Sign in to follow this  
franzvong

[New fiction]In The Garden of Lies

I really liked this one. I hope for much, much more of this sort of thing.

Also, I love how his card ability is to lure someone into a conflict and his character is as a well-trained and practically life long seducer of men and women, for the betterment of the Scorpion or the dishonour of their foes.

Adds a lot, and it's excellently done.

So much more of this sort of thing.

Also, does anyone else reckon we'll be getting Gensato as a unique in the Imperial cycle?

I really liked the feeling of the Kitsuki.  I hope she gets a card.  Sounds like a very pragmatic type of person, pragmatic yet still idealist.  It takes a lot of guts to go to the City of Lies and go around being honest and virtuous like that...

Edited by shosuko

53 minutes ago, shosuko said:

I really liked the feeling of the Kitsuki.  I hope she gets a card.  Sounds like a very pragmatic type of person, pragmatic yet still idealist.  It takes a lot of guts to go to the City of Lies and go around being honest and virtuous like that...

Have you played the box set?  Jotomon was awesome.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Have you played the box set?  Jotomon was awesome.

I have the box set, but never dug into it.  I'm digging through the Otosan Uchi box set for an RPG I'm starting now, I'll have to come back to Rokuo Owari Toshi after.

Awesome fiction. My favorite Scorpions are cunning without necessarily being cruel. And I REALLY like this Promised Land sect. It sets up a conflict where both sides have believable and convincing motivations. Something that L5R has often found hard to do in the past with factions like the Kolat.

3 hours ago, Rawls said:

Awesome fiction. My favorite Scorpions are cunning without necessarily being cruel. And I REALLY like this Promised Land sect. It sets up a conflict where both sides have believable and convincing motivations. Something that L5R has often found hard to do in the past with factions like the Kolat.

Nonsense. The Kolat's philosophy is rooted in taking the teachings of the Tao to their logical conclusion. The Perfect Land Sect is just making stuff up.

The City of Lies boxed set was my first L5R RPG campaign I got to play in. I have run it, personally, four times. For me, the characters of Shosuro Hyobu and Kitsuki Jotomon (or Shomon, as she is now named) are as familiar, if not more so, than the mainstays of the CCG. Shosuro Hyobu means more to me than Bayushi Kachiko and Bayushi Shoju ever will.

Seeing her confirmed as the governor of Ryoko Owari, along with the present of Shomon's dojo and the fireman gangs, was all the fan service I could ever ask.

While I was not on the fence about this game or storyline before, congratulations, FFG. You know how to buy my loyalty.