D503

Sneaky profundity preview

7 minutes ago, RobertK said:

Or...you get a slightly less ridiculous number of victory and objective token plus the two grav shift tokens because Profundity gets an experimental upgrade slot. Ya know, to be fair since the Imperial Cymoon gets the fleet command upgrade slot.

It's not impossible that the MC75 will have an experimental retrofit, but the only card we can't see the picture of has a title, so these would be all new experimental retrofits... Which the interdictor would quite appreciate, but it's not a certainty. It would also be unusual for a non-flotilla to lack any of the weapon upgrades, which would mean only 1-2 experimental retrofits.

1 hour ago, GammonLord said:

Only just seen this thread today, and know its been said to death buuuuuuut.... 2 Contains? Seriously? Im hoping this ship really has something up its sleeve to make that worth it. Or one of the new officers is "swap out one of your utter pants contains for a defence token you may find useful". 

Should totally work for FFG :lol:

Damage Control Officer and a ship with a plethora of black dice? Maybe it really wants to go close.

On 9/6/2017 at 6:32 AM, Green Knight said:

The ship card has 3 blue, 2 black out the front. So it's no the version on the ship token.

Actually...that's 3 Black and 2 Blue out the front of the card.

Not sure anyone else has mentioned yet.

3 minutes ago, NeonKnight said:

Actually...that's 3 Black and 2 Blue out the front of the card.

Not sure anyone else has mentioned yet.

He means in the spread, meaning that we now have a bit of info about both versions.

On the ship token it is 3 black, 2 blue. In the spread, it is 3 blue, 2 black, which means the card does not belong to the token.

16 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

Don't know if it's accurate at all but wayland games is saying 75 days till chimera & profundity are released.

I've seen Wayland do this before from quite a long way out. 75 days just takes you to year end (well Saturday 30th).

For a product that isn't even "At the Printer" or "On the boat" I don't think they know anything we don't and just worked it out from the article we have all seen.

Edited by Mad Cat

20 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

Also 4 shield dials.

Ah. There we go. Then I can account for 22/25 tokens and the last three are probably objective or score tokens as was mentioned earlier. Thanks, that covers it. 

Now Im just having a “wow, we use a lot of cardboard” moment. 

Edited by Church14

23 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

He means in the spread, meaning that we now have a bit of info about both versions.

On the ship token it is 3 black, 2 blue. In the spread, it is 3 blue, 2 black, which means the card does not belong to the token.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean, the Ship card vs the Ship Base (I wouldn't call it a token as to me, that to me is the little things used to represent BRACE, DEFLECTION, EVASION, IGNORE CRITICALS), so error on my part.

7 hours ago, Church14 said:

Ah. There we go. Then I can account for 22/25 tokens and the last three are probably objective or score tokens as was mentioned earlier. Thanks, that covers it. 

Now Im just having a “wow, we use a lot of cardboard” moment. 

I've got the cardboard from a GR-75 in front of me, and it's got:

2 defense, 5 victory, 5 objective, 1 command dial, 5 total ID tokens, 2 halves of speed dial, 4 shield dials, 4 command tokens, 1 cardboard base.

That comes to 29. MC-75 brings two more defense tokens and two more command dials, which would push it to 33.

Subtract shields/command dials/speed dial/ship token, as those aren't tokens in a game sense, and you're down to 23. Unless I've miscounted - highly possible - you've got two mystery tokens to identify. (That doesn't mean they're necessarily anything mysterious, it could just be that the speed dial halves are counted as tokens for some reason.)

52 minutes ago, Matt Antilles said:

G7-X and Grav Shift Reroute tokens ;)

If this has an experimental slot, I'd rather it have a new card with different technology to go with it, and that the preview picture just doesn't correctly reflect it.

I will now pour fuel on the speculation fire.

Spanish site lists the Imperial Star Destroyer as having 25 tokens. Cardboard contents, ignoring shield dials, ship token, and proof of purchase:

• 3 Command dials, 2 halves of speed dial, 5 defense tokens (Needa came in the box), 4 command tokens, 3 victory tokens, 3 objective tokens, 1 main ship ID token, 2 ship ID tokens, 2 squadron ID tokens. Total: 25.

Spanish site lists the Home One as having 24 tokens. Cardboard contents, ignoring 4 shield dials, 1 ship token, and 1 proof of purchase:

• 3 Command dials, 2 halves of speed dial, 4 defense tokens, 4 command tokens, 3 victory tokens, 3 objective tokens, 1 main ship ID token, 2 ship ID tokens, 2 squadron ID tokens. Total: 24.
  • The Liberty has the exact same 24 tokens.

I'm guessing Shield dials and ship token aren't counted as tokens by the rationale that they physically attach to the plastic ship base (and proof of purchase is ignored because it's not part of the game). That assumption makes the numbers work out on every ship I checked.  So every large ship to date has the same 3 victory / 3 objective tokens, as well as 5 total ID tokens. Given the 3 command dials, 2 speeds, and 4 command tokens, that means we have a baseline of 20, which gets up to the full 24 with a suite of four defense tokens. 

Yet the MC-75 has 25, same as the ISD...

It can't be a 5th defense token, since that'd be in the spread, same as it was for the Chimera and for the ISD. Your guess is as good as mine.

So, what's the Chimera got for us? Spanish site says 29 tokens. 

I'll leave that one without further comment, too - except to add that the site gives Rogues and Villains as having 22, which works out if its only counting the box's 14 defense tokens and 8 squadron ID tokens, meaning squadron disks/activation sliders aren't counted.

41 minutes ago, Matt Antilles said:

Maybe the other MC-75 version has a different defense token suite and the extra token is not show in the picture. 

I think it comes with a Scatter.

Mwuahahahahaha

Not a scatter. It would be appropriate for Rebels to get an upgrade that swaps one token out for a redirect. Similar to Needa. It would not even be particularly helpful to most Rebel ships. Save for the MC75 and maybe Nebulon.

15 minutes ago, Warlord Zepnick said:

Does anybody have an idea as to when we might get a new article? I'd like to be able to use the new toys in the Vassal WC Qualifying Games. 

We discuss this all the time in the Article Prediction Thread.

In short:

Any Time between Now and the Start of December has the best chance of an Article.

50 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Not a scatter. It would be appropriate for Rebels to get an upgrade that swaps one token out for a redirect. Similar to Needa. It would not even be particularly helpful to most Rebel ships. Save for the MC75 and maybe Nebulon.

That was my troll for the day. :)

Something that lets you swap a token for a redirect would make Nebs so much more fun to fly I think haha.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:08 AM, IronNerd said:

Ugh, what is the deal with double Contain? Has anyone ever burned through enough Contains to justify having 2? If they stopped non-standard crit effects, sure...

That's my only complaint, the ship is shaping up to look pretty good.

Yes. Dodonna bombers never triggers against interdictors and had a hard time with Arquitten

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, Matt Antilles said:

That was my troll for the day. :)

Something that lets you swap a token for a redirect would make Nebs so much more fun to fly I think haha.

Yeah, this is the Nebs biggest downfall.  Gigantic arcs with 1 shield and no redirect.  Dropping in a Needa like Rebel officer that lets you swap something for redirect would be huge for the Nebs.