ryanjamal

Dear FFG: O to Nerf an Ugnaut, Let Us Count the Ways

122 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

Imo, it would be a great ruling, to go back there ...

Agreed. I would prefer a clarification on the procedure, like they've done in the past for Zillo, Massive figure finishing movement, that kind of thing.

Hard errata is going to lead to a bloated FAQ document.

3 hours ago, TheUnsullied said:

On that note do you have any tips or strategies for players who haven't had as much practice against the Ugnaughts so that we aren't thrown into the deep end the first time we get matched up with it?

Also remember the existence of the Pass rule.

4 hours ago, cleardave said:

Agreed. I would prefer a clarification on the procedure, like they've done in the past for Zillo, Massive figure finishing movement, that kind of thing.

Isn't the current usage in the errata?

4 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

I love it! It's a choice to bring something broken. Well done my Polish and Nordic friends (slow clap)! Now I'm curious to see what the lists looked like. :P

Nordics was won by Iggy, eWeequay, BT-1, Vinto, eJawa, C-3PO, Chopper (Headhunter), and Devious.

Runner-up was Luke, eRangers, Davith, Hera, Gideon, C-3PO, and Balance of the Force.

ryanjamal likes this

2 hours ago, Cremate said:

Remaining two Nordics Top 4 were double Rangers and Luke/Rangers, respectively.

I await with baited breath the calls for "Rangers R broke" and "Nerf Luke and his Rangers" calls

Unlikely. It's actually interesting to see Luke Skywalker in his ROTJ costume running around with a bunch of ROTJ rebels. Unlike some other lists which are winning math combos but just not a very in-universe experience to play.

Szycha, ryanjamal and seef1033 like this

In Poland it was:

(lost)

Luke Skaywalker (Jedi Knight)
Elite Alliance Ranger
Hera Syndulla
R2-D2
Gideon Argus
C-3PO
Alliance Smuggler
Rebel High Command

VS

(Won)

Elite Weequay Pirate
Elite Weequay Pirate
Onar Koma
Vinto Hreeda
Hera Syndulla
Gideon Argus
Elite Jawa
C-3PO
Temporary Alliance
Black Market
Devious Scheme

Why would C-3PO and Gideon fight against Luke and a bunch of other rebels (including Gideon fighting himself)? This is the kind of thing that keeps me from touching competitive play with a 10 foot pole.

Armandhammer likes this

1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

Why would C-3PO and Gideon fight against Luke and a bunch of other rebels (including Gideon fighting himself)? This is the kind of thing that keeps me from touching competitive play with a 10 foot pole.

Mirror Universe... sheesh. :)

TauntaunScout likes this

Just now, kingargyle said:

Mirror Universe... sheesh. :)

But evil Gideon would have a beard if what we know about mirror universes holds true! But Gideon already has a huge beard! So does evil Gideon have hair on his head and no-beard? See this kind of thing gets out of hand very quickly. NO! THANK-YOU! May as well debate chronology of time-travel movie franchises...

27 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

But evil Gideon would have a beard if what we know about mirror universes holds true! But Gideon already has a huge beard! So does evil Gideon have hair on his head and no-beard? See this kind of thing gets out of hand very quickly. NO! THANK-YOU! May as well debate chronology of time-travel movie franchises...

****... now I need another core set so I can paint Mirror Universe versions of the figures.   Like I don't have enough to paint already.. THANKS! 

4 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

I'm pretty sure this would happen in ANY competitive game that has multiple factions. There are 3 factions, so in a tournament you're bound to have to play against "yourself" (or similar list) at some point. 

9 hours ago, kingargyle said:

****... now I need another core set so I can paint Mirror Universe versions of the figures.   Like I don't have enough to paint already.. THANKS! 

Trim off Gideon's massive beard and stick it on his head. I dare ya!

kingargyle likes this

10 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

1)The mirror universe Gideon would be clean cut, with a full head of hair and not be sculpted to look like a raging drunk

2)Back to the Future, as a series is pretty straightforward.  Unlike say, the Terminator brand, it wasn't buried under hack-fraud sequels and soft reboots.  You just need to pick 'em better.  BTTF4LIFE