Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Autosketch

Some paint schemes for Phantoms and Defenders

Recommended Posts

If someone actually takes the time to actually paint these up, send me a IM with the images or topic.............................

Edit : The 2nd one though to me doesnt exactly scream imperial though....

 

 

Edited by Zeoinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

No need for the radar dish on the ECM Bomber. If you take all the ordnance out of the pod, you can fit a bank of computers and an officer to operate them.

If anyone's doing paint commissions, this is what I want!

You mean a TIE shuttle with Intel Agent and a non-illicit EMP device mod?  

Even better, a new title that gives a system slot along with crew, kind of a non-cloaking 2 die Phantom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

I think it is time to mod a TIE Bomber..... :D These are amazing, thanks for sharing, really well done!

Thanks! Yea, I thought it might give a few ideas to people :)

7 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

If someone actually takes the time to actually paint these up, send me a IM with the images or topic.............................

Edit : The 2nd one though to me doesnt exactly scream imperial though....

 

 

I will eventually! It's a long time in the making, but I'm intending on putting together a really nicely cohesive squad similar to this with conversions, putty and plasticard.

Yep haha the second is very much supposed to look a little weird, it's a pretend paint scheme I dreamed up based off the USAF testbed liveries, intended to signify the paint job of a phantom and two x7 Defender escorts on the flight testing course. Supposed to look like they're prototype designs :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although this is horrendously hacked together from a few different source images very fast, "Liberally photoshopped" being the word, I would like to make a few of these after going back and sketching it out properly. Do you think if I also had the correct version of the card the opponent is going to mind? It irks me a little having to play cards that are out of sync time-wise. This might make me feel a little more canonical. 

36951440421_a3858eda35_c.jpg

Edited by citruscannon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, citruscannon said:

Although this is horrendously hacked together from a few different source images very fast, "Liberally photoshopped" being the word, I would like to make a few of these after going back and sketching it out properly. Do you think if I also had the correct version of the card the opponent is going to mind? It irks me a little having to play cards that are out of sync time-wise. This might make me feel a little more canonical. 

36951440421_a3858eda35_c.jpg

I still cant believe everyone on here still hasn't heard of Strange Eons 3

http://cgjennings.ca/eons/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wilhelm Screamer said:

I need more of that TIE/e

 

And a source for the art on the radar technician

Yep, I'd like more of the TIE/e too. I'm going to build it as soon as I can. 
As for the radar tech, it's.. uh, a bit of a frankenstein thing with photoshop, but I promise I'll have some art painted for it soon :)

10 minutes ago, Zeoinx said:

I still cant believe everyone on here still hasn't heard of Strange Eons 3

http://cgjennings.ca/eons/

handy tool, but photoshop is also powerful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, citruscannon said:

Although this is horrendously hacked together from a few different source images very fast, "Liberally photoshopped" being the word, I would like to make a few of these after going back and sketching it out properly. Do you think if I also had the correct version of the card the opponent is going to mind? It irks me a little having to play cards that are out of sync time-wise. This might make me feel a little more canonical. 

36951440421_a3858eda35_c.jpg

I've heard the Radar Technician has a 6-pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, citruscannon said:

Although this is horrendously hacked together from a few different source images very fast, "Liberally photoshopped" being the word, I would like to make a few of these after going back and sketching it out properly. Do you think if I also had the correct version of the card the opponent is going to mind? It irks me a little having to play cards that are out of sync time-wise. This might make me feel a little more canonical. 

36951440421_a3858eda35_c.jpg

Love it. I do dislike using 'mixed era' stuff, whether effective or not. But yeah, there should be no reason why this is any more wrong than any other alt-art pilot card (well...I guess you're renaming the condition card, too, but the point still stands).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the INI scheme. The white seems more... third party, for lack of better word. Unofficial would be the second word that comes to mind.

 

Personally, I just painting my Phantoms to match the art on the Whisper and Echo cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sior said:

I like the INI scheme. The white seems more... third party, for lack of better word. Unofficial would be the second word that comes to mind.

 

Personally, I just painting my Phantoms to match the art on the Whisper and Echo cards.

Haha, but it is third party! It's Sienar fleet systems testbed colours in pre-production colours. fresh out of the design workshop, pretty experimental, just a testbed for the new technology.

The idea was lifted from the same thing done with USAF jets, like this one, 
73062%20F-15A-2%2071-0283%20right%20fron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...