in a theatre near you!)
And Kylo still has his "hit me i dare you" ability on a ship that cant take a beating. Could have atleast changed it to the same timing as Rebel Captive (declared target)

No droid/crew slot for BB9E..wat?

Doesnt even have a random missile which is a staple on practically any TIE that isnt a Fighter, Interceptor, or Striker. Course at its price dunno if i'd want a missile.

Meanwhile Rebels get another super-bomber that looks to stack wonderfully with miranda+sabine. Just what we needed *cough*

Trajectory Sims outta be fun on Deathrain though...muahahhahaa!

Exactly my reaction. I mean WTF, not again!!! Imps get another boring (and super expensive) ship with absolutely 0 new faction exclusive upgrade. To those who think this ship is good, remember, you have to use VI if you want any chance to win vs Nym... I really doubt thats the case but IMO the only way this ship is going to turn out as a competitive option is if it somehow have access to a decent shield regen option in the cards not previewed. Even if the dial is good, Kylo is a Corran Horn with a much worst pilot ability and way less upgrade options. We all know how much other E-wings are played... There was a great opportunity to add a title card that would be shared with the Interceptor to give them the boost they need. That was also too hard to do it seems.

Rebels, who already have 2 amazing bombers, get a crazy super cheap (max 29pts!! how much is the generic??) 3rd one with unique upgrades . Sabine was already f'ing OP so they gave that ship an ability to add another auto dmg on top. Or course it had to be a crit?? And like if that was not enough this ship will be able to drop 4 clusters per game for 4 points less than any other ship . It looks like the lower ps might be cheap enough to replace Jess in fairship rebels 2.0.  The build would get another beefy ship that would protect the rear side with 3 dmg+ 1 crit bomblets (ie Sabine on the Gunship) that can be thrown at range 5.  Good luck beating that. They could not give them that Awing 2.0... noo it was way too boring...

3 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

I mean at everything he does. As I said, I don't rule out that he actually is a great pilot, we did see him only as a leader, force user and with a lightsaber. He sucked at all of that, but **** was he resilient. I would be HAPPY if he is actually good at something other than getting shot. 

He's shown to be rather powerful in the force (like stopping blaster bolts in mid air, freezing someone, and so on), so I would hardly say his only talent is getting shot. 

My current theory on some of his other failings in the movie stem from not having a ton of training. Up until Rey, he potentially hasn't dealt with someone strong enough in the force to really challenge him (assuming Luke avoided direct conflict with his nephew). He's been coasting on his natural talent and rage. Hence why Snoke said he was going to complete Kylo's training. That's also on top of his wound and not actually trying to kill Rey.

6 minutes ago, RampancyTW said:

That really isn't true at all, though.  From what they show on screen, he leads a faction that literally wipes out all of the other jedi, he freezes a blaster bolt in mid-air, man-handles Finn despite taking a bowcaster gutshot, and only loses to Rey in the Force/lightsaber department because she's plot-armored out the wazoo.

You mistake here exposition to what he actually does. He downright sucks at everything he does, get constantly mocked by the imperials and throws tantrums while passing stormtroopers roll their eyes. Meanwhile we get told a few bits here and there about his "achievements" which are not many. Killing fellow students in their "sleep" and that's it. The flashbacks suggest even that it was not him doing the deed, but others under his command. If this command was earned or given? No idea. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

37 minutes ago, Derpzilla88 said:

Wow... reading through the responses to these new ship announcements really shows how miserable a place this forum is.

It's like the majority of people don't even have the ability to be excited or interested in new ships anymore.

oh believe me, im sure most rebel players are exited now... For the Imp players, it looks like its time to either chose (and pay for) another faction or retire.

Just now, Thormind said:

oh believe me, im sure most rebel players are exited now... For the Imp players, it looks like its time to either chose (and pay for) another faction or retire.

Ya'll really are a parody of yourselves, at this point.

I play plenty of Imps.  Excited for the Silencer and what it brings to the table.

6 minutes ago, Thormind said:

We get the ******* gunboat with reload, slam, a cannon which can shoot after slam/reload and decently priced it seems to be as well. I am plenty excited already. 

6 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

You mistake here exposition to what he actually does. He downright sucks at everything he does, get constantly mocked by the imperials and throws tantrums while passing stormtroopers roll their eyes. Meanwhile we get told a few bits here and there about his "achievements" which are not many. Killing fellow students in their "sleep" and that's it. The flashbacks suggest even that it was not him doing the deed, but others under his command. If this command was earned or given? No idea. 

Excluding Hux (who is in a bit of a class unto himself), who is mocking and rolling their eyes at Kylo? That officer that reported BB-8 and Finn got away wasn't rolling his eyes. The two Stormtroppers outside his cell freak out can be debated as eye rolling when they left, but it seems more likely it was a "crap, the boss is having a moment. Let's leave him to it".

You know what the Silencer reminds me more of than an FO Advanced or Interceptor? An Imperial Starviper.

Think about it.

• Comes with Autothrusters
  • Has access to a Systems Slot
  • Is WAAAY too expensive
  • No Evade
  • The lower PS pilot has the more interesting ability (assuming I'm reading that right. If he get's an EPT slot he'll be VERY compelling)
  • The higher PS pilot only really works when he's operating as part of a larger group

With the Bomber I kind of recognise that at least they didn't put a Crew slot in there. So you can't run Crimson Leader directly with Sabine.

8 minutes ago, RampancyTW said:

I play plenty of Imps.  Excited for the Silencer and what it brings to the table.

Same. **** looks awesome! 

1 minute ago, Mward1984 said:

You know what the Silencer reminds me more of than an FO Advanced or Interceptor? An Imperial Starviper.

Think about it.

• Is WAAAY too expensive
  • No Evade
  • The lower PS pilot has the more interesting ability (assuming I'm reading that right. If he get's an EPT slot he'll be VERY compelling)
  • The higher PS pilot only really works when he's operating as part of a larger group

With the Bomber I kind of recognise that at least they didn't put a Crew slot in there. So you can't run Crimson Leader directly with Sabine.

A starviper with decent greens.

1 minute ago, Mward1984 said:

Think about it.

• Is WAAAY too expensive
  • No Evade

What is the lower pilots ability? 

13 minutes ago, RampancyTW said:

Good for you if you play casual and dont care about winning anything better than store champ

6 minutes ago, petrol blue said:

A starviper with decent greens.

At that price cost it better have either Green 1 Turns, or a white T-Roll/S-Loop/K-Turn. But yes. Although I am really looking forward to getting Guns 4 hire when that comes out.

6 minutes ago, Goseki1 said:

What is the lower pilots ability? 

It syncs up perfectly with Trick Shot, except with 2 extra dice, not just 1. Could be wrong, and it might be giving out extra greens when you have the obstructed bonus, but I'm working on the assumption that it's the former.

Edited by Mward1984

9 minutes ago, SEApocalypse said:

We get the ******* gunboat with reload, slam, a cannon which can shoot after slam/reload and decently priced it seems to be as well. I am plenty excited already. 

wait until you see the dial... :-) So far it doesnt look like a bad ship but its nowhere near Dengar, Miranda, Nym, Fenn Asajj, Biggs, Lowrisk, Dash, Kanan, etc... In term of power lvl my feeling is it will be around the same as a Tie/SF...

Just now, Mward1984 said:

At that price cost it better have either Green 1 Turns, or a white T-Roll/S-Loop/K-Turn. But yes. Although I am really looking forward to getting Guns 4 hire when that comes out.

Yeah, I'm assuming green 1 turns or maybe green 3's - I'd be psyched for it if the meta was different.