D503

Sneaky profundity preview

2 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

The ships is perfect (so far) in everything but that - amazing arcs, weapons team slot, defense slot, officer slot, offensive slot, 3 squad, 4 engineering - the ONLY thing so far that makes it less than perfect is it's defense token suite. I think it makes sense. If it had, say, the tokens of the HMC80, who would ever NOT get this ship? 

I'd not take it for the same reason I don't take an MC80. I don't want to. 

The ship is far from perfect IMO. It's trying to do too much. Close range front, long range side, squad potential, and bad defense token suite.

It's simply a difference of opinion. 

2 hours ago, BlueSquadronPilot said:

No U-Wing? I am kind of sad :(

Not for me. It's the best thing (missing) in the pack. Do you really want a generic fighter to be only available in pairs in an expensive big ship pack? No one does! I'm still hoping the non-ace squad in the Chimaera pack is somehow bound to a title and isn't a generic that can be purchased in multiples.

It also has 5 defense tokens, as did the English version.. Imps getting another way to swap a defense token?  The little white star trail of the covered up 5th token looks like it could be a brace....

1 minute ago, Daht said:

It also has 5 defense tokens, as did the English version.. Imps getting another way to swap a defense token?  The little white star trail of the covered up 5th token looks like it could be a brace....

Or, you know, one of those is for the Named Kom'Rk fighter, Gar Saxon.

1 minute ago, Daht said:

Likely for the unique fighter.

1 hour ago, Democratus said:

Maybe one title will include the Experimental Retrofit slot.

I think that would be an interesting way to approach it.

While I'm not fond of mixing all upgrade slots across factions, this would have the potential for releasing new Experimental Upgrades, possibly giving a must-needed boost to the sad Interdcitor.

24 minutes ago, Thraug said:

While I'm not fond of mixing all upgrade slots across factions, this would have the potential for releasing new Experimental Upgrades, possibly giving a must-needed boost to the sad Interdcitor.

I'd like to meet a person who beats me into the ground with interdictors. I WANT to believe in that ship but I've never seen anything that's convinced me it's not too expensive for it's value. 

6 hours ago, IronNerd said:

Ugh, what is the deal with double Contain? Has anyone ever burned through enough Contains to justify having 2? If they stopped non-standard crit effects, sure...

That's my only complaint, the ship is shaping up to look pretty good.

I've been happy with dual contain and Damage Control Officers. Shuts down Screed-molishers, NorraSquadrons and the likes.

10 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

I'd like to meet a person who beats me into the ground with interdictors. I WANT to believe in that ship but I've never seen anything that's convinced me it's not too expensive for it's value. 

D caps helped a lot, double arc something at long range and send six plus sw7 damage over 2 attacks over to the enemy... It's decent

11 minutes ago, dominosfleet said:

@Drasnighta :) I think he managed to get off some good wins (he won a tourney, so they likely weren't marginal) with a double dictor list. He invented the Nose Punch.

40 minutes ago, Thraug said:

Not for me. It's the best thing (missing) in the pack. Do you really want a generic fighter to be only available in pairs in an expensive big ship pack? No one does! I'm still hoping the non-ace squad in the Chimaera pack is somehow bound to a title and isn't a generic that can be purchased in multiples.

Unless i missed something we do not know if the imperial squadron is a generic one. I still hope that these are both uniques. So you need only one Chimera and have all the squadrons that you need.

5 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

@Drasnighta :) I think he managed to get off some good wins (he won a tourney, so they likely weren't marginal) with a double dictor list. He invented the Nose Punch.

I've heard the legend ;) But sadly anywhere in Canada is pretty far away from me. 

Just now, dominosfleet said:

ugh, only 1 defense token for a fighter. ouch. 

A lot of them already have that precedence...  I mean, Not Morna, she cheats with hers...  But Bossk, for example...  He only has one.

That's probably why his card image looks like his Space-Truck just got Cut off by a Space-Taxi.