Sign in to follow this  
Giulio

jump 1 in inches?

Looking like 4ish, but that's a guesstimation. Could be more but there's at least four of them on at full length range ruler* so I can't really see them being longer

*I think... now I need to rewatch the vid

1 hour ago, Mantose262 said:

I assume jump 1 will go as high as terrain height 1. According to one of the videos with the dev you use the range ruler(range 1) to measure height 1 ... and range 1 from what I have read around the forums is 6 inches.

This is what I'm guessing to but it seems wrong... Having into account that a miniatures are gonna be less than 2 inches it seems like there will be jedi jump or no jump at all... I guess they want to keep a clear separation so there is no possible discussion while playing.

Edited by Andreu
Grammar

1 hour ago, bernh said:

In one demo video was stated that height 1 equals 6 inches.

Jeez. I wonder if Boba Fett will get Jump 2 when he's added in the future.

Also now that I think about it, IDK how much the Jump ability will matter on most boards. For example, my first two gameboards, the forest board and the board I have planned after that, don't use many/any buildings. In all honesty I only see a few locations using the jump keyword (like Tatooine for example)

The Team Covenant video  from Gencon covers a lot. They said that a range one is roughly 6 inches. Thay also said Luke can jump  and jumping is used with a range one ruler. They held it up against their terrain  and it appeared that the bunker was roughly 3" to 3 1/2" tall. I would suggest watching the video  and making up your own mind until we get hard rules in our hands.

Edited by ozmodon

7 hours ago, Alino said:

Jeez. I wonder if Boba Fett will get Jump 2 when he's added in the future.

Also now that I think about it, IDK how much the Jump ability will matter on most boards. For example, my first two gameboards, the forest board and the board I have planned after that, don't use many/any buildings. In all honesty I only see a few locations using the jump keyword (like Tatooine for example)

Jump allows you to ignore height 1 terrain. So that means you don't just use it to hop onto rooftops, you can also use it to ignore difficult or impassible terrain.  So large logs, rock formations, wrecked walkers... All these things would prevent or slow down your movement, and when your best weapon is a melee weapon, things that prevent or slow down movement are bad.

So pretty much any board would probably have something that would apply, not just buildings.

Edited by Ghostofman

Well they say model scale is 32mm. That's 1 1/4 inch for imperialists. Does that help?

1inch = 25mm

Edit: scrap that, just realised this is a rule dimension....

Edited by Ralgon

1 hour ago, Giulio said:

speedbike ignore difficult terrain and their movement are similar to jump1?

so they can overfly buildings and rocks?

We'll know for sure once we have the full rules, but for now that appears to be correct.

Guessing that terrain ignoring or mitigating options will be reasonably common to encourage movement and flanking over turtling up.

On 05/09/2017 at 3:05 PM, Giulio said:

speedbike ignore difficult terrain and their movement are similar to jump1?

so they can overfly buildings and rocks?

I didn't like this either... Cannon wise is wrong that a speederbike can fly on top of buildings... I was hoping for bikes crushing into building if badly managed and that the "height" units will be marks splitting the already splitted  range rules but when I saw that the snowspeeder had height 2 I knew I was in for disappointment.

On 2/19/2018 at 3:23 AM, Andreu said:

I didn't like this either... Cannon wise is wrong that a speederbike can fly on top of buildings... I was hoping for bikes crushing into building if badly managed and that the "height" units will be marks splitting the already splitted  range rules but when I saw that the snowspeeder had height 2 I knew I was in for disappointment.

At least in legends, the speeder bike has a max altitude of 25 meters. If we say 1 inch is roughly equal to 5 feet, a height 1 building would be 30 feet, which is somewhere around 10 meters. Speeder bikes should be perfectly capable of cruising over that. (I know it’s a different vehicle, but think about the podracers—they’re similar sized repulsor vehicles and they soared way up high).