D503

Sneaky profundity preview

2 minutes ago, Tirion said:

So odds are looking like no ord or turbo slots.

If you're basing that on the fact that there are no seemingly included Turbolaser / Ordnance slots...  That's not a guaranteed hit one way or another.

You generally don't get cards you can't use.

But you sometimes get slots that aren't filled.

3 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Speed 2. No support slot?

Brace, redir, 2x contain. Same as a Dictor.

Where do you get the speed 2 from?  Unless I'm missing something, I don't think I see anything here that indicates what sort of dial it has?

(Or are you just referring to the '2' on the dial, meaning that it at least can hit speed 2?  Not sure that's a revelation - we don't have anything speed-1 in the game, yet...)

Just now, xanderf said:

Where do you get the speed 2 from?  Unless I'm missing something, I don't think I see anything here that indicates what sort of dial it has?

(Or are you just referring to the '2' on the dial, meaning that it at least can hit speed 2?  Not sure that's a revelation - we don't have anything speed-1 in the game, yet...)

The 2 on the dial. It need not be correct.

Early Warning SYSTEM confirmed as the name. It seems it works at the start of the COMMAND phase thanks to different order for nouns and adjectives between the languages. 

Caitken: when [...] attacks [...] this card [...] dice/dials (not clear but I suppose dice).

Jyn Erso: boarding actions stuff and mostly illegible but looks it has "assigned" within. 

Bail Organa: some kind of limitatio. After [...] you can [...] (illegible) second player (interesting) [...] (illegible)

The TIE thing is some kind of BATTERIES. 

Next to it is a card with a name that looks like "Salva de" what would translate like "salvo of..." or "something salvo"but not sure. The resolution made it impossible. 

Not too much sorry.

8 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

It works as a specific counter, sure. But it also requires ECM to be useful at nerfing MC30H9. 

I was usually running them under Ackbar. Steer well/deploy well and you can keep an MC30 in your sides often enough, which Admo can't get rid of EVERYTHING you shoot.

11 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

If you're basing that on the fact that there are no seemingly included Turbolaser / Ordnance slots...  That's not a guaranteed hit one way or another.

You generally don't get cards you can't use.

But you sometimes get slots that aren't filled.

Didn't say garuenteed. Said odds are high. Which they are. If in fact there are not upgrades for those slots

And I can't recall an upgrade slot not being filled. I believe only once was there an upgrade in an expansion that its ship couldn't take.

Edited by Tirion

From what I managed to translate the variant show in card tanslates to battleship cruiser, any fluet spanish can confirm "acorazado?"

"Salvo "card, Ion Cannon or Ordnance I'd guess.

4 titles it seems indeed, unless that Mon one is just another type of upgrade sneaking in there

Can't really pixel read in spanish :(

20 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I guess that's the difference.  I mean.  I don't need to DCO that much.  I'm the guy running those Lists.

I often am too, but I'll vacillate between MSU, squadrons, and Big Heavy. Oh, and incredibly bad ideas like this new Sato plan I have for this week.

2 hours ago, IronNerd said:

Ugh, what is the deal with double Contain? Has anyone ever burned through enough Contains to justify having 2? If they stopped non-standard crit effects, sure...

That's my only complaint, the ship is shaping up to look pretty good.

Well I mean it could have been one contain..

And damage control officer?

3 minutes ago, Tirion said:

Didn't say garuenteed. Said odds are high. Which they are. If in fact there are not upgrades for those slots

And I can't recall an upgrade slot not being filled. I believe only once was there an upgrade in an expansion that its ship couldn't take.

Given the description notes turbolasers, ion cannons, and ordnance, I think it's reasonable to assume the opposite: it could (at least across both chassis) have access to every weapon slot available.

FFG lately have been diverting from their earlier upgrade philosophy (see: QBTs in the Quasar pack, two commanders with the Chimera, etc.) so I have a hard time making strong arguments from the cards alone other than what is likely to be an upgrade slot.

3 hours ago, Undeadguy said:

What terrible defense tokens are these? Got all those shields and I'll never get to use em now.

3 hours ago, IronNerd said:

Ugh, what is the deal with double Contain? Has anyone ever burned through enough Contains to justify having 2? If they stopped non-standard crit effects, sure...

That's my only complaint, the ship is shaping up to look pretty good.

The ships is perfect (so far) in everything but that - amazing arcs, weapons team slot, defense slot, officer slot, offensive slot, 3 squad, 4 engineering - the ONLY thing so far that makes it less than perfect is it's defense token suite. I think it makes sense. If it had, say, the tokens of the HMC80, who would ever NOT get this ship? 

8 minutes ago, Gottmituns205 said:

Not gonna lie...the Profundity expansion interests me more. Rebel ships and their versatility has always been a major draw for me. Empire is basically: point, shoot, and kill.  

I feel like Imperial ships have this reputation unfairly because of their ship selection in wave one and wave two (the Raider being a sneaky exception). The Empire was the first faction with a support ship (the Interdictor) and now has added the Quasar. It has a slippery long-ranged ship in the Arquitens and a flotilla that needs to thread the needle between fleet support and minor combat support to justify its cost over the GR75. The Raider is still best utilized as a reactive short-ranged ship and it's tough to get the hang of.

It's okay to generally prefer Rebels, of course; I just no longer think the "Imperial ships are simple to use, they're just point and click" stereotype bears out.

Just now, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

The ships is perfect (so far) in everything but that - amazing arcs, weapons team slot, defense slot, officer slot, offensive slot, 3 squad, 4 engineering - the ONLY thing so far that makes it less than perfect is it's defense token suite. I think it makes sense. If it had, say, the tokens of the HMC80, who would ever NOT get this ship? 

I'm tentatively excited for it. At the very least it's a Rebel ship that wants to and can get use out of Boarding Troopers if it likes. It's got an inferior-to-an-LMC80 front arc and inferior-to-an-HMC80 side arc, but a nice double-arc. That and it can take Gunnery Teams to give Ackbar a battle buddy but not (presumably) for cheap; that's neat too.