D503

Sneaky profundity preview

14 minutes ago, kmanweiss said:

Serious question here.  How do moncal get dressed?  They have gigantic popeye forearms, but they always have sleeves that end just prior to that gigantic bulging arm.  How do they pull those sleeves on without horribly stretching out the material?

buttons Velcro or zippers on the sleeves.

10 minutes ago, Baltanok said:

I'll also point out that the spread is 13 cards, but it comes with 14, if I'm reading correctly.

There may be two copies of one of the cards.

At first I was going to suggest it could hint at a non-unique title - but that would not make much sense since you'd need two boxes, and at that point you'd have both copies.

...having said that, one of the title (?) cards appears to have a double-line name, which so far has only been used for non-unique titles I believe.

EDIT: It seems to read "Mon <...>", which at first I thought was a typical Mon Cal ship name, but then I thought it could be Mon Mothma Task Force ship. It could also be the first example of a non-unique title that various ship types can use, e.g. MC75 and CR90.

Edited by DiabloAzul

2 minutes ago, Mon Cala Blue said:

I also only count thirteen cards, but it definitely comes with fourteen.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-armada/products/profundity-expansion-pack/

While probably true, "definitely" is a big word when it comes to the reliability of FFG announcements :P

1 hour ago, Undeadguy said:

What terrible defense tokens are these? Got all those shields and I'll never get to use em now.

1 hour ago, IronNerd said:

Ugh, what is the deal with double Contain? Has anyone ever burned through enough Contains to justify having 2? If they stopped non-standard crit effects, sure...

Less shields than the HMC80 but one more hull. Might make DCO a bit more tempting?

Also possible there's an upgrade or title that swaps a token out, ala Needa or Endeavor?

Or, third option, it could be to balance the ship to exist at a lower point cost where an HMC80 token suite would be too survivable.

1 minute ago, svelok said:

Less shields than the HMC80 but one more hull. Might make DCO a bit more tempting?

Also possible there's an upgrade or title that swaps a token out, ala Needa or Endeavor?

Or, third option, it could be to balance the ship to exist at a lower point cost where an HMC80 token suite would be too survivable.

Yeah I'm hoping for a Rebel Needa or a title that swaps one of those contains out. Or some way of spending defence tokens for defensive purposes like the Admonition. There's no point to a double contain specifically though. You can only use 1 crit effect at a time barring FCT, and who uses those?

What the MC75 needs is double Brace. What it will settle for in a pinch is double Redirects (especially with those shields) but mechanically there is absolutely no reason to have two Contain tokens.

If I recall It right, un the past When there was a leak, ffg released the Official article quickly. So, I wouldnt be surprised to see mc75 article this Week, or Even Today.

Also, I Think its a safe bet to pre-order 1 chimera and 2 mc75.

I'm very intrigued by the unique Weapons Team. Happy to see a few other titles as well. I had a bad feeling this was going to be a Phoenix Home / Interdictor case, but I'm glad it's not.

4 minutes ago, svelok said:

I was just about to write pretty much these exact things. I'm ok with the tokens – it'll drop the price a little, at the very least, which I like, but I could also see a title that buffs the double contain in some way. Maybe lets you burn a contain to flip/discard a crit you already have or something? I don't know.

31 minutes ago, Mward1984 said:

What the MC75 needs is double Brace. What it will settle for in a pinch is double Redirects (especially with those shields) but mechanically there is absolutely no reason to have two Contain tokens.

Well, if you're receiving multiple shots in the same round and your Contain is exhausted, it might be nice to have a second one handy. It's only useful in certain situations, but they all involve soaking up damage. Of course in most situations there is no doubt that a different defense token would be better. But if your choice was an extra Contain or just three tokens rather than four, I guess I'd take the extra Contain for redundancy.

Edited by RobertK

No pics of extra defense tokens, so therefore; no changing defense tokens.

People can complain about double contain all you want, but it 

A) keeps the price lower than an MC80

B) makes damage control officer more useful (and thus less emphasis on MSU, especially DeMSU). This is the big ship wave, so hitting smalls is fine with me. And any ship that for 5 more points let's me tell Demolisher to go screw is fine by me. You won't get jumped by some wacky Screed/Ozzel nonsense here, which will let you get your Raddus nesting dolls off.

Just now, geek19 said:

No pics of extra defense tokens, so therefore; no changing defense tokens.

People can complain about double contain all you want, but it 

A) keeps the price lower than an MC80

B) makes damage control officer more useful (and thus less emphasis on MSU, especially DeMSU). This is the big ship wave, so hitting smalls is fine with me. And any ship that for 5 more points let's me tell Demolisher to go screw is fine by me. You won't get jumped by some wacky Screed/Ozzel nonsense here, which will let you get your Raddus nesting dolls off.

Sure, it makes DCO more useful and all.

But I'm pretty sure Walex is being duct-taped to that auxiliary command chair.

5 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Sure, it makes DCO more useful and all.

But I'm pretty sure Walex is being duct-taped to that auxiliary command chair.

Further fun point with DCO: "No, Norra, you resolve NO crits now." And I've run both on HMC80S at different times (DCO/walex). Depends on your meta.

Edited by geek19
Autocorrect notes to norra

2 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Further fun point with DCO: "No, Notes, you resolve NO crits now." And I've run both on HMC80S at different times (DCO/walex). Depends on your meta.

I mean, I think its a fair call, 50/50 shot to decide between DCO and Walex on MC80s.  Without a doubt, that's a tough meta call.

But Interdictor defense tokens on what is essentially a gloriously oversized Assault Frigate?  Yeah, I need either the brace or the redirect to end up eventually redundant.

Unless of course, like the interdictor, I get an Experimental Retrofit slot...  Because I'll take a Targeting Scrambler in exchange for a double contain.

Edited by Drasnighta

3 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

DCO is a great card. Makes Contain great again. EXCEPT it eats the officer slot and 5 pts. Now be honest, how often do you want to do that?

Ask @Snipafist how soon until he's running his Ozzel 2 gladiator list again? If your meta is chock full of MSU (like mine), DCO has been amazing at nerfing MC30s, Demo, and all sorts of Dodonna lists.

Just now, geek19 said:

Ask @Snipafist how soon until he's running his Ozzel 2 gladiator list again? If your meta is chock full of MSU (like mine), DCO has been amazing at nerfing MC30s, Demo, and all sorts of Dodonna lists.

I guess that's the difference.  I mean.  I don't need to DCO that much.  I'm the guy running those Lists.

2 hours ago, IronNerd said:

Ugh, what is the deal with double Contain? Has anyone ever burned through enough Contains to justify having 2? If they stopped non-standard crit effects, sure...

That's my only complaint, the ship is shaping up to look pretty good.

I will be amazed if we don't get an upgrade (defensive retrofit?) in this wave that does something swell with contain tokens, so I'd wait and see. If they're trying to make big ships great again*, the contain token is an easy choice for buffing, especially through a defensive retrofit. Worst case it makes the DCO fairly appealing for the officer slot (fighting with Walex, Raymus, and Lando, I would imagine). I was not a big DCO believer until I actually faced one and then you start to take note of all the crit effects you rely on that just don't work any more.

*they already are, overall, despite the whining.

3 minutes ago, geek19 said:

It works as a specific counter, sure. But it also requires ECM to be useful at nerfing MC30H9.