Sign in to follow this  
eagletsi111

Nym Meta: What a surprise? not!

Had to chime in here.   If you all remember I posted when Nym first came out.   About how OP he truly was with actual stats and reasons why.

However, what did I get in return for trying to post logic,  12 pages of people saying your and idiot Nym is easy to kill,  he's such a weak ship.    Well lots of results have rolled in now. 

Ask Paul Heaver and Nathan Ide (SP) how much Nym Sucks,  Not to mention nearly the entire top 10 at Nationals and top 10 at Genecon.    Countless other Tournaments too.

I guess Nym just sucks and was NOT poorly designed with Major Power Creep and is not OP.   That is why everyone is playing him because they see that now.

I rest my case.

I'm not sure anyone worth listening to said Nym wasn't strong...
I have my opinions on what makes him so strong but none of that matters. He's printed and that's that. We now have to wait - and some will fill that time with threads like these. 

Have you played him, though? My god is it fun.. Broken, but fun. 

33 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Dude, from everything I saw you post and how you said it, I don't see some prophet who was right. I see a band wagoner who got lucky. You still tried to crame it down people's throats based on two games. Two games, and you were ready for pitchforks. That's not something I respect. 

Like the crew card, sabine of the forums drops accurate bombs...

We've been having fun with nym locally. He is very easy to kill unless he knows what he's doing, making for tense and close games 

Sure arc dodging 1v1 v another arced ship is as easy as when soontir did it, but against multiple ships or any turret or even aux arc you feel his bwingness real quick 

Only thing is we don't dengar because **** that guy

Funny how he and miri (even corran) are so overlooked given the past two world's results before nym was a gleam in a preview 

P.s: go stroke elsewhere. You're not supposed to do it publicly 

Edited by ficklegreendice

21 minutes ago, Holmelund said:

For the guy playing him, for the other guy, not so much.

I agree he's not balanced - your opponent cannot mitigate against bombs being dropped wherever the eff Nym wants when he's got Advanced Sensors. 
But the biggest lesson I took from NOVA was that Nym doesn't joust well in the late-game. The imbalance comes when you (correctly) decide to run with Nym and someone chases you.. Then there's nothing they can do but eat bomblets or concede.

19 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

We've been having fun with nym locally. He is very easy to kill unless he knows what he's doing, making for tense and close games 

Sure arc dodging 1v1 v another arced ship is as easy as when soontir did it, but against multiple ships or any turret or even aux arc you feel his bwingness real quick 

Only thing is we don't dengar because **** that guy

Funny how he and miri (even corran) are so overlooked given the past two world's results before nym was a gleam in a preview 

P.s: go stroke elsewhere. You're not supposed to do it publicly 

I've said it before and I'm saying again - you don't give Nym enough credit..

He doesn't die easily. Period. I jousted a PS 11/10 Imperial list this weekend and won because of the crazy amount of maneuverability/damage output Nym has. He can control range and avoid shots or simply avoid arcs - or better yet, 5-forward into you and drop bombs. You can latch onto one aspect of that statement or call it an anecdote but I think I'll let PHeaver answer any further questions you have about Nym's position in the game.. 

Edited by Rinzler in a Tie

Nym: good; that's a fact that's proven. I haven't one to try, but it has to be fun. Here's the only rub I have (beyond, did it need a turret too?) and that is:

Why the EPT on this wedge/block of a heavy Bomber FFG? Isn't that kinda un-Bomber-ish in comparison to the K-Wing and Punisher? (yeah, we all know the Punisher isn't really worth comparing, haha)

11 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

Nym: good; that's a fact that's proven. I haven't one to try, but it has to be fun. Here's the only rub I have (beyond, did it need a turret too?) and that is:

Why the EPT on this wedge/block of a heavy Bomber FFG? Isn't that kinda un-Bomber-ish in comparison to the K-Wing and Punisher? (yeah, we all know the Punisher isn't really worth comparing, haha)

Unfortunately, I think the answer is that FFG is sticking to their recent agenda: Bigger, faster, stronger. 
The mantle of balance will forever rest on old ships, a few unlucky new ones, and at its worst, a whole faction... 

20 minutes ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

Unfortunately, I think the answer is that FFG is sticking to their recent agenda: Bigger, faster, stronger. 
The mantle of balance will forever rest on old ships, a few unlucky new ones, and at its worst, a whole faction... 

We need to get them off that Daft Punk song.

24 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Half the issue here is twin laser turret.  The TLT has been broken since release and Nym is just piling on.  Autoblaster Nym doesn't scare my generic swarms all that much.

It shouldn't scare anyone.. Especially other Nyms. You should see ABT and say, "%^&* that guy, I'm staying as far away from that as possible"

15 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Srsly. ACABT scares aces. ACTLT scares basically everything except Poe.

Well now I'll get anecdotal.. Playing PS 10 and 8 ships against a PS 10 Nym (w/ABT AC) three different times, I took one ABT shot.

Here's what I'll say: One of the best tactics you can use in this meta is be ready to play the full 75 minutes. Be patient. Your opponent is going to force that range one, and if you find yourself in range one of ABT AC, back-track and make note of how you could have taken the long-way 'round that rock or set up different to force a different approach. I'm not saying you can go a lifetime without taking a ABTAC shot, but I'm saying it's possible to go a whole game like that. 

Edited by Rinzler in a Tie

What's with the condescending nerds coming out of the woodwork acting like they're heavy-breathing Aristotles? 

Between this and the 'everyone apologize to me about the FAQ leak' thread, it feel like some people just want to be patted on the back and told they are awesome for some weird reason.

Also, it's not 1995 anymore; don't use 'not!' as a punchline, Wayne.

Edited by enigmahfc

1 minute ago, enigmahfc said:

What's with the condescending nerds coming out of the woodwork acting like they're heavy-breathing Aristotles? 

Between this and the 'everyone apologize to me about the FAQ leak' thread, it feel like some people just want to be patted on the back and told they are awesome for some weird reason.

Who you callin' nerd, nerd?

2 hours ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

Bigger, faster and stronger too?

He's the heavy bomber of the SV crew!