Sign in to follow this  
TallGiraffe

Dauntless Pathfinders

Forged in battle will be fun to try in both crossbows and spearmen.  Nice to see Daqan getting some useful faction upgrades.

EDIT: Just realized you can use it on Oathsworn too.  Not sure it's AS useful there since the MSU cavalry often does its best work early on, but maybe on a cav-star?

Edited by Willange

Will add an interesting option to get an early flank or block in to dictate the opening rounds. Can only bode well for Runewars that we are seeing so many different products released as it should make for ever varied lists at tournaments which makes for a more entertaining viewing and will help swell the community.

Now where is the Uthuk second hero?  Lol...

These seem interesting.  I like the concept of the scout ability.  Not sure how well it will work in practice.  Probably better with certain objectives.  Maybe they can act as a decoy.  Drawing units towards them before they shift out of position and leave the pursuing unit exposed?

5 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

Will add an interesting option to get an early flank or block in to dictate the opening rounds. Can only bode well for Runewars that we are seeing so many different products released as it should make for ever varied lists at tournaments which makes for a more entertaining viewing and will help swell the community.

Hopefully they actually release in time to be at Worlds.

5 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Now where is the Uthuk second hero?  Lol...

These seem interesting.  I like the concept of the scout ability.  Not sure how well it will work in practice.  Probably better with certain objectives.  Maybe they can act as a decoy.  Drawing units towards them before they shift out of position and leave the pursuing unit exposed?

My thoughts exactly, on both counts. I think that free blue action will either put them precariously out in the open, or will not end up amounting to much. I very much look forward to be proven wrong.

Also, what do you make of "eight customizable miniatures"? Sounds to me like the arms can slot into any of the torsos, allowing you alter the figures to make them stand out a bit more from other armies. If that is the case, I greatly approve. Nice job, FFG.

Edited by Parakitor

1 minute ago, Parakitor said:

My thoughts exactly, on both counts. I think that free blue action will either put them precariously out in the open, or will not end up amounting to much. I very much look forward to be proven wrong.

Also, what do you make of "eight customizable miniatures"? Sounds to me like the arms can slot into any of the torsos, allowing you to make your figures stand out a bit more from other armies. If that is the case, I greatly approve. Nice job, FFG.

I'm wondering if by customizable they just mean you can paint them however you want. I'm intrigued to see how they'll be used, if at all. I do like their shiftiness and think a 2x1 would be a great blocking unit, at 21 points though, that's hefty.

ENHANCE: Seasoned Pathfinder, 4-point champion upgrade
Outland Scouts only.
Do not deploy (after?) deployment.
After the first round, deploy touching any (xxxxxx) and not touching (any enemy units?) or (xxxx) (xxxx) (xxxx) Then you may perform a (reform? shift?)

That's about as close as I can get, anyone else?

Edit, looks like:

After the first round, deploy touching any (terrain) and not touching (any other units or objective tokens). Then you may perform a (reform).

Edited by Bhelliom

Free blue move pretty much solidifies them as a flanker. You cant use that unless youre flanking and not get immediately pummeled for it.
Two blues is pretty weak but the 2surge to add a hit kinda makes that on par with 1R1B while allowing other surge effects to possibly go off more (Kari stuck in that unit would be kinda sick...imagine rolling 6 Surges with her giving a third blue lol)

Lack of upgrade slots kinda sucks, but that Forged In Battle card is pretty schweet.

Overall i'd say a nice alternative to spearmen. Rather than have a big blob of spears and 1-2 smaller blobs of spears, bring these instead of the smaller blobs.

1 minute ago, Bhelliom said:

Outland Scouts only.
After the first round, deploy touching any (xxxxxx) and not touching (any enemy units?) or (xxxx) (xxxx) (xxxx) Then you may perform a (reform? shift?)

If I had to guess -- they come out of 'terrain'

2 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

Outland Scouts only.

@Wraithist you're good at reading blur, thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Usually when you deploy on a flank it takes longer to come around and close with the enemy. This extra move action may let the flanking Scouts engage simultaneously with the rest of your army.

6 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Also, what do you make of "eight customizable miniatures"? Sounds to me like the arms can slot into any of the torsos, allowing you to make your figures stand out a bit more from other armies. If that is the case, I greatly approve. Nice job, FFG.

Looks like it's 4 unique sculpts in the picture.

7 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

My guess? 
Outland Scouts only.
Do not deploy after deployment.
After the first round, deploy touching any terrain and not touching any other units or objective tokens. Then you may perform a reform.

9 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

Outland Scouts only.

deploy touching any terrain and not touching any enemy units or objective tokens.  Then perform a shift -- is my guess.

8 minutes ago, Bhelliom said:

Outland Scouts only.

It is after in the first sentence. Basically that sentence just over-rides the Scout ability. Can't make out much more than you have on the rest.

The generic equipment is likely to be the Corruption Rune since Daqan don't have it yet.

I have to say - this is not at all what I expected to get as Daqan.  Pretty interesting unit though, the late deployment options will be fun to try.  If our laser-eyes are right, it'll make terrain even more important.

3 minutes ago, Glucose98 said:

deploy touching any terrain and not touching any enemy units or objective tokens.  Then perform a shift -- is my guess.

It's a reform.  If it were a shift, then it would have to specify the speed as in "perform a speed-1 shift".

Edited by Willange