D503

Sneaky profundity preview

2 hours ago, idiewell said:

Wow, i wasn't expecting this.  I had no idea we had bothans in Spain :D

That would be me! We had no wave 7 announcement, but I went into the upcoming page to check on dates for stuff... I found sneaky wave 7 there, checked product pages, and voila!  More of a lucky hit than actual spywork tho...

I think having a broadsider with a powerful deterrent front will avoid my Mc80 issue of having a Raider or a Gladiator parked in my awfully weak front arc forever...

13 hours ago, Visovics said:

From what I managed to translate the variant show in card tanslates to battleship cruiser, any fluet spanish can confirm "acorazado?"

"Salvo "card, Ion Cannon or Ordnance I'd guess.

4 titles it seems indeed, unless that Mon one is just another type of upgrade sneaking in there

Can't really pixel read in spanish :(

I already covered all of this earlier in the thread...

"Acorazado" can mean "battleship" (noun) or "armored" (adjective). "Crucero acorazado" means quite literally "Armored cruiser", and this would be my bet for the English name. It is however possible that it is a loose (good-looking but technically inaccurate) translation of "Battlecruiser" instead.

2 hours ago, DiabloAzul said:

Not a very reliable reference point, is it? :P

I'm stationed some 1200 miles from there.

For finding some spanish speakers its perfect. For finding all spanish speakers its terrible...

1200 miles isnt that far. You could have gone to that store champ. 

14 hours ago, Madaghmire said:

Would really help Nebs as a ship.

Specially since FFG has took so much effort to put back the VSD in play with JJ, DC and so on. It would be nice to see how they care about one of the old ships that has grown really bad and is getting outdated. Only titles are keeping her alive.

1 hour ago, xerpo said:

Specially since FFG has took so much effort to put back the VSD in play with JJ, DC and so on. It would be nice to see how they care about one of the old ships that has grown really bad and is getting outdated. Only titles are keeping her alive.

VSDs virtually vanished over night from serious competitive play.

Neb B's have never ever vanished from serious competitive play.

Which is why they addressed the issue with VSD's.

2 minutes ago, TheEasternKing said:

VSDs virtually vanished over night from serious competitive play.

Neb B's have never ever vanished from serious competitive play.

Which is why they addressed the issue with VSD's.

True.

Mostly bc of Yavaris.

A 5-point title that would be more correctly priced if it affected just one squad.

22 hours ago, IronNerd said:

Ugh, what is the deal with double Contain? Has anyone ever burned through enough Contains to justify having 2? If they stopped non-standard crit effects, sure...

That's my only complaint, the ship is shaping up to look pretty good.

Damage Control Officer? Though They are useful against bombers.

I have been reading Caitken more carefully and comparing him with other upgrade cards in Spanish.

It is not "when you attack".

It could be:

"When [a ship]" OR "When [this ship] attacks" the last one would be weird.

Also maybe "When [a/another friendly ship] attacks" but I would say no due to the blank space before "when". However is what would make more sense.

Of course all this is hypothetical but "when you attack" in Spanish is written with just two words (Cuando ataques) and in this case, "ataque/s" is at the beginning of the second line. 

UNLESS it said "when you declare an attack" but I don't know how much sense it could have.

Also I am quite sure the last lines are "[re]roll any [number] of dice.

Edited by ovinomanc3r

9 hours ago, Thrindal said:

It was cut from the movie.  My understanding is they had Madine basically do all of Ackbar's shots because they didn't know how well the animatronics for Ackbar would work in production.  As it turned out Ackbar worked well and Madine's only speaking part that made the movie was the scene where he sends Solo on the mission to take out the Sheild Generator on Endor.

That picture is awesome though.

Oh thank you. so I'm not losing it phew

6 hours ago, DiabloAzul said:

I already covered all of this earlier in the thread...

"Acorazado" can mean "battleship" (noun) or "armored" (adjective). "Crucero acorazado" means quite literally "Armored cruiser", and this would be my bet for the English name. It is however possible that it is a loose (good-looking but technically inaccurate) translation of "Battlecruiser" instead.

In defense of that translation, "battleship cruiser" and "dreadnought cruiser" (no idea what the latter is in Spanish) were two of the early terms in the press for what we today call the battlecruiser before that debate was settled (something about brevity).