D503

Sneaky profundity preview

The TIE fighter card is interesting.  It looks like either an ion cannon striking it or a tractor beam.  I can't say we learned a ton from this but I am still very excited for Wave 7.  

Get those big ships on the board!

8 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

@xerpo @ovinomanc3r

Translations please!?

From google translate 

The MC75 Cruise represents the first generation of warships built by the mon calamari to flee the imperial occupation of their native oceanic world. Created from the reconversion of passenger ships or even urban constructions, these ships were armed with a powerful combination of turbolasers, ion cannons and proton torpedoes. One of the first of its kind was Depth, the flagship of Admiral Raddus and stronghold of the rebel fleet.

This pack includes everything you need to add 1 MC75 Cruiser to your games.

3 minutes ago, themightyhedgehog said:

From google translate 

The MC75 Cruise represents the first generation of warships built by the mon calamari to flee the imperial occupation of their native oceanic world. Created from the reconversion of passenger ships or even urban constructions, these ships were armed with a powerful combination of turbolasers, ion cannons and proton torpedoes. One of the first of its kind was Depth, the flagship of Admiral Raddus and stronghold of the rebel fleet.

This pack includes everything you need to add 1 MC75 Cruiser to your games.

Interesting that it translated Profundity as Depth. I had no idea that profundidad was the Spanish word for Depth

2 minutes ago, Church14 said:

Interesting that it translated Profundity as Depth. I had no idea that profundidad was the Spanish word for Depth

Google translate isn't actually that good at getting the accurate translation. I am in Spanish class, it was one of the first things we learned.

5 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Captain Ackbar perhaps?

I'd say unlikely, since the Mon Cal visible looks like one of the Profundity bridge crew, which looks distinctly different from Ackbar and his crew in ROTJ

So I guess its a background char that got named, probably the one that has some lines with Raddus in Rogue One

Just now, Doppelganger said:

I'd say unlikely, since the Mon Cal visible looks like one of the Profundity bridge crew, which looks distinctly different from Ackbar and his crew in ROTJ

So I guess its a background char that got named, probably the one that has some lines with Raddus in Rogue One

True. Unless they just squeeze him in there anyway because we've gotten officer versions of other commanders (well, I guess just Leia)

5 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

True. Unless they just squeeze him in there anyway because we've gotten officer versions of other commanders (well, I guess just Leia)

If you're talking about the white Mon Cal, it's this guy:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Caitken

EDIT: the card name is likely "Caitken and Shollan"

Edited by DiabloAzul

2 minutes ago, DiabloAzul said:

If you're talking about the white Mon Cal, it's this guy:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Caitken

Ha, now that I know his name, I can make it out on the card.

Initially I thought that read captain in Spanish or something...

Edited by Doppelganger

1 minute ago, kmanweiss said:

Serious question here.  How do moncal get dressed?  They have gigantic popeye forearms, but they always have sleeves that end just prior to that gigantic bulging arm.  How do they pull those sleeves on without horribly stretching out the material?

They dress underwater, so everything is super stretchy. Then they dry off.