Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

Boba + Shadowcaster

Looking to run a Shadowcaster & Firespray combo. This is what I have so far. Anyone else using these two ships together? Any suggestions?

Build 1:

Asajj Ventress — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft 37
Expertise 4
Dengar 3
Glitterstim 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 50

Boba Fett (Scum) — Firespray-31 39
Expertise 4
K4 Security Droid 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 50

Build 2:

Boba Fett (Scum) — Firespray-31 39
Veteran Instincts 1
K4 Security Droid 3
Glitterstim 2
Bomblet Generator 3
Engine Upgrade 4
Andrasta 0
Ship Total: 52

Ketsu Onyo — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft 38
Veteran Instincts 1
Dengar 3
Glitterstim 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 48
Edited by Boom Owl

From your lists, I'm mulling so many things over on crew.  I feel like Boba has worse greens while Lancer greens are good, so he should get Dengar instead, but then Boba often doesn't need rerolls, so maybe K4 is better there and Dengar on the Lancer.  If Boba doesn't need rerolls too much, maybe Tail Gunner or Tactician would be a better crew, or even 4-LOM.  I'd also consider trying to get more dice in there.  Engine Upgrades are great, but I feel like there are a lot of ships you won't be able to outmaneuver, so it's worth considering bludgeoning them instead.  Mixing secondary weapons with tractor beams gets folks on both ends of the attack.

Kath Scarlet can certainly do that.  PS 7 Matches Ketsu, so let's see from there.

Ketsu Onyo [Push the Limit, K4 Security Droid, Engine Upgrade] (48)

Kath Scarlet [Expertise, Heavy Laser Cannon, Dengar] (52)

But sometimes specific pilots are important.  So back to Boba Fett.  I've heard good things about this particular build here.  Glitters because R1 rerolls, and Homing + 4-LOM for a strong long-range attack, but since you really want to mix it up, Fearlessness is just so cheap.

Boba Fett [Fearlessness, 4-LOM, Homing Missiles, Glitterstim, Slave-1 (for luck), Guidance Chips] (48)

which could be paired with:

Ketsu Onyo [Expertise, Dengar, Shadow Caster, Engine Upgrade] (52)

or

Asajj Ventress [Veteran Instincts, Dengar, Glitterstim, Glitterstim, Shadow Caster, Engine Upgrade] (52)

I'm considering PS8 VI Asajj since that'd match Boba Fett, and could open up tractor tricks.  Move someone into Range 1 of Boba Fett to annihilate them.  There's great logic behind PtL Asajj, particularly with Latts Razzi, in how tanky it makes her, but VI allows her to shoot first in your list, and can be killer against any Miranda Doni out there.  Ketsu is kinda classic style: feel free to ram into a small ship, then tractor them and unload with full dice mods.

11 hours ago, wfain said:

Not playing Latts Razzi on Asajj is a mistake in my opinion. The synergy is too good. 

Agreed.  Dengar is typically an auto include when I have a crew slot but for Asajj, Latts works beautifully.  That's one of those combos that come in a pack that you can tell were designed to be paired.

I think PTL might work better with Asajj, though admittedly I haven't tried Expertise on them yet so that might be awesome too. 

Been a while since I got to play with Boba but EU should get you the rerolls so Tail Gunner might be a good crew member. 

I don't think Boba has enough greens for K4 to be worth it. 

For the second build I haven't had many opportunities to play with the bomblet generator and I keep meaning to try Ketsu out but I really like Asajj so sadly I can't really comment on those.