Sign in to follow this  
GreyFoxx

Pursuant tirle

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked but had a quick search and can't find it. 

When you discard the pursuant title, do you get to resolve a squad command AND whatever command dial you flipped over? Or does discarding the title card effectively change the dial to a squadron. 

Thanks in advance! 

17 minutes ago, GreyFoxx said:

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked but had a quick search and can't find it. 

When you discard the pursuant title, do you get to resolve a squad command AND whatever command dial you flipped over? Or does discarding the title card effectively change the dial to a squadron. 

Thanks in advance! 

You get both.

15 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

If have a squadron command due anyway and discard Pursuant can you bank one of them as a token so you can activate 5 squadrons (4+1) or would that fall fowl of the no resolving the same command twice rule?

Pursuant specifically reads "When you reveal a command other than a squadron command", so it doesn't trigger at all.

24 minutes ago, Mad Cat said:

If have a squadron command due anyway and discard Pursuant can you bank one of them as a token so you can activate 5 squadrons (4+1) or would that fall fowl of the no resolving the same command twice rule?

Pursuant only works if you DON'T have a squadron command.

Also, Pursuant cannot be combined with a token, due to the specific wording (not sure about that one, have to ask @Snipafist).

Edited by Green Knight

I think that Pursuant can be combined with a squadron token if you already had one as the only restriction to not be able to use it is if you revelaed a squadron command. Once you trigger it, you resolve a normal squadron command as if you have a dial, so my understanding is that you can combine it with a previous token

32 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Me too. My initial thought was that as the card says 'spend as if it's a dial' means that it replaces your original dial. It appears that this is not the case. 

There was a side discussion about this in the Leia thread, starting from this post. I don't have time to read through it in detail right now, but I'm pretty sure the consensus was that you get both dials.

You don't get a second dial.

1. When you activate, you reveal your normal ship dial.
  2. You immediately discard Pursuant and resolve a full Squadron command (as if you had spent a dial).
  3. Then you do whatever you want with your normal ship dial.

Even if you had a Squadron token saved up, you don't get to resolve a Dial+Token command. You simply get instructed to "resolve a Squadron command as if you had spent a dial", right then and there. You are never given the choice to add a token if you have one - and you can't resolve the same command twice, so you can't spend the token immediately after using Pursuant, either.

Indeed, it's discarding - but it still works.

Otherwise...  there's not a lot you can do with a Squadron token that turn. You could feed it to a Liaison officer: in an emergency, you could use Defense Liaison to change your top dial from Squadron to, say, Repair - and then still resolve a full Squadron command thanks to Pursuant. Though of course this would all happen before Pursuant resolves.

What about Flight Commander?

I suppose no but I would like to be sure. Could I resolve the "given" command after the maneuver?

I ask cause I can see a logic behind "I use Pursuant so I resolve a squadron command and FC allows me during my activation to resolve it later".

My guess is that Pursuant doesn't give a squadron command which I could resolve it later. It says "resolve a squadron command now".

I disagree. It says to "resolve a [SQUAD]. Treat this command as if you spent a [SQUAD] dial."

If I had spent a Dial, I would be allowed to resolve after the move. Why does Pursuant get treated as not a dial?

Never mind. A more careful reading of the rules laid it out for me. You RESOLVE a command by SPENDING the dial. You do not SPEND the dial in order to RESOLVE the command.

Edited by JgzMan