Bhunter46

My forest moon of Endor

8 hours ago, cookluke5150 said:

Dude soon awesome... but get a new mat.  looks like astro turf  lol

lol, yeah yeah, it's only meant to be a temp mat. ? One day I will buy a nice looking mat. ???

On 9/17/2017 at 4:22 PM, Bhunter46 said:

Hello, just finished making my big tree trunks for my Endor map. I still need to paint and flock them. They turned out being fun and easy to build. I just followed the YouTube videos by Shawn Morris. They're great.

CMzrzi3.jpg

2YJxbCV.jpg

Cost to make these big trees?

1 hour ago, Pooleman said:

Cost to make these big trees?

I don't remember. I bought two mailing tubes from Staples and cut them in half to make four trees. They were cheap. I bought some wooden disks from Michaels for there bases, which was also cheap. You need watered down PVA, tissue paper, string and a glue gun. You'll also need some air drying clay. Plus the flock for the moss.

so they could be pretty inexpensive depending on what materials you end up using and what you already have. 

Hope this helps! 

On 3/2/2018 at 7:29 AM, Bhunter46 said:

I have finally finished my bunker. It was a lot of work, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. This marks the end of my terrain building for now. Now I can relax and just wait for the game to come out. Looking forward to playing the game and getting my minis all painted up.

dML0iJX.jpg

VfW3f8J.jpg

That bunker looks AWESOME! Best one I've seen so far!

I wish I had seen it before making mine. I fixed mine to a hill and now I'm not so fond of it anymore...

Might I ask what did you use for the metal pieces on the back? I mean, for both the support and the end caps of the balsa wood cylinder.

I'm doing a tall industrial building and I think this would look really nice on the sides of it.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, famado said:

Thanks,

the end caps are something I bought from Michaels arts and craft store. I'm afraid I don't remember what the supports are or were I got them. When I was making my terrain, I looked in lots of stores for little things I could use.

sorry I'm not able to help more...

That bunker looks AWESOME! Best one I've seen so far!

I wish I had seen it before making mine. I fixed mine to a hill and now I'm not so fond of it anymore...

Might I ask what did you use for the metal pieces on the back? I mean, for both the support and the end caps of the balsa wood cylinder.

I'm doing a tall industrial building and I think this would look really nice on the sides of it.

Thanks!

On 9/18/2018 at 5:33 AM, Bhunter46 said:

sorry I'm not able to help more...

Thanks! 

I actually found out I actually had the support pieces right here at home! I had imagined the scale completely wrong and didn't realize it until my gf showed me the pieces! I felt really dumb..

She also says the end caps seem to be jewelry ends caps, for earrings or necklaces. I'll try to find some with an "industrial look".

many thanks once more!

4 hours ago, famado said:

Thanks! 

I actually found out I actually had the support pieces right here at home! I had imagined the scale completely wrong and didn't realize it until my gf showed me the pieces! I felt really dumb..

She also says the end caps seem to be jewelry ends caps, for earrings or necklaces. I'll try to find some with an "industrial look".

many thanks once more!

Oh good! I'm glad I was able to help. Yeah, those end cap were in the jewelry making section of Michaels. ???